Aldo vs. McGregor will be an instant rematch too.

Ginn

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
@Green
Reaction score
Rousey will be fighting Tate for a 3rd time.

Haha.

That's a lot different. Aldo is a long, long reigning champ. Cain has fought 3 guys in 4 years, 2 of those years he sat out, and has lost the belt twice.

No way in hell UFC lets aldo near the belt again if Mcgregor wins it.
Defo gonna be instant rematch if Connor loses in any close or controversial fashion tho

That's a lot different. Aldo is a long, long reigning champ. Cain has fought 3 guys in 4 years, 2 of those years he sat out, and has lost the belt twice.

Lol, holy shit. When you put it so succinctly it seems so much worse.

aldo is been talking too much anti ufc lately. he is a huge draw so no way he is getting cut but if he loses , ufc will screw him and not give him a rematch

If McGregor looks bad, I don't see any reason to give him a rematch. Mendes gave Aldo his toughest fight to date and he didn't get a rematch.

he is a huge draw

Isnt he the worst drawing Champ?

Aldo pretty much shot himself in the foot with his comments. I see no immediate rematch...especially when he pulled out of the HUGE first fight.

That was a rematch.

Not instant, that's the title of the thread. I'm fine with McGregor fighting again for the title in like 2 years when he's improved his game like Mendes did, but no one wants to see him lose badly and then get an instant rematch.

Not instant, that's the title of the thread. I'm fine with McGregor fighting again for the title in like 2 years when he's improved his game like Mendes did, but no one wants to see him lose badly and then get an instant rematch.

Challengers never get immediate rematches after they lose

If McGregor loses, I can see him getting fed one or MAYBE two guys and then getting a quick rematch. That, or he will move up to 155.

Honestly, though, McGregor is good enough now to remain something of a star even despite a loss or two, and that is if he doesn't improve. He will have a few more years of assured relevance even if he loses.

Challengers never get immediate rematches after they lose

%7B81C8318E-2279-421F-9F1C-F344168EC704%7D.jpg

Cain Velasquez gonna lose again and never touch that belt ever again.

Cain Velasquez gonna lose again and never touch that belt ever again.

I've always found it interesting how few champions, who are presumably a good match up against nearly every fighter in their weight class, ever get a belt again once they lose it. Once you lose it, it's OVER, something in you has failed and can't be covered up with your resume.

I've always found it interesting how few champions, who are presumably a good match up against nearly every fighter in their weight class, ever get a belt again once they lose it. Once you lose it, it's OVER, something in you has failed and can't be covered up with your resume.

Because once you lose, you're just another contender who is now having to prove himself against guys who have just spent the last three years preparing for only you.

Because once you lose, you're just another contender who is now having to prove himself against guys who have just spent the last three years preparing for only you.

That may very well be part of it. I'm sure there are a ton of factors, like age, string of bad matchups during your championship reign, mental state, etc. etc. etc. (all 3 apply to Silva as well as your hypothesis IMO, for example). It's interesting.

Back