Aldo's gas tank will be his undoing in the Edgar fight!

If Edgar thought Bendo's kicks hurt he's in for a rude awakening if he try's to catch even one that Aldo throws, if Edgar just stands there eating legkicks (like he did with Bendo) he'll be stationary by the third round.

Aldo kicked Faber's legs to shit before the third round was over, four and five you could see he was taking it easy on Urijah cuz he felt bad for him. And at that point Faber's wasn't a threat anymore.

Is that why he also let Hominck dominate round 5? He felt bad for making his forehead misshapen? It's more likely that he didn't want to waste the energy required to throw heavy kicks in the later rounds because he knew he was far ahead on points. I see him having trouble with Frankie because, let's be honest, he was a natural LW fighting guys who could be making WW for a while now. He is stronger than most FW and can push the pace for all five rounds. Aldo has to win by TKO, because a decision fight will be close for either of them, and I don't want to see Edgar vs Aldo II.

Is that why he also let Hominck dominate round 5? He felt bad for making his forehead misshapen? It's more likely that he didn't want to waste the energy required to throw heavy kicks in the later rounds because he knew he was far ahead on points. I see him having trouble with Frankie because, let's be honest, he was a natural LW fighting guys who could be making WW for a while now. He is stronger than most FW and can push the pace for all five rounds. Aldo has to win by TKO, because a decision fight will be close for either of them, and I don't want to see Edgar vs Aldo II.

You can see him hesitating throwing them when Faber is just standing there completly stationary barely being able to stand, so no. Hominick didnt "dominate" anything in round 5, he was stuck in Aldo's fullguard, where Aldo controlled his wrists for most of it.

Aldo was also on antibiotics battling staph for a substantial period that fightcamp for the Hominick fight, and he still gave Hominick the worst beating he's recieved in his life, and made him look foolish in the standup when Hominick was flailing his arms hitting nothing but air as Aldo slipped like 90% of the punches thrown.

Plekz: I think he had more to do with Aldo coming out in the first round throwing 90 % round house kicks, and him dropping Hominick and spending a lot of energy trying to finish several times. If he paces himself like Frank does, he's fine for 5 rounds.

Plekz: I think he had more to do with Aldo coming out in the first round throwing 90 % round house kicks, and him dropping Hominick and spending a lot of energy trying to finish several times. If he paces himself like Frank does, he's fine for 5 rounds.

He had one of the worst weightcuts i have ever seen for that fight, there used to be footage of it on youtube, unless he goes through one of those again i have zero fears for Aldo's cardio in a 5 round fight.

I agree about the part of dictating the pace, Frankie will push Aldo like he's never been pushed before. I don't think Aldo can keep it up, I see Edgar winning a hard-fought decision.

He had one of the worst weightcuts i have ever seen for that fight, there used to be footage of it on youtube, unless he goes through one of those again i have zero fears for Aldo's cardio in a 5 round fight.

How many weight cuts have you seen?

How many weight cuts have you seen?

Plenty, and the methods used in the Aldo one was extreme, usually when "bad cuts" are thrown around it might seem as a copout but the staph part is very well documented as is the antibiotics part, and like i said they even had footage of the cut up on youtube. (might still be there)

He even cut almost 7 pounds (on the day of weighins) using weightloss cream coupled with a hotbath, it basicly feels like your skin is peeling off your body, or bathing in a tub of acid.

ufc129_11_aldo_vs_hominick_007_display_image.jpg

Aldo can only win by finish. Mark isn't anywhere near the level of Aldo but was able to hurt him because Aldo just simply cannot be pushed.

If Jose doesn't dictate the pace (like he did against Faber) or get a flash KO (like he did against Mendes) he's in trouble.

yea i pretty much have ethe same analysis fo the fight - i think the most likely is aldo clips him and finishes, but frankie winning by cardio in decision or late stoppage is a near second

All I know is I'll thoroughly enjoy watching Aldo employ a leg kick heavy gameplan and Edgar simply catching them for takedowns one after another.

49-46 Edgar.

Your predicted outcome is highly unlikely, but at least you recognize that Edgar is a pure point fighter, unlike his other fans.

How do you figure. Hominick was able to with ease.

Edgar doesn't ever try and hold someone down any more; he scored his takedown points and then backs off typically. Also, Hominick didn't so much hold Aldo down as Aldo didn't try and get up. He locked up Hominick's wrists and coasted until the end.

Weight cutting has been an issue Jose has dealt with numerous times with mixed results. more interested to see how Edgar handles the cut, even if it isn't much of one. I don't hink Edgar has eve been hit by as strong a striker as Aldo. Maynard is a strong guy, but a wrestler. I think if Edgar ate those same shots from Aldo, he would have been out cold. If it goes past 3 rounds, I think Edgar takes it, but I pick aldo by ko/tko inside of 3

IMO Benson is a tougher fight than Aldo. Bigger, stronger, better base, much more cardio, and just as devastating kicks.

I'll take Frankie by close decision.

IMO Benson is a tougher fight than Aldo. Bigger, stronger, better base, much more cardio, and just as devastating kicks.

Benson is a tougher fighter for many other fighters, but not Frankie. Frankie's style makes Aldo his kryptonite.

Back