Aldo vs Yan

Magomed Magomedov has like 2x the grappling of Sterling and he has a lot of trouble with Yan. Been telling people that Yan's grappling is good, and Sterling won't be able to do shit. Right on the money. If Yan really wanted he could dominate Sterling on the ground as well, he would have top position on Aljo in every round; but why do that when he can dissect him with boxing.

Aljo is like levels below Yan. Magomed as an example would beat Aljo as well.
That is exactly what I am trying to say to this @Gmork kid.

That is exactly what I am trying to say to this @Gmork kid.
I'm not a kid, and you're both idiots. LOL@ 2X the grappler Sterling is, Sterling is a high level wrestler (had an even match with an elite collegiate wrestler recently, which is insane for a 31 year-old MMA fighter that doesn't train solely wresting anymore) *and a high level BJJ black belt, and puts the two together in MMA better than anybody. In a straight grappling match he'd beat Yan every single time, and anyone arguing otherwise is a moron.

No, it is fucking impossible, and didn't just happen to Jan Blachowicz! Lmao, you are pathetic.

That is not his first time, he does it for years.
Source on Yan training wrestling in Degastan for years? Or are you just making up more stuff?

I think the jury was still out on Yan a little bit prior to this weekend, but if you couldn’t see the guy had immense potential you’re a fool.

Aldo won only one round on all three cards
Ecs2Aw9UcAA1fi7

And those judges are idiots.

Prime Aldo smokes Yan and I say this as someone who really enjoys Yan and thinks he's a killer. Keep telling everyone in this thread how they're wrong though and you're the only one who's right, lol.

Yan vs Aldo was a fascinating matchup since they're so similar to one another. Both deadly, fast strikers who stand quite flat footed but are usually very defensive minded. They're also some of the only guys in the UFC who check kicks. For where he's at in his career, Aldo did great. That's not a matchup he could ever win though, I'm still not convinced bantamweight was ever a good move for Aldo. Also, Aldo just loves his boxing too much and Yan is the flat out better boxer.

I'm not a kid, and you're both idiots. LOL@ 2X the grappler Sterling is, Sterling is a high level wrestler (had an even match with an elite collegiate wrestler recently, which is insane for a 31 year-old MMA fighter that doesn't train solely wresting anymore) *and a high level BJJ black belt, and puts the two together in MMA better than anybody. In a straight grappling match he'd beat Yan every single time, and anyone arguing otherwise is a moron.
Bwahaha. American wrestling is the most overrated thing in mma. We've seen what Maya did to Askren, who was positioned as probably the best wrestler in mma. Justin Gaethje, the D1 wrestler who was supposed to present a challenge for Khabib on the ground, was submitted in seconds after they hit the mat.
Dagestani wrestling is unmatched in mma. There are level to this shit!

Source on Yan training wrestling in Degastan for years? Or are you just making up more stuff?

Here is a 2017 link
https://iz.ru/news/685271
"
— Сложно сказать, какие я сейчас испытываю эмоции, — сказал «Известиям» Ян. — Я безумно рад завоеванию титула чемпиона, но пока что еще не осознаю этого. Вы видели, что в этом бою я показал сильную борьбу, а значит, мой двухмесячный тренировочный сбор в Дагестане дал отличный результат. Я с радостью проведу еще один бой с Магомедом Магомедовым — это достойнейший соперник. Чтобы быть лучшим, нужно сражаться с лучшими.
"
Hope you know how to use google translate. After that I want you to apologise and do your homework.

And those judges are idiots.

Prime Aldo smokes Yan and I say this as someone who really enjoys Yan and thinks he's a killer. Keep telling everyone in this thread how they're wrong though and you're the only one who's right, lol.
Aren't you telling me that you are right?
<JagsKiddingMe>
Judges are idiots and you are the smart.

Aren't you telling me that you are right?
<JagsKiddingMe>
Judges are idiots and you are the smart.

Judges typically make mistakes. Almost anyone will tell you that regardless of your opinion on this fight.

I look forward to your next 36 posts about why Yan wouldn't lose that fight no matter when it happens despite others telling you otherwise. Keep at it man.

Alot of people ended up shitting on this win at the time, even calling Yan the paper champ for it, pretty funny in hindsight. After seeing Sterlings fight, how would you rate Aldo's performance against Yan?
In retrospect it makes Aldo look pretty good, however he still in no way shape or form deserved that title shot.

Aldo looked very good in the first rounds but then he gassed as he has the cardio of a 40 year old now. Yan is good but prime Aldo was a complete different level
He gassed against Edgar and Hominick. Prime aldo gasses against the pace of Petr Yan also

Aldo is a much better fighter than Sterling. Yan obviously knew that as well, he did train with Aldo in Brazil back in 2016 I believe, and always respected his skillset, especially his boxing and his kicks. Sterling's grappling, just like I said before is low level compared to the Dagestani wrestlers that Yan is training with. Sterling's striking is pitter-patter punches and Yan is a tough dude with a great chin.

Stylistically Aldo is a much tougher matchup and Sandhagen is also stylistically a tougher matchup for Yan than Sterling was.

Just sucks that we have to deal with this fake clown champ Aljamain until Yan tools with him in the rematch.
TRUTH.

Bwahaha. American wrestling is the most overrated thing in mma. We've seen what Maya did to Askren, who was positioned as probably the best wrestler in mma. Justin Gaethje, the D1 wrestler who was supposed to present a challenge for Khabib on the ground, was submitted in seconds after they hit the mat.
Dagestani wrestling is unmatched in mma. There are level to this shit!
American wrestling is the best base for mixed martial arts, and while Dagestan is great at it, it's laughable to call them superior. In straight-up takedown rules or folkstyle, Americans beat any other country in the world in wrestling. Askren was passed his prime and had a bad hip, terrible example. Gaethje was a good (not great) collegiate wrestler, but in a decade as a fighter had clearly de-emphasized his wrestling game. All of that is not to mention that Khabib is simply the best MMA grappler in the world, regardless of background. You're a fool if you think all of those guys could just run over all of America's top wrestlers.

Didn't know Yan had done a Degastani camp ahead of the second Mag fight, it does seem like he likes to do that before fighting wrestlers. That's smart. Still don't see him suddenly transforming into a ground and pounder. If I'm wrong I'll gladly eat crown on this, but a Petr/Cory fight will be largely decided on the feet.

He gassed against Edgar and Hominick. Prime aldo gasses against the pace of Petr Yan also
Or knocks him out before that. Or busts up his legs so badly he survives a late fight slowdown. You also neglect to mention he won both of those example fights, as he beat *everybody* in his prime. It's very silly to assume that's some easy call for Yan.

The Sterling fight showed even a washed up Aldo well past his purime is still one of the best P4P fighters in the world. Fight was 2-2 with Yan before he got stopped in the 5th

Or knocks him out before that. Or busts up his legs so badly he survives a late fight slowdown. You also neglect to mention he won both of those example fights, as he beat *everybody* in his prime. It's very silly to assume that's some easy call for Yan.
Not easy victory. Just victory.

Back