Aldo should be campaigning hard, screaming from rooftops but...

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
We didn't hear a single word from him yet. He said he was training in prevision of a RDA pullout so there's the opportunity. I know it would be impossible to convince Mc Gregor to fight at 145 at this point but Aldo could easily fight at 155. What is stopping him? Why are we not hearing him scream for this fight? Is he afraid? Too concerned about Conor's weight? Or is he just refusing a non-title fight?

He has the chance now to prove that he is not afraid and that honor is more important than belts and titles. If Aldo doesn't AT LEAST step up and offer to fight at UFC 196, I will lose faith and claim that Conor broke him and effectively ended his career.

This is Jose Aldo's official message on January 27:

Conor vs Aldo at 155, fight for the honor. Who's with me?

Last edited:
5 million dollars... That's 3 in real money.

I'd be screaming.

Aldo will be down in the coal mine with TJ Grant if he gets KO'ed again just 2 months after his first

Now he has to room to ever cry for an automatic rematch ever again. Let alone any fight. Maybe if you actually manned up and fought, didn't start to gas after three rounds where you survive fights at the end, and took opportunity's more shit would come your way.

When you win by a true KO, a true stoppage, you put your opponent out of action for at least 6 moonts - the GOAT

16 hours ago he was in a plane with Jacare.

Thank you very much for this info, it all makes sense now. I wonder where he's heading and what will be his reaction when he hear RDA pulled out...

Bring in Edgar
Frankie had surgery 3 days ago. He's not fighting anyone. The only possible choices are: Nate Diaz, Pettis, Cowboy and Aldo if he decides to step up.

Aldo would get KO again demand another rematch.

Aldo should take more time off after getting KO cold like that. TBI's aren't a joke.

Thank you very much for this info, it all makes sense now. I wonder where he's heading and what will be his reaction when he hear RDA pulled out...
He was heading to Manaus, it's a 4hour flight, he probably heard the news by now

Not everyone handles their business over Twitter.
But Aldo does judging from his last tweet which I posted in the OP. He made an official Twitter call out on Janurary 27, in English and Portugese and those were his last tweets.

Maybe they're already in negociation, I just say it would help to make some noise to attrack UFC's attention, if only to prevent them from making another matchup.

Could you imagine Jose picking up the phone later tonight only to learn Nate or Cowboy has signed the fight?

Put your name in the discussion already, Jose!

He got dusted after a full camp

2 week Aldo vs no weight cut Conor is an ass kicking just waiting to happen

Looks like his camp has already refused the fight. No time to prepare properly.

I'm an Aldo fan, but I'm transfering part of my respect for him to Mcgregor. He needs to step up.

In the caption he says he's going to meet someone from the government of his home state, so he probably has an agenda for the day.

Looks like his camp has already refused the fight. No time to prepare properly.

I'm an Aldo fan, but I'm transfering part of my respect for him to Mcgregor. He needs to step up.
Well, from his twitter post, it seems he was already training a month ago, specifically for this fight.

Unless it was all hubris meant to put his name back on the spot, he has no reason not to step up. The only real excuse is the short delay after getting knocked out cold. If that's the excuse, why did he make an official post claiming he's training and ready to step up?

It does not make sense:
0330chewbacca.jpg

Back