Aldo vs Khabib- Best TDD ever vs one of the best grapplers to ever compete in the UFC

DS7

Bangkok Ready
@red
Reaction score
Imagine if Aldo fights for the interim LW title in March (lmao) it would probably be against Khabib. How do you see this going? Super interesting match up.

giphy.gif

UFC uses Aldo to take Khabib out of contention because Khabib is a tougher matchup for Conor.

Aldo would stuff the takedown and KO him most likely.

I see it ending in someone pulling out due to injury.

Aldo by decision. His TDD is amazing, probably the best TDD in MMA. He has fought many great wrestlers in WEC and UFC. He would leg kick Khabib to death, he is way too fast and accurate for him in the striking. Khabib is a bit stiff and slow in the striking.

Khabib would Maul aldo. Stuffing Frankie Edgar isn't the same as stuffing a russian bear.

Definitely interesting.

Aldo has trained with Maynard, a beast of a wrestler. So I'm sure he wouldn't be too uncomfortable going up against a big strong wrestler but Khabib is tenacious as all hell and his cardio is crazy.

I think the Khabib will be too strong and big for Aldo to handle.

Khabib would Maul aldo. Stuffing Frankie Edgar isn't the same as stuffing a russian bear.
I think Chad has a better wresting shot than Khabib and he handled him nicely. The real challenge is keeping him off of you if he does take you down.

I don't think stuffing 5'5 Edgar and Mendes translates well to keeping legitimate lightwegiht/borderline welterweight Khabib off of you.

Plus, Aldo has tons of miles on him and Khabib has gotten punched like 4 times in his career. Khabib via brutal TKO after Aldo gasses in the 4th or 5th.

Aldo could be a really bad matchup for Khabib given his TDD. Khabib is, however, much bigger and stronger than any of the other wrestlers Aldo has faced so it is entirely ppossible that Khabib dumps Aldo on his head and mauls him. Very interesting matchup indeed but I would have much preferred Aldo facing Khabib after Khabib vs Conor is settled.

Aldo makes fighters tentetive.

He still dominates. You give Conor fans a bad name.
Why u getting Conor involved? Lol

I just don't see how u could just easily state that Aldo would knock out someone who hasn't faced defeat in 23 bouts when he hasn't finished anyone of note in years.

Aldo dominates but that isn't what I was quoting. Aldo is the best featherweight fighter on the planet regardless of his loss to Conor.

Why u getting Conor involved? Lol

I just don't see how u could just easily state that Aldo would knock out someone who hasn't faced defeat in 23 bouts when he hasn't finished anyone of note in years.

Aldo dominates but that isn't what I was quoting. Aldo is the best featherweight fighter on the planet regardless of his loss to Conor.
I don't get it either. I can't even remember who he has finished other than Chinny Mendes after fence grabbing.

Back