Aldo v Yan HISTORY WILL BE MADE!

ferrisjso

"Melodramatic" Historian
@Gold
Reaction score
Throughout the history of MMA there have been many controversial title shots given to people who probably didn't deserve them.

However this is the first time in MMA history there will be a title fight between 2 fighters who are probably not among the top 2-3 in their division(Moraes, Sterling, Sandhagan).

Okay?

On paper its still a great fight and the pandemic along with Cejudo retiring set this all in motion. Do you think Cruz deserved the title shot when he got it? I don't. But the circumstances led to that. Just be happy we're getting three title fights on one card and we're getting so many cards in quick succession.

Throughout the history of MMA there have been many controversial title shots given to people who probably didn't deserve them.

However this is the first time in MMA history there will be a title fight between 2 fighters who are probably not among the top 2-3 in their division(Moraes, Sterling, Sandhagan).
Bisping vs GSP.

Awesome fight
And we have Sterling and / or Moraes later this year
Great time for the division

I guess you are talking about a vacated belt since the "champion" is ranked over the rest of the top 15... I guess this could be right but when was the last title shot Faber got where he was an actual top contender...

It's a sick matchup. Has the potential to be one of the best fights of the year.

Who gives a f*ck. Legit title fights have been a rarity for awhile now. We all should be used to it. B*tching about it sure isn’t gonna change anything. Just accept it and enjoy the fights or don’t. Idgaf either way.

<Fedor23>

i want a reason to bitch about this fight too but i don't actually have one.
belts just don't mean shit any more so who cares about the jewellery involved when two men have reached an agreement to hurt each other

Hoping to see Aldo get one punch KO'd again. He's become whiney and entitled in the latter half of his career.

how the fuck is Sandhagan clearly above Yan to you? lol. Yan has a better overall record and better UFC record. Neither guy is super established but Yan is pretty clearly ahead.

I think Aljo deserved a shot too but any combo of Aljo/Yan/Moraes would have been perfect. Aldo just got in there because he arguably beat Moraes and has more name/legend value than all three of those guys combined. That's how the UFC has worked for decades, it isn't "history being made" lol.

I guess you are talking about a vacated belt since the "champion" is ranked over the rest of the top 15... I guess this could be right but when was the last title shot Faber got where he was an actual top contender...

All of Fabers shots were deserved other than that last one against Cruz.

This fight seems to have gotten ppl really excited.

Tbh I'm probably most excited for this fight, then Volk v Holloway

As this is the most competitive of the 3 matchups IMO

Lol the more 2 division champs we have, the angrier Conor gets deep down. What he achieved is no longer that special.

Who cares, Yan beats anyone at 135

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back