Aldo vs Edgar, who has the edge?

This will get a lot of hype. Of course it's not yet; the fight is still a month away. Also excited for it. I think Edgar by close decision.

Aldo:
Has more power
Has more killer instinct
Has faster reflexes

Edgar:
Is better at touching his opponent and then running away
Is better at surprising his opponent by taking them down for no reason at all so they can escape 5 seconds later
Is better at bouncing around like a bunny rabbit
Is better at ending up in razor close decisions
Is better at boring me to death

Sherdoggers should make a 2013 resolution to live in the real world.

then they'd have to stop saying stupid sh't all the time.

Edgar has better wrestling, chin, recovery, and boxing than Mendes. If he can mix it up I think he'll win a dominating decision especially in the 4th and 5th round.

he has a better chin? excuse mendes for getting knocked out from a knee by one of the most vicious strikers in the history of mma. at least he wasn't dropped repeatedly by gray "i have 2 career tko's" maynard and benson "i haven't finished anyone in years" henderson.

You should watch that fight, Penn got wrecked. UFC 118 go check it out.

I did. And I repeat, by that standard, every 30-27 or 50-45 or Garcia victory is a domination. It is not.

You should watch that fight, Penn got wrecked. UFC 118 go check it out.

he was never rocked, hurt, or in danger of being finished. you're a jackass if you consider a ud with no real damage done as "wrecked".

Frankie is a different animal than anybody Aldo has ever fought. Incredible speed, durability, boxing, wrestling, and heart. He wont give up and the longer this fight goes the worse it is for Aldo. I think Frankie will do very well in this fight and send Aldo to LW

Close fight, but I think Aldo takes it.

so much edgar nut-hugging going on in here. it's like his last two fights never happened.

Aldo has the advantage, and I believe he takes this fight.

Going to be one hell of a battle, though.

If anything those last two fights gained Frankie more fans. He arguably beat a guy a lot bigger than him, and Ben is an absolute animal. I understand that Edgar isn't a world beater by any means, but you can't do what he's done without having some talent.

But I will agree with you on the fact that people go overboard nut hugging guys, like they grew up with them and they're defending their best friend 'til the death.

this is a nice post and I agree with you 100%.

If anything those last two fights gained Frankie more fans. He arguably beat a guy a lot bigger than him, and Ben is an absolute animal. I understand that Edgar isn't a world beater by any means, but you can't do what he's done without having some talent.

But I will agree with you on the fact that people go overboard nut hugging guys, like they grew up with them and they're defending their best friend 'til the death.

i think the whole size thing is blown completely out of proportion. edgar may be shorter than the average lw (by an inch or two) but he hasn't lost a fight by being outmuscled besides to maybe maynard in their first encounter. during his fights with henderson he was able to take benson down several times, while henderson himself didn't have much success with td's (although he didn't attempt many). good for him for not getting annihilated, but a lot of guys lose close decisions and aren't touted as the best in their division just because they were smaller than their opposition.

Edgar has a habit of starting slow, and is vulnerable to some punches that Aldo throws with a lot of power and precision (particularly the reverse uppercut). Aldo has no such problems starting slowly, and is a vicious finisher of hurt opponents. While much is made of Edgar's recovery, the opponents where he's best shown it are not guys known for finishing (namely Gray Maynard). Aldo has no such problems.

Aldo puts away Edgar inside the first frame.

WTF is a reverse uppercut?

Ooooo ... ME ... ME ... I have the *ANSWER* for this one!!!!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Aldo:
Has more power
Has more killer instinct
Has faster reflexes

Edgar:
Is better at touching his opponent and then running away
Is better at surprising his opponent by taking them down for no reason at all so they can escape 5 seconds later
Is better at bouncing around like a bunny rabbit
Is better at ending up in razor close decisions
Is better at boring me to death

troll/retard

Back