Aldo's keg kicks won't work against Connor...

There's no mention here of comparing Aldo's striking to Siver. I am a neutral observer. But McGregor is the only only one with the closest possibility of knocking Aldo out with a single punch. This is very much likely if Aldo is not able to implement his leg kicks which I doubt he will.

Aldo not being able to implement his low kicks will increase drastically the chances that he gets ko'd? Seriously?

Have people watched an Aldo fight without Conor bias?

Aldo has great boxing and footwork, probably one of the best in the division, , he is more of a reactionary counter fighter that's why he doesn't move as much, and lets guys stand in front of him.

Conor it's a bad matchup for Aldo, that doesn't mean Conor will just be able to easily neutralize Aldo's game and KO him. It's insane.

It worked against Florian a southpaw. Its called inside leg kick which can be more damaging.

Bro he doesn't throw power kicks without setup, right here it proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Last time he threw a kick without setup he broke his foot. You don't think he fixed that mistake. Seeing as he hasn't done it since. You can't hurt McGregor with soft kicks? Lool ok we'll see how his movement is in round 4 after he's taken about 20-30 of those soft kicks.

The question is if he can land them without eating a counter.

He really hasn't in his last few fights. He broke his foot against KZ and was cautious because of the threat of takedown against Lamas and Mendes, so he didn't throw as many leg kicks as say against Faber.

Not that much nowadays.

He's more of a boxer now, he doesn't rely on his kicking game as much. He still throws them when the opponent backs up, i.e. Lamas.

He threw as many against Lamas as he did against Faber. It has to do with whom he is matched up against and where he sees his advantages.

The combo you are mentioning usually is not his power leg kick. I am referring here to his power leg kicks. His combo kicks are not as deadly as his power kicks but you cannot hurt McGregor with soft or setup kicks.

You are wrong but thats ok.

very poor analysis, TS. but i will give you a chance at redemption. what do you think about what Jack Slack says here?
Even in a long stance, you're just a slight turn of the leg away from checking an inside low kick—McGregor ended an early fight like this, and Max Holloway broke his foot early on by attempting the same thing. The exact same thing happened in Cyborg versus Nick Diaz. See the long stance, think 'low kicks', then punt his shin ineffectually until you are forced to give up.

No it is the outside low kick that troubles men with stances like McGregor's. On the few instances he eats them, he loses his balance just as Nate Diaz did against Benson Henderson and Rafael Dos Anjos. From the narrow stance that McGregor uses to facilitate springing in and out, and turning for kicks, checking the outside low kick is a large movement away, and the effects of the kick result in a loss of balance. You could see the exact same thing happening to Conor McGregor's teammate who also works from this narrow stance, Patrick Holohan.

Aldo not being able to implement his low kicks will increase drastically the chances that he gets ko'd? Seriously?

Have people watched an Aldo fight without Conor bias?

Aldo has great boxing and footwork, probably one of the best in the division, , he is more of a reactionary counter fighter that's why he doesn't move as much, and lets guys stand in front of him.

Conor it's a bad matchup for Aldo, that doesn't mean Conor will just be able to easily neutralize Aldo's game and KO him. It's insane.

I have so much respect for Aldo. I watched every of his game. But you cannot defeat him by decision nor submission. You can only knock him out. Among the current roster, there's nobody who can knock him out outside of McG. Mendes has able to knock him off or stagger but cannot finish.

He really hasn't in his last few fights. He broke his foot against KZ and was cautious because of the threat of takedown against Lamas and Mendes, so he didn't throw as many leg kicks as say against Faber.

He threw a SHIT ton against Lamas.

He threw as many against Lamas as he did against Faber. It has to do with whom he is matched up against and where he sees his advantages.

True, but he's WAY better boxer now than he was before, and if he can't impelment his leg kicks/brokes his foot, he can/will give troubles to Conor.

Conor is so used to being the bully in the fight and he's getting more and more agressive these days. It's perfect for Aldo, Aldo isn't as good leading than he is countering. Conor thinks he can eat a shot and land of his own and that Aldo is going to be scared shitless of his power. Conor probably isn't that stupid and should make changes ASAP to be the counter fighter he was.

The point is leg kicks or not McGregor is going to face a striker that is WAY better than he has ever faced, and even better than him. Don't buy in the "too basic" stuff that Conor says. (not directed at you Miles though)

Wow, TS. You're comparing Aldo's movement and striking to Dennis Siver's? That's as dumb as that one kid who said McG's TDD is otherwordly because Siver couldn't take him down. Aldo is going to chew up McG's legs with kicks and light up his face with punches. McG has never faced anyone of Aldo's calibre. He hasn't even faced any of the top 5 guys. Poirier was top 5 only because KZ was out of action. And KZ wiped the floor with Poirier.

Not if MCGOAT checks them, he could break Aldo's foot like he broke Holloway's! :p

He threw a SHIT ton against Lamas.

Yeah, the total was about 5 less in the Lamas fight than the Faber fight.

Aldo has never been ONLY kicks. He is a guy that uses them when he seems them to be an advantage. But Hominick and Mendes II are where he seemed to abandon them for varying reasons.

The question is if he can land them without eating a counter.

It`s hard to counter a guy who is landing a combo at you so fast, we saw Jose doing it with every kind of fighters. The first thing you gonna do is walking back, because if you stay it`s possible that you might land a counter but its much more possible that Aldo will land something that will really hurt you.

On my little knowledge fighters being combo-ed by Aldo will be on the back foot, so they can defend or avoid being hit hard in the head and that is the time that Aldo will land those freak low kicks.

We have seen from Aldo's previous fights that his right leg is the source of his successful ultimate leg kicks which works impressive against orthodox fighters. And this is also the reason why he has able to control the distance, as suggested by his previous challengers.

With McGregor it's different. Not only that he switches stance regularly, but his standard stance is southpaw. This is also how he controls distance as seen against the Siver fight. Normally, Siver is very good in cutting distances but it didn't work well against McGregor. Aldo will have to switch his stance regularly as well if he wants to implement his leg kicks or stay with his base stance and go for the inside leg kick. But that is dangerous for him because he will be vulnerable to McGregor's strongest weapon which is his left straight.

This means that Aldo will have to resort to other skills such as his wrestling and grappling. Of course, he possesses a variety of skill sets but we know that his striking was only effective whenever he starts controlling the distance. Aldo's last performance is at sub-par to his usual self. Should he fight the same, I doubt if he can survive the punching power of McGregor once his fist landed or even with his back heel kick.

I'm sorry, but I must say that this entire post is nothing short of pure fight fan ignorance.

First of all, you are speaking as if Aldo is a one trick pony which I can guarantee you he is not. Are you even aware that he is also a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Black Belt AND champion?? Aldo's skill set is bigger, better and more battle tested than McGregor's.

Secondly, Aldo DOES NOT have to change his stance to use his right leg round kick. The inside of McGregor's right leg would do just fine. The Inside Thigh Kick or Uchi Momo Geri (内もも 蹴り) is one of the most underrated weapons in the kickboxer's arsenal. Since the inside of the thigh is more sensitive as compared to the exterior, driving the hard bones of the legs into it inflicts greater damage as compared to a conventional low kick. Inside kicks also have the added effect of 'opening-up' the opponent's legs, thus upsetting his overall stance.

And if you are in even the slightest doubt about this see for yourself how damaging it is as we see Nicu Dascalu DESTROY the inside of Mohamed Kodad's lead leg with the kick that I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84359240&x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=ZEikmolCvvk

Yeah, the total was about 5 less in the Lamas fight than the Faber fight.

Aldo has never been ONLY kicks. He is a guy that uses them when he seems them to be an advantage. But Hominick and Mendes II are where he seemed to abandon them for varying reasons.

He actually landed quite a few against Hominick.

Aldo uses leg kicks when it makes sense to use them. That's what makes him great, but he still features them heavily in many of his fights. TS' analysis is weird and spotty, but his point is correct. I don't expect to see Aldo have much success with the rear leg kick to the inside of McGregor's thigh.

I'm sorry, but I must say that this entire post is nothing short of pure fight fan ignorance.

First of all, you are speaking as if Aldo is a one trick pony which I can guarantee you he is not. Are you even aware that he is also a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Black Belt AND champion?? Aldo's skill set is bigger, better and more battle tested than McGregor's.

Secondly, Aldo DOES NOT have to change his stance to use his right leg round kick. The inside of McGregor's right leg would do just fine. The Inside Thigh Kick or Uchi Momo Geri (内もも 蹴り) is one of the most underrated weapons in the kickboxer's arsenal. Since the inside of the thigh is more sensitive as compared to the exterior, driving the hard bones of the legs into it inflicts greater damage as compared to a conventional low kick. Inside kicks also have the added effect of 'opening-up' the opponent's legs, thus upsetting his overall stance.

And if you are in even the slightest doubt about this see for yourself how damaging it is as we see Nicu Dascalu DESTROY the inside of Mohamed Kodad's lead leg with the kick that I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84359240&x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=ZEikmolCvvk

And you are talking as if Aldo is god who cannot be defeated.
Sure, McG has not face a fight of Aldo's caliber but Aldo has not face a fighter who can knock him out with a single strike. That's the only quality one fighter needs to dispatch Aldo's reign.

He actually landed quite a few against Hominick.

Aldo uses leg kicks when it makes sense to use them. That's what makes him great, but he still features them heavily in many of his fights. TS' analysis is weird and spotty, but his point is correct. I don't expect to see Aldo have much success with the rear leg kick to the inside of McGregor's thigh.

But if Aldo manage to put Conor at his back foot doing a combo, don`t you think that his stance (Conor) might change and Aldo be able to land a hard kick on his left leg ?

True, but he's WAY better boxer now than he was before, and if he can't impelment his leg kicks/brokes his foot, he can/will give troubles to Conor.

Conor is so used to being the bully in the fight and he's getting more and more agressive these days. It's perfect for Aldo, Aldo isn't as good leading than he is countering. Conor thinks he can eat a shot and land of his own and that Aldo is going to be scared shitless of his power. Conor probably isn't that stupid and should make changes ASAP to be the counter fighter he was.

The point is leg kicks or not McGregor is going to face a striker that is WAY better than he has ever faced, and even better than him. Don't buy in the "too basic" stuff that Conor says. (not directed at you Miles though)

agree

Back