Aldo will knock out Petr Yan to be the BW champ.

wins are not relevant in the presented case, doh

if jones fights charlie sheen in 2020, and mickey gall beats condit , you will say mickey is better than jones?

Terrible Analogy. Jon Jones has been champ for a decade.

Yan has beat a lot of nobodies. Very padded record to a title shot.

lol this fight Purely comes down to how worn out Aldo is at this point in his career.

If Aldo comes in and has a performance that turns back time he starches Yan

All of y'all don't be surprised when Aldo can punch w/ Yan boys

I had a dream over the weekend that Aldo ko'ed him in the 1st. I immediately woke up because I knew I must be dreaming for that miracle to happen.

Loaded question. He hasn't lost in the UFC obviously. I think he looks like a killer. But at the same time there is legitimate questions.

The questions revolve around him not fighting a single elite fighter yet. His best wins are Dodson/Rivera/Faber. Three solid guys, two are washed to varying degrees, all 3 are actually sneaky old as balls for the division.

Aldo probably beat Moraes and got robbed of a decision. At least we know he's still right there with the elites based on that, and obviously was at 145. I think that's the only question really is the level of competition Yan has faced. He's nearly undefeated, avenged his only lost, never lost in the UFC. But has he ever beat a top 5 guy? No.
He hasnt faced a top 5 guy yet, so I guess Aldo will be his true test. No idea how it will go,but Aldo really deserves it as he is a great fighter.

This is like the 6th "Aldo is winning" thread I've bookmarked to shame the OP after Yan wins. Looking forward to it
You betting on the fight and putting your money where your mouth is?

Titles don’t mean much anymore. UFC likes to paint narratives and give accolades. He Flat out doesn’t deserve the shot, even if he he is one of the 6-7 best fighters in history. Marlon edged him in a close-ish fight and he should have to earn it.

Maybe. Yan is pretty overrated here. Getting a title shot by beating grandpa Faber.

it's not always who you beat, but how you beat them...he absolutely demolished faber. I think yan will end up stopping aldo in probably the 3rd or 4th round...aldo seems to gas in the 3rd though...

Wow, from all the qoutes exposing TS as the Nam Pham of sherdog forums. everything he predicts, the opposite happens.

Terrible Analogy. Jon Jones has been champ for a decade.

Yan has beat a lot of nobodies. Very padded record to a title shot.
Yan's wins over Jimmie and Dodson are good, not nobodies. Plus he has never looked vulnerable his whole career.
His record is not padded. he climbed the latter in the most common way for a fighter with no fan base.
And has looked impressive.

Anyway, agree with the guy that said, Aldo is entering bj peen crying in the conference territory.

I like Yan very much, much I have a bad feeling regarding that fight.
I hope I'm wrong.
Aldo is a dangerous opponent to anyone.

Damn. Didn't realize his skid was that bad...He has been fighting the best and he looked good against Moraes in his last fight though. I thought he won. I HOPE he still has it and takes out Yan. Not making any predictions tho.
when a guy is fighting the absolute best guys in the world, all it takes is a tiny step down in your game to go on a loss streak. I wasn't personally happy that the ufc was giving him moraes but imo he should have got the nod. guy is a little over the hill but he is one of the goats so that doesn't mean that much.

Aldo needs to do more than just box. If not, he's toast.

That weightcut is brutal on Aldo. Imo he gets stopped.

maybe, but sterling is worse than yan.'
aldo - yan is interesting

Based on what? Sterling has a much better record and had a better performance against their one common opponent.

I'm convinced that the people crapping on Sterling like this haven't seen any of his fights since he got KO'd.

It's a bad joke that Yan is in this fight above Moraes or Sterling.

Aldo earned his title fight losing to Moraes and Volkanovski so

Neither guy should be in this fight.

This is one of the biggest farces in the recent history of the promotion.

I feel weird saying that because it's actually a compelling match up, and I'm looking forward to it, but it should not be for the title.

Back