Aldo vs McGregor Who are you rooting for?

Just want a good fight. Aldo is one of the best fighters the sport has ever seen, so I have no qualms with him holding onto his title, as long as he puts on a show like he did vs Mendes. Conversely, I think McGregor is very entertaining and good for the sport as a whole so I have no qualms with him being the new King.

Want a good fight. Weird how the first big test for Conor is for the belt. Quickest rise to the title since Brock.

Conor at least beat his opponents in great fashion way. Brock got submitted in UFC debut, then beat fade out Herring and got the title shot.

Don't understand why so much people complain about that.

Aldo for sure. McGregor is not funny at all and way too over the top with his acting. I hope Aldo destroys him and if that isn't possible, LnP for 5 rounds. ;)

Rooting for the goat but I'd say Aldo takes it. Pretty crazy that Aldo only has seven fights in the UFC and Conor already has 5, and both have been injured.

Voted McG but Aldo stops him in round 3 or 4.

Conor at least beat his opponents in great fashion way. Brock got submitted in UFC debut, then beat fade out Herring and got the title shot.

Don't understand why so much people complain about that.

I'm not complaining, Brock's rise is legendary and I defend him all the time. Conor has the same hype around him and he's had a red carpet to the title just as Brock did. I don't hate Conor, I get the hype, I think he's for real, but someone like Cowboy Cerrone is far more entitled to a title fight in his div than Conor is in his.

I'm not complaining, Brock's rise is legendary and I defend him all the time. Conor has the same hype around him and he's had a red carpet to the title just as Brock did. I don't hate Conor, I get the hype, I think he's for real, but someone like Cowboy Cerrone is far more entitled to a title fight in his div than Conor is in his.

You're right about Cowboy, the dude just want to fight whoever whenever, and having over 10 bonuses make his living style complete I guess. Connor is more ambitious, but the hype behind him is real.

Want a good fight. Weird how the first big test for Conor is for the belt. Quickest rise to the title since Brock.

Yeah, Conor is more deserving than Brock was.

To be fair, Brock is still one of the most accomplished HW champions in the companies history. 3-1 in title fights with 2 defenses. So he turned out to be legit.

If it was wec aldo, id root for him. But ufc aldo is a boring point fighter that goes to decision.

I'm rooting for Aldo. I think the utter disrespect he gets from you fools is absurd, especially considering his resume and wins. People are always trying to hop on the hot wagon and hate on the elite, consistent things in this sport. MMA has the worst fans.

Conor is legit and can win this fight. I favor Aldo considerably, but it's a fight and Conor has skill, so he can win. I'll be rooting for Aldo though. He's never disrespectful and always entertains.

I'm rooting for Aldo. I think the utter disrespect he gets from you fools is absurd, especially considering his resume and wins. People are always trying to hop on the hot wagon and hate on the elite, consistent things in this sport. MMA has the worst fans.

Conor is legit and can win this fight. I favor Aldo considerably, but it's a fight and Conor has skill, so he can win. I'll be rooting for Aldo though. He's never disrespectful and always entertains.

Excellent post.

Agreed on all points.

Aldo is a respectful and great champion, hope he mops the floor with McGregor.

Should be an entertaining fight.

It's going to be one hell of a fight.

To those thinking Aldo is just going to smash Conor... I really doubt it. Conor is bigger and longer and I think he can hang with Aldo just fine standing.

I think Aldo's best route to victory would be to set up an explosive take down and then use his superior grappling to nullify Mcgregor and maybe work for a submission.

But if Aldo stands with Mcgregor and allows Mcgregor to take the middle of the cage and start walking him down, it's going to be a tough task for Aldo to work around that.

I was going McG but the way Aldo laughed when he came at him... I don't know, it was just funny. He didn't seem to laugh as a defensive mechanism, or like tying to laugh purposefully to mock him, it truly seems he just thought it was hilarious and laughed.

I could be wrong, he could have been laughing and thinking, "F you dumb, drunk irish lunatic. I'm going to smash you.", or something like that. But it really doesn't seem like that every time I watched it. Seems like just a natural laugh.

Really I just want to see a bad@$$ entertaining fight. Something like JJ/Gus. But just that little interaction may have me leaning Aldo come fight time. For no other reason than it made me laugh.

I wonder if maybe McGregoat has a manifest destiny of sorts to get the title and clean out the FW division. I am thinking the MMA higher powers have picked out McGregor to do in FW what Jones did in LHW and so I am now thinking that because of destiny and divinely sanctioned fate, Conor has a perfect 100 % chance of winning and there's nothing Aldo will be able to do to stop that unique striking. I don't know, I think sometimes in MMA there is such a thing as divine destiny sanctioned from above.

Back