Aldo's gas tank will be his undoing in the Edgar fight!

Not really a BJ fan but thanks though.

Edgar is the most over appreciated and overrated fighter on Sherdog. Get over that.

The Diaz brothers hold that title, for the moment anyway. I'm sure their bandwagons will be struggling for riders when Nick gets tooled.

Speaking of GSP, is he a point fighter too? Just curious on your definition.

Benson is a tougher fighter for many other fighters, but not Frankie. Frankie's style makes Aldo his kryptonite.

Really? in what respect then? I see nothing Aldo has that Benson didn't have but perhaps more power in his punches.

Speaking of GSP, is he a point fighter too? Just curious on your definition.

GSP to me is a safe fighter. I'm not a fan of his but GSP doesn't score points just to score points, he actually throws punches with bad intentions and works on the ground to improve position. Yes, he does things to score points, but he does more than that.

Edgar has admitted himself he wants to impress the judges. He dances in and out, lands his 1-2s and occasionally throws in a takedown that he immediately backs off of. He never tries to work on the ground, he backs off and lets his opponent up so he can go back to his 1-2s. Also, without fail, he will spam takedowns the last 30 seconds of every round.

I respect Edgar's heart and toughness, he is certainly a hard worker and good fighter, but his attitude about fights and his style in the ring makes me figuratively ill.

IMO Benson is a tougher fight than Aldo. Bigger, stronger, better base, much more cardio, and just as devastating kicks.

Not even close. Bendo slams with power more then anything, Aldo uses his leg like a whip almost, generating even more force and torque.

Really? in what respect then? I see nothing Aldo has that Benson didn't have but perhaps more power in his punches.

Ben's standup is average at best. He has good and powerful kicks but he rarely throws them with good combos.

Aldo is significantly faster and throws much better combos while possessing superior head movement. Edgar can move in and out without much fear of guys like Maynard (even though Maynard beat him down for two rounds) and Henderson, but Aldo has the speed to catch Edgar with many points of attack.

Ben's kicks may be more devastating power wise, but Aldo's come amidst combos and quicker than Ben's do.

I believe Edgar has one way of winning this fight and that is via decision, which is highly unlikely even if Aldo gasses. If Aldo doesn't finish him in the first two rounds, I think Aldo's gas tank will still be good enough to last him into the third and fourth rounds. Edgar will have to steal some of the early rounds and I just don't see that happening.

I think Aldo tko's him inside of two rounds.

Ben's standup is average at best. He has good and powerful kicks but he rarely throws them with good combos.

Aldo is significantly faster and throws much better combos while possessing superior head movement. Edgar can move in and out without much fear of guys like Maynard (even though Maynard beat him down for two rounds) and Henderson, but Aldo has the speed to catch Edgar with many points of attack.

Ben's kicks may be more devastating power wise, but Aldo's come amidst combos and quicker than Ben's do.

I believe Edgar has one way of winning this fight and that is via decision, which is highly unlikely even if Aldo gasses. If Aldo doesn't finish him in the first two rounds, I think Aldo's gas tank will still be good enough to last him into the third and fourth rounds. Edgar will have to steal some of the early rounds and I just don't see that happening.

Aldo also has very high fight iq, scary reflexes and anderson silva esque timing.

Edgar is a running midget that should be working his way up the ranking.

Fortunately for him we're living in the cryers era,and,boy,that midget can cry.

Frankie Edgar 2014 flyweight contender!

Hopefully Edgar gets a rematch if he wins or loses. I'll be rooting for Edgar and I'm thinking he definetely has the skills to beat Aldo.

Frankie Edgar via superior cardio during championship rounds.

Edgar will still have to win one or two of the early rounds for this to be possible. Do you think Edgar is going to win three rounds against Aldo? Even so, superior cardio doesn't automatically equate to winning rounds.

Edgar will still have to win one or two of the early rounds for this to be possible. Do you think Edgar is going to win three rounds against Aldo? Even so, superior cardio doesn't automatically equate to winning rounds.

I think Frankie is capable of winning every round, especially the championship rounds. The fighter with superior cardio during the championship rounds almost always wins those rounds. If Aldo gasses Edgar will take his belt. Frankies taking the belt back to Toms River, NJ.

I think you are overrating Aldo big time. Sure Aldo looked good, but against much lesser opposition than what Edgar has faced so far.
Not sure Aldo would still be undefeated and look so crisp if he had fought Maynard, Penn and Bendo.

I think you are overrating Aldo big time. Sure Aldo looked good, but against much lesser opposition than what Edgar has faced so far.
Not sure Aldo would still be undefeated and look so crisp if he had fought Maynard, Penn and Bendo.

Hominick's stand up is far superior to Maynard's and Henderson's. Mendes' wrestling is as good as anyone in the lw division.

I do think that Ben would present problems for Aldo but I believe Aldo would handle Maynard without much of a problem. Aldo vs Penn is another story altogether. Aldo would maul the Penn of today, but a few years ago it would have been a great fight.

I think you are understating the quality of Aldo's opponents. Are they that much worse than Edgar's? Let's not act like lw is the big leagues and fw is the minors. LW is certainly deeper, but it's not leagues above fw.

Back