Aldo will knock out Petr Yan to be the BW champ.

it's not always who you beat, but how you beat them...he absolutely demolished faber. I think yan will end up stopping aldo in probably the 3rd or 4th round...aldo seems to gas in the 3rd though...

So what? Rivera made Faber look like he didn't even belong at the UFC level anymore and retired him. That was three years before Yan fought him.

It's pretty tough to pick Aldo. He's got toughness and experience on his side, but he's on a 2 fight skid and he's 0-1 at BW coming in against a younger and probably faster guy.

You're responding to me with that and not posting a screenshot of your bet on Aldo? Pussy

Because I'm not going around saying I'm going to shame posters that might be wrong about their pick. You are. So I'm just curious, are you putting your money where your mouth is? Or will it be 'haha I was right, you were wrong" if you win, and nothing happening if you lose? Seems like that's the pussy thing to do mate.

I really don't know... Aldo has a high level boxing but Yan is better, hunger and younger. Aldo doesn't use more leg kicks... I mean, Yan never faced someone like Aldo, ok, but I think he is ready for it whereas Aldo is not the same anymore...

So... Yan by decision.

Last edited:
Based on what? Sterling has a much better record and had a better performance against their one common opponent.

I'm convinced that the people crapping on Sterling like this haven't seen any of his fights since he got KO'd.

It's a bad joke that Yan is in this fight above Moraes or Sterling.
i am not craping on sterling, he is good, but at as good as yan. we will see them fight anyway

After Aldo wins this belt I hope he goes back to 145lbs. I think he wins but still don't like this big weight cut for him.

Aldo is fragile at bantamweight, Moraes tossed him on the floor like a kid. But i do believe it will be a competitive fight and lets see what Yan can bring against him

Would be a great way to cap off an already hall of fame worthy career. Wouldn't mind seeing him pull it off even though the circumstances of the match are pretty weird.

I like Aldo, but I just dont see him winning.

You heard it here first. Aldo is a better fighter. Still in good shape. Aldo by KO in round 4.
The Aldo fan in me want's to see this so badly. The fight fan in me thinks Yan will win a decision.

Aldo would need the best fight he's got left, or fluke, to accomplish that, imo.
I look for Yan to finish him in 3.
Yan looks real good lately yet with lots of ceiling room left

So what? Rivera made Faber look like he didn't even belong at the UFC level anymore and retired him. That was three years before Yan fought him.

big difference....rivera won a decision, while yan ko'd faber dead....

You heard it here first. Aldo is a better fighter. Still in good shape. Aldo by KO in round 4.
It's insane how much of an underdog Aldo is coming into this fight. The guy made a career stuffing takedowns from the best wrestlers and making them pay for failed attempts, then battering their legs. He's also got some pretty damn impressive and recent wins against real nasty strikers. I really like your prediction, although I'm hesitant to agree. I think Yan is a serious top dog at 135, but I thought similarly of Moicano at 145, who was on an absolute tear before losing to Aldo.

Whoever wins, this is such a great fight between two absolutely top of the line athletes...Aldo is far from done, and Petr Yan is an absolute phenom of well-roundedness. Damn this is an exciting one!

It's insane how much of an underdog Aldo is coming into this fight. The guy made a career stuffing takedowns from the best wrestlers and making them pay for failed attempts, then battering their legs. He's also got some pretty damn impressive and recent wins against real nasty strikers. I really like your prediction, although I'm hesitant to agree. I think Yan is a serious top dog at 135, but I thought similarly of Moicano at 145, who was on an absolute tear before losing to Aldo.

Whoever wins, this is such a great fight between two absolutely top of the line athletes...Aldo is far from done, and Petr Yan is an absolute phenom of well-roundedness. Damn this is an exciting one!
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on betting Aldo.

Might throw a hundred or 2 on the guy. Its such a shaky bet, it purely depends on what Aldo's condition is going into the fight, if he can turn back time, it will be night night for Yan.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on betting Aldo.

Might throw a hundred or 2 on the guy. Its such a shaky bet, it purely depends on what Aldo's condition is going into the fight, if he can turn back time, it will be night night for Yan.
Not a bad bet, mate. I think Yan's durability will be tested in this fight, while we know for a fact that Aldo is as durable as they come. It's 5 round fight...Very, very intriguing matchup...it is a tossup for sure! Best of luck if you decide to make the move!

Fair point.

One thing that really stands out about 135 is how many incredibly well rounded guys fight in that weight class, and who are just as good on the feet as they are in the wrestling department. Dillashaw, Faber, Jimmy Rivera, Sterling, Cruz, Edgar...I mean, really, what a stacked division. And has made a career fighting such guys and has found great success doing so, even though that was at 145 (including Faber and Edgar)...Aldo stuffs their takedowns, makes them pay for failed attempts, batters their legs, and beats them on the feet.

Petr Yan really fits that "blueprint" of well roundedness that these elite 135ers bring to the table, and even brings it to yet another level, as evidenced in his wins against some of the aforementioned guys.

So my point is, I don't see how Petr Yan is unfamiliar territory for Aldo, although anyone with a right mind will have to admit that he's a huge challenge and a handful for anybody at 135.

Also, I think Aldo has much more left in the tank than most people think. What a great fight we got there...

Back