Aldo wasn't scared of Pettis, but he's scared of McGregor?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Bryan teh Retar, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Bryan teh Retar

Bryan teh Retar Banned Banned

So after last night there's been a lot of back and forth between Aldo-GOAT fans. Some of my thoughts on it;

McGregor looked awesome last night; great striking and timing on his kicks and punches, great footwork, elusiveness, etc. Basically he showed us that he's a legit dangerous striker by toying with a very experienced German kickboxer on the feet, in a way nobody has ever done to him.

I have to say that I am concerned with his TDD. It looked like he was keeping his hips 'in' for too long and it seemed that a guy like Frankie would have no problems taking him down repeatedly.

Post-fight staredown was great too, but I disagree with people saying aldo is scared. Both aldo and his woman gave no fucks about the situation (his woman repeatedly shoving conors gf and sister). This guy kept clamouring for the Pettis fight, but he's afraid of Conor? Disagree there.

I am pumped for the fight though, even though I think it's a bit too soon for Conor. Every fight his technique, timing and accuracy look better and better, and he also keeps adding new weapons to his arsenal. IMO I would have prefered to see Aldo-Frankie 2 first (no idea who wins this one) while Conor gets some more fights in. But it's still going to be awesome!

2. GBcrazy

GBcrazy Brown Belt

Aldo-Frankie 1 wasn't even exciting, Idk why people want to see the rematch.

3. Bryan teh Retar

It was very exciting IMO, it was basically a superfight. Frankie just having 'lost' to Bendo (thanks karma) and Aldo being Aldo. It's an interesting clash of different, but elite, skillsets:
    Frankie has the boxing and the wrestling, the movement, the 'wrestler's heart'.
    aldo has the kickboxing and BJJ, speed, reflexes and athleticism.

I think if Frankie managed to get him down a few times, this could be a very interesting fight.

tldr: people like to see elite fighters fight eachother

4. Arn

Arn I Drive Platinum Member

Aldo avoided Pettis like the plague.

5. DOPEFIEND85

DOPEFIEND85 White Belt

I doubt someone at Aldo's level is going to be scared. Some people will interpret his refusal to meet McGregor in the octagon as fear but I'm sure its more a recognition that he can't win a war of words. Just not his style and he would get embarrassed trying it. But the fight itself is 50/50.

6. n0thinglasts

n0thinglasts Blue Belt

What? Pettis is the one who dropped out of their fights each time and changed his mind about fighting at Aldo's weight class LOL. Aldo still wanted to move up a weight class to destroy Pettis but Dana said that he would have to leave his belt which is ridiculous.

Also I hope anyone picking Mcgregor over Aldo would pick also pick Mcgregor to destroy pettis because Aldo is leagues ahead of Pettis in every single area of mma.

7. wlu29

wlu29 Banned Banned

nobody actually believes aldo is scared of McG

8. Bryan teh Retar

fixed that for ya

9. wlu29

wlu29 Banned Banned

they're just trolling

10. Bryan teh Retar

that's probably it lol. How do you see aldo-mcgregor going or aldo-frankie?

11. Moneymma

Moneymma Brown Belt

True. Pettis got "hurt" but fought ben less than a month after injury. But if any fighter can beat aldo standing it is pettis(conor has chanse as well). But im picking aldo over pettis and conor

12. kiakong25

kiakong25 Green Belt

McGregor should have to go through Frankie or Mendes first but what am I saying UFC is a business and the Connor business is booming

13. wlu29

wlu29 Banned Banned

i actually think it will be a good fight

i think mcg is pretty good

but i think aldo is better

14. Bryan teh Retar

I think at this point Aldo will be able to handle what McGregor brings. I must say though I got very nervous when McGregor was landing that high kick almost at will, and with very weird timing. He could certainly catch Aldo with one of those, especially when Aldo plants his feet and starts his combinations.

That's why I want McGregor to have some more fights first, I want to see these guys go to war at their very best.

15. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

Shelftime was the one that got out of that fight broheim.

16. BornPure87

BornPure87 Purple Belt

Where do you get off that Aldo's scared? Some mass hypnosis going on here.

17. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

At will because Siver kept leaning to the right. It was so obvious that Siver was only bobbing to one area. Conor began picking this up around the two minute mark of the first round.

18. Bryan teh Retar

Every Connor fight is going to be a high-profile fight. It could be a good thing letting this fight build up for a bit more, but yeah the downside is that if Connor loses they'll be fucked. I don't think he loses though, except maybe against Frankie or Mendes.

19. Bryan teh Retar

That's a good observation. It just surprised me that Connor started landing everything at will almost, Siver's still an experienced kickboxer and UFC fighter.
    I guess the high-kick makes me nervous because it reminded me of Dillashaw's against Barao, which was also landing at will.

20. jjjjjjjjjjohnny

jjjjjjjjjjohnny JDP is the CHAMP!

conner is aldo's chael.