Aldo VS Petis - Real Fight Footage from hidden gym grudge match!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by ShaolinSubzz, May 21, 2014.

1. ShaolinSubzz

ShaolinSubzz Brown Belt

OK I lied but this is awesome

2. SheetsMMAfan

SheetsMMAfan Brown Belt

Dat feeling out process.... O wait...

3. TripAtTheBrain

TripAtTheBrain Mentally Incompetent

Pettis looks like Sloth.

[​IMG]

4. IFightInVegas

IFightInVegas The Bourbonator Platinum Member

I still hate how they can't get striking right. It looks fun, sure.. But the headkicks, and spinning shots that land flush not getting any reaction from the opponent. There were 30 fight ending shots landed cleanly in that vid that were extremely stiff.

I'm still buying this game day one, but that's the first real look I got at gameplay, and I'm not super impressed.

5. Gambledub

Gambledub Brown Belt

I wished they showed more of the ground game. thats whats gonna make an mma game. everyones seen stand up striking in games before

6. Fatt Hughes

Fatt Hughes Brown Belt

still plays like rock em sock em robots.

7. ShaolinSubzz

ShaolinSubzz Brown Belt

I think it looks dope. I like the idea of throwing some fictional characters in there like Sub Zero etc - that would be fun as hell. Obviously Mortal Combat has rights issues but you know what I mean. As for gameplay I actually enjoyed the fight to watch as a spectator. I am sure the ground game is an improvement on before - if anything making more creative submissions and stand up would benefit the game - the moves were too standard in the last few releases - I mean seriously not all fighters are limited to key locks triangles and armbars etc - how about rolling knee bars? I know many of you might say you like it kept real - but thats my preference - a little more opportunity to be creative

8. Total Immortal

Total Immortal Blackhawk Belt Platinum Member

It doesn't help that the two guys controlling Aldo and Pettis just keep spamming single shots and not throwing combinations. When someone who actually know what they're doing plays i'm sure the striking will look a lot better.

9. Arn

Arn I Drive

I always play on simulation so the spamming part doesn't bother me at all.

10. Kerr Smash

Kerr Smash Purple Belt

I can't wait!

11. dawnslayer

dawnslayer wizard

See below

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  12. dawnslayer

dawnslayer wizard

bullshit. At the 5:03 mark Aldo throws a flying knee and it doesn't land because... why the fuck not? Pettis is right in front, doesn't defend and doesn't sidestep (like he does with the next one that misses), literally a foot in front of him and the knee fails to land.

They have some issues with the striking for sure.

And Jones has a 97 out of 100 overall rating. holy shit. he's a fucking superhero. plus this game has a 'power' stat, so you can expect him to be a fucking KO artist too with that rating. And making a career fighter as or almost as good? You can probably forget about that right now.

Basically everyone is going to pick Jones with his 97 rating. Its sad that they didn't learn from the Fedor situation in the first game.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  13. ObsoleteSoul

ObsoleteSoul Silver Belt

These games always fail to impress me. I am not even sure they could ever get it right, given any reasonable amount of time, and resources. It just has too many variables that all need to work together, flawlessly, in order to have that dynamic feel of a true MMA fight.

That being said, it could still be a fun game, just not what I would consider "true" to the sport.