Aldo vs Henderson

Just a username

Black Belt
Reaction score
Aldo has said that he might move up to LW if he beats Edgar and i assume he gets an instant title shot. A fight with Bendo is very intruiging, Bendo is a powerhouse of a LW with his strenght and wrestling while Aldo is imo the perfect fighter. For me it's a matter of if Henderson can take him down and keep him there. The Edgar fight should be a great wrestling test for Aldo because Edger is arguably the best LW wrestler.

Who do you think takes it?

I think Bendo takes it. I have a strong disdain for the man but he has superhuman strength at LW. I think he will overpower and outscramble Aldo.

It's a tough fucking fight for Aldo, he would be going up against arguably the best athlete at LW with some smothering top control and GnP. he would be pressured from the beginning and we all know Bendo doesn't take his foot off the gas a lot, even during 5 rounders. that said, It's still Jose "Studmuffin" Aldo we're talking about so you can't completely write him off, he will always have a chance to end it.

It'll be like Pettis and Bendo but with Aldo finishing.

I bet Aldo doesn't go up for another year or two.

If they were to fight i'd take Aldo. He is a better striker and Henderson would struggle to get him down, Aldo's movement is on another level, he is so quick to angle off to the side when someone moves forward. He actually stops lots of takedowns before they're even there because the other fighter doesnt even get a chance to set it up - the Florian fight is a good example. Ben will probably get a few in the later rounds but i see Aldo getting the best of it and the fight.

would be great to see Aldo moving up... I wish I could see him face Henderson, Nate and some other guys in LW.

It's hard for me to predict a winner for that one but it would definitely be an amazing display of martial arts.

I think Bendo takes it. I have a strong disdain for the man but he has superhuman strength at LW. I think he will overpower and outscramble Aldo.

I agree (except for the "strong disdain" part - I respect Benson as a fighter, but find his shtick to be annoying - the toothpick, the chciken wings tattos, the diamond cutter gang sign, etc.

Aldo is an otherworldly striker, but gives up about 15-20lbs in weight to Benson, which makes a difference when he's trying to get up from Benson's relentless takedowns. I realize that he may have been ill in the Hominick fight, and that it took place very late in the fight, but if Hominick can control Aldo on the ground for a full round, then Benson can do the same, if not better.

first thing first let see the result of Aldo vs edgar, then we have a beter pictures of who next for Aldo. :eek:

Bendo would maul Aldo. However, this fight will not happen since after Frankie takes
Aldo's belt, he'll move down to Bantam weight.

I agree (except for the "strong disdain" part - I respect Benson as a fighter, but find his shtick to be annoying - the toothpick, the chciken wings tattos, the diamond cutter gang sign, etc.

Aldo is an otherworldly striker, but gives up about 15-20lbs in weight to Benson, which makes a difference when he's trying to get up from Benson's relentless takedowns. I realize that he may have been ill in the Hominick fight, and that it took place very late in the fight, but if Hominick can control Aldo on the ground for a full round, then Benson can do the same, if not better.

Fully agree but I personally think he is over rated. A very beat up hominick held him down for a round and I'd put money on it if there was 1 more round he would of finished Aldo. And I don't buy this sick or bad weight cut crap. I'm not a racist but it seems like a very common excuse for Brazilians. If the don't win in spectacular fashion then there was something wrong with them. I think mendes has a good chance to beat Aldo if Aldo keeps his hands off the fence.
I think with these smaller light weights dropping down Aldo is gonna have his hands full.Edgar is probably gonna take the belt

Fully agree but I personally think he is over rated. A very beat up hominick held him down for a round and I'd put money on it if there was 1 more round he would of finished Aldo. And I don't buy this sick or bad weight cut crap. I'm not a racist but it seems like a very common excuse for Brazilians. If the don't win in spectacular fashion then there was something wrong with them. I think mendes has a good chance to beat Aldo if Aldo keeps his hands off the fence.
I think with these smaller light weights dropping down Aldo is gonna have his hands full.Edgar is probably gonna take the belt

Why dont you buy him being sick? When has he ever looked that bad? He hasn't, he's faced better opposition than Hominick too.

What has Mendes shown that makes you think he can beat him? Loads of people on here really try to grasp at the fence grabbing despite Aldo EASILY defending 6 other attempts. Mendes also went for another straight after the fence grab, he could only get Aldo onto one knee and he popped straight back up.

Benson would whoop. dat. azzz.

In all seriousness Aldo is a fantastic striker and would beat a lot of LW's. But all said and done 15-20lbs is a lot to give up to a guy almost as skilled as you are.

Back