Aldo Turns Down Rematch Against McGregor

He hasn't been training and he's not in shape.

It's easy to type that a pro fighter is a coward with the hot pocket grease lubing your fingers from the safety of your mom's basement.
His coach says he was staying in shape incase there was an opportunity to step in short notice

Aldo said previously he would take a fight against Conor even if it was not for the title.
Now he has the opportunity and he is backing out.

He is eating his own words, stop trying to defend him. If Conor said the same thing you know Conor would not back out.
Difference is that his manager said he was not in shape for it. Why would you take a short notice fight of the guy who put you out in 13 seconds without being in decent shape.

Difference is that his manager said he was not in shape for it. Why would you take a short notice fight of the guy who put you out in 13 seconds without being in decent shape.

I never said anything about manager/not manager. He specifically made an interview where he said he was training for McGregor vs RDA in case of a short notice replacement so that he was in shape. He claimed he wanted to fight McGregor regardless of the title. If he truly followed what he said he could have been in better shape than a majority of current fighters.

IMO, he talked and did not follow up with his talk. Like he did in December and July before. Aldo should not put things out there that he cannot follow, plain and simple. Conor said he would fight for LW, and he tried, RDA pulled out. Rather than pulling out of the card he's taking another short notice fight.

Lol aldo cuts just as much
giphy.gif

Of course people are gonna hate on him. Doesn't matter if it's the smarter move. Whatever. You people just keep being you people

You should follow Aldo on social media. He's clearly not training, or training only very lightly.

Aldo cuts from 160, Conor from 170. That's not the same.

You are delusional if you think aldo only cuts 15lbs lol. He look more sucked out than conor

It's easy to type that a pro fighter is a coward with the hot pocket grease lubing your fingers from the safety of your mom's basement.
hahaha I pissed a little

Fatboy gets humiliated with the second post. Nice stuff.

I never said anything about manager/not manager. He specifically made an interview where he said he was training for McGregor vs RDA in case of a short notice replacement so that he was in shape. He claimed he wanted to fight McGregor regardless of the title. If he truly followed what he said he could have been in better shape than a majority of current fighters.

IMO, he talked and did not follow up with his talk. Like he did in December and July before. Aldo should not put things out there that he cannot follow, plain and simple. Conor said he would fight for LW, and he tried, RDA pulled out. Rather than pulling out of the card he's taking another short notice fight.
Also why would aldo do the UFC a solid. They practically made his whole reign to be garbage and didn't respect him.

When someone turns down a fight on basically a week's notice, they're automatically a coward? This place is hilarious.

I read that Frankie was injured. Not sure if that's 100% accurate, however.
Yes Aldo is a coward after making this statement prior

"For everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot," Aldo wrote in January. "My only exception would be fighting (McGregor), at any time, anywhere, and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop (your) ass anywhere."

What happened to anytime anywhere Aldo? LOL

lmao hot pocket grease

That's because Aldo wants his title rematch. You know, the same immediate title rematch that EVERY other champ gets these days.

Don't even try to spin it like he's afraid of Connor lol.

Pretty much these. He wants to rematch Conor in his weight class with at least some time to prepare. How is that cowardly?

You are delusional if you think aldo only cuts 15lbs lol. He look more sucked out than conor

Aldo clearly stated the most he cut was vs Hominick (165lbs) because he gained mass after his neck surgery and that he is cutting 2-3 kilos less for McG.

Conor, pound for pound, cuts more weight than Jon Jones. Let that sink in for a minute.

Anyone who takes this fight better be in shape and not injured.
That said I don't think it's ducking if you don't take the fight if you are injured or not in cardiovascular shape to go 5 rounds.......

You should follow Aldo on social media. He's clearly not training, or training only very lightly.

Aldo cuts from 160, Conor from 170. That's not the same.
His last post says ''any time, anywhere''. wouldn't be such a big deal anyway if he turned down the fight without saying he was ready any time anywhere and his coach saying he was staying in shape incase dos anjos pulled out

Back