Aldo vs Yan

Never heard of ground and pound? Watch the Aldo fight.
Punching a guy who's been knocked down and is turtling up is not ground and pound. Are you suggesting Yan is going to have a ground and pound strategy against Cory? Even if he tried (he won't,) he doesn't have the grappling chops to keep him there, Cory is very hard to keep down.

Punching a guy who's been knocked down and is turtling up is not ground and pound. Are you suggesting Yan is going to have a ground and pound strategy against Cory?
He can do it all, he is adaptable. Yan took Aljo's back a couple of times and we've seen what Aljo did to Cory.

He can do it all, he is adaptable. Yan took Aljo's back a couple of times and we've seen what Aljo did to Cory.
Completely different situations. Yan is not going to turn into a ground and pounder, and he does not have the chops to keep Cory down. This conversation is only convincing me that Yan fans are worried about Sandhagen, which is logical.

Completely different situations. Yan is not going to turn into a ground and pounder, and he does not have the chops to keep Cory down. This conversation is only convincing me that Yan fans are worried about Sandhagen, which is logical.
Lol, he kept Magomedov down.
You just convinced me that Cory fans are delusional, despite their boy clearly losing ground games.

You just convinced me that Cory fans are delusional, despite their boy clearly losing ground games.
He literally lost one position and got choked out by the best MMA grappler in his division in the world. That's not exactly indicative of his ability. Everyone has wanted to keep him down his whole career and he generally forces grappling exchanges, threatens kimuras, creates scrambles and gets back to his feet. The idea that Yan is going to transform into some kind of ground and pound grappler to beat him is just weird.

Just rewatched it. He doesn't hold any kind of top position in that fight until the 4th round, when Magomedov gas himself out trying to finish a guillotine. He still managed to scramble up and get back to the feet eventually. He also out-wrestled and out-scrambled Yan in several places there early on.

He literally lost one position and got choked out by the best MMA grappler in his division in the world. That's not exactly indicative of his ability. Everyone has wanted to keep him down his whole career and he generally forces grappling exchanges, threatens kimuras, creates scrambles and gets back to his feet. The idea that Yan is going to transform into some kind of ground and pound grappler to beat him is just weird.
Weird?! That what people said before the Adesanya - Blachowicz fight.
Just rewatched it. He doesn't hold any kind of top position in that fight until the 4th round, when Magomedov gas himself out trying to finish a guillotine. He still managed to scramble up and get back to the feet eventually. He also out-wrestled and out-scrambled Yan in several places there early on.
Again, Magomedov is light years above Cory.

Weird?! That what people said before the Adesanya - Blachowicz fight.

Again, Magomedov is light years above Cory.
He's a wrestler, Cory is a striker that uses scrambles and attacks to stand back up, two completely different types of fighter. And Yan didn't out-wrestle Magomedov as you suggested, so it's just a really stupid point and example.

He's a wrestler, Cory is a striker that uses scrambles and attacks to stand back up, two completely different types of fighter. And Yan didn't out-wrestle Magomedov as you suggested, so it's just a really stupid point and example.
As stupid as saying that there is no chance for the UFC champion to incorporate grapling against a guy with holes in his ground game? Haha.

As stupid as saying that there is no chance for the UFC champion to incorporate grapling against a guy with holes in his ground game? Haha.

No, significantly more stupid, since you were just making shit up.

A UFC champion who's a striker with a boxing and muay thai background who's never tried to be a ground and pound fighter in his entire career? Haha.

If guys like Assuncao can't keep Cory down it'll be a tall order for a guy like Yan who doesn't fight that way. Also Cory's one, quick loss to Sterling doesn't mean he sucks at grappling, he got caught by a high-level MMA submission grappler. Yan ain't that.

No, significantly more stupid, since you were just making shit up.

A UFC champion who's a striker with a boxing and muay thai background who's never tried to be a ground and pound fighter in his entire career? Haha.

If guys like Assuncao can't keep Cory down it'll be a tall order for a guy like Yan who doesn't fight that way. Also Cory's one, quick loss to Sterling doesn't mean he sucks at grappling, he got caught by a high-level MMA submission grappler. Yan ain't that.
Lmao, you are the one who is making the shit up. Yan is training with Dagestanis. Olympic level stuff!

All I've seen is Cory getting submitted easily and Yan beating the shit out of Aljo and his wrestling.
Everything else is just your imagination.

Aldo did very well but his cardio is even worse than before. No doubt a prime Aldo would have won this
The problem with Yan was that the longer the fight went on, the better he fights, this happened in almost all of his fights.

And that counter-wrestling that he has in Sterling fight is just a cherry on top, I think he learned everything enough and quickly.

Lmao, you are the one who is making the shit up. Yan is training with Dagestanis. Olympic level stuff!
All I've seen is Cory getting submitted easily and Yan beating the shit out of Aljo and his wrestling.
Everything else is just your imagination.
He's training with the Dagestanis to develop his wrestling defense against guys like Aljo, he's not trying to turn into a ground and pound wrestler and it certainly doesn't make him "Olympic level." Talk about imagination, you just keep making shit up.

Nice MMAth, though. It's impressive that a guy can be an MMA fan since 05 can still be such a noob.

The problem with Yan was that the longer the fight went on, the better he fights, this happened in almost all of his fights.

And that counter-wrestling that he has in Sterling fight is just a cherry on top, I think he learned everything enough and quickly.
Well, Aldo used to beat up Yan in sparring on a regular basis. So it's not totally off-base to think that he would've beaten Yan in his prime. Aldo is *way* past it these days and was one of the greatest ever in his heyday. Yan has a long, long way to go before he can be mentioned among those ranks.

He's training with the Dagestanis to develop his wrestling defense against guys like Aljo, he's not trying to turn into a ground and pound wrestler
Lmao, did he told you so, or you just making the shit up, again?
Nice MMAth, though. It's impressive that a guy can be an MMA fan since 05 can still be such a noob.
Sounds like u getting mad? I am not surprised, kid.

Lmao, did he told you so, or you just making the shit up, again?

Sounds like u getting mad? I am not surprised, kid.
You think an elite striker is trying to change his whole style in the prime of his career just for the fuck of it? Seemed pretty apparent when he went to dagestan right after finding out he was fighting Aljo, did it not? Speculation, sure, but it seems pretty sound to me. You were literally making up stories about fights that didn't happen, predicting a fighting style that a 28 year-old fighter has never had, and talking about "Olympic level" stuff, then running straight to MMAth. I don't think you can stack any more Ls on that pile, bud.

Alot of people ended up shitting on this win at the time, even calling Yan the paper champ for it, pretty funny in hindsight. After seeing Sterlings fight, how would you rate Aldo's performance against Yan?
Aldo and CCC are the only guys that I think can beat Yan.

Unfortunately, Aldo is past his prime and CCC is not fighting anymore.

Perhaps if TJ has found a way to sneak in EPO again he could do it. But even then I doubt it.

Aldo and CCC are the only guys that I think can beat Yan.

Unfortunately, Aldo is past his prime and CCC is not fighting anymore.

Perhaps if TJ has found a way to sneak in EPO again he could do it. But even then I doubt it.
How do you figure Cejudo gets it done? Wrestling? Only guys I see with an honest shot (active) right now are TJ and Cory, because for all of Yan's strengths he's there to be hit quite a bit, so those kinds of versatile kickboxers are going to present problems.

He said he can controll him, not submit.
Here is Yan fighting a guy whos ground game light years above Sandhagen's.

Magomed Magomedov has like 2x the grappling of Sterling and he has a lot of trouble with Yan. Been telling people that Yan's grappling is good, and Sterling won't be able to do shit. Right on the money. If Yan really wanted he could dominate Sterling on the ground as well, he would have top position on Aljo in every round; but why do that when he can dissect him with boxing.

Aljo is like levels below Yan. Magomed as an example would beat Aljo as well.

You think an elite striker is trying to change his whole style in the prime of his career just for the fuck of it?
No, it is fucking impossible, and didn't just happen to Jan Blachowicz! Lmao, you are pathetic.
Seemed pretty apparent when he went to dagestan right after finding out he was fighting Aljo, did it not?
That is not his first time, he does it for years.
This is mma, kid. Fighters adapt. If a fighter can take someone with less ground knowledge he can do it. But no, that shit can't happen in you world.
<Huh2>

Back