Aldo vs Yan

SerbBerserk

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Alot of people ended up shitting on this win at the time, even calling Yan the paper champ for it, pretty funny in hindsight. After seeing Sterlings fight, how would you rate Aldo's performance against Yan?

Aldo is a much better fighter than Sterling. Yan obviously knew that as well, he did train with Aldo in Brazil back in 2016 I believe, and always respected his skillset, especially his boxing and his kicks. Sterling's grappling, just like I said before is low level compared to the Dagestani wrestlers that Yan is training with. Sterling's striking is pitter-patter punches and Yan is a tough dude with a great chin.

Stylistically Aldo is a much tougher matchup and Sandhagen is also stylistically a tougher matchup for Yan than Sterling was.

Just sucks that we have to deal with this fake clown champ Aljamain until Yan tools with him in the rematch.

Aldo is a much better fighter than Sterling. Yan obviously knew that as well, he did train with Aldo in Brazil back in 2016 I believe, and always respected his skillset, especially his boxing and his kicks. Sterling's grappling, just like I said before is low level compared to the Dagestani wrestlers that Yan is training with. Sterling's striking is pitter-patter punches and Yan is a tough dude with a great chin.

Stylistically Aldo is a much tougher matchup and Sandhagen is also stylistically a tougher matchup for Yan than Sterling was.

Just sucks that we have to deal with this fake clown champ Aljamain until Yan tools with him in the rematch.
Feel like Yan could handle Sandhagen on the ground with zero issues after seeing what he did to Sterling.

Feel like Yan could handle Sandhagen on the ground with zero issues after seeing what he did to Sterling.
Yes on the ground I think that also. But Sandhagen moves around a lot in his fights and Yan is more stationary. Yan would have to move a lot more because Sandhagen never really stays still. He's also a tall guy for the division and that might make it a bit harder to get close to him and really get a grip on him. I still think Yan beats him, but stylistically it's harder to grapple with someone that is trying to avoid it the best they can, than with someone like Sterling that constantly tried to grapple with Yan and got tripped easily every time pretty much.

Aldo looked very good in the first rounds but then he gassed as he has the cardio of a 40 year old now. Yan is good but prime Aldo was a complete different level
Yan doesn't push at all in first rounds, he is lurking, studying his opponents and later picks them apart. Aldo was always gassing in later rounds.

Alot of people ended up shitting on this win at the time, even calling Yan the paper champ for it, pretty funny in hindsight. After seeing Sterlings fight, how would you rate Aldo's performance against Yan?
How tf is that funny in hindsight? Aldo is 1-3 at 135 and 4-6 over the last half decade. It was a bullshit title fight.

LOL, what? You think he's gonna go out there and turn into a submission wrestler because he had some sweet Muay Thai sweeps against Aljo? That's a pretty ridiculous statement.

Yan vs Sandhagen would be a stand up fight. And Sandhagen is probably the most difficult match up for him out of every 135lber in the world.

But not as much as before. He was gassing in the second round against Chito recently.
Aldo won only one round on all three cards
Ecs2Aw9UcAA1fi7

LOL, what? You think he's gonna go out there and turn into a submission wrestler because he had some sweet Muay Thai sweeps against Aljo? That's a pretty ridiculous statement.

Yan vs Sandhagen would be a stand up fight. And Sandhagen is probably the most difficult match up for him out of every 135lber in the world.
He said he can controll him, not submit.
Here is Yan fighting a guy whos ground game light years above Sandhagen's.

Last edited:

Sterling welcomed the takedown. He wanted the fight on the mat and put up zero resistance.

Last edited:
Sterling was winning against Yan according to a judge. These guys don't mean shit
Lmao, you just said that Aldo looked good and gassed. And when I shown you the scorecards you said, they don't matter?! Scorecards are the only thing that matter if the fight goes to distance. Sterling was losing 2 judges to 1 against Yan.

He said he can controll him, not submit.
Here is Yan fighting a guy who's ground game light years above Sandhagen's.

I've seen the fight.

"Ground game," like what, BJJ? You mean his wrestling game? No shit. Cory isn't a wrestler. But hitting a couple of trips on him isn't going to win the fight for you, and Petr isn't going to turn into a grappler. Cory also does a great job of turning wrestling exchanges into grappling exchanges and getting back to his feet, and he's a superior kickboxer to Yan (where most of the fight will take place) in a lot of ways.

I've seen the fight.

"Ground game," like what, BJJ? You mean his wrestling game? No shit. Cory isn't a wrestler. But hitting a couple of trips on him isn't going to win the fight for you, and Petr isn't going to turn into a grappler. Cory also does a great job of turning wrestling exchanges into grappling exchanges and getting back to his feet, and he's a superior kickboxer to Yan (where most of the fight will take place) in a lot of ways.
Never heard of ground and pound? Watch the Aldo fight.

Back