Aldo refused to do a faceoff in the octagon, the UFC asked him to.

Having Aldo walk to the Octagon would've been nice, but I honestly think that they could not have done it any better. Looks far more impressive if the promotion was organic, which is what exactly happened there.

"Rituals...Superstitions...It's all another word for fear. He keeps saying all these things, but face to face, he's said nothing."

Well he doesn't speak a word of English so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Not one of you believes Aldo was intimidated.

Not even a lil concerned with it. Once Aldo knocks Conners block off this will all seem so silly.

You can refer to Aldo as many different things; fearful is not one of those things.

A win at the end of the day is all that matters
He knows he will beat Conor, and when he does that pay will be well

Being a fighter is a short career tho most of the time, why not put in a little effort on the promotion side and get yourself set for retirement? He may come to regret it is all I'm saying.

Well he doesn't speak a word of English so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Which actually made the callout in the crowd much more effective than a faceoff in the cage would have been.

Just on Aldo's part as well I think he came off looking much better than he would have in the cage where Connar would have run rings around him speaking though a translator, in the crowd he just got to look cool and collected.

Jose-Aldo.jpg

Shiiiiiiiiiit

Why would Aldo go into a cage to get clowned by somebody with the "home" crowd behind him and everything being conducted in a language that Aldo does not speak?

I think Aldo was wise to just chill. If this had been in Brazil and in Portuguese, it might have been a different story.

I don't see why people are acting like Aldo won't promote the fight. It can only because you believe that talking loud is the only form of promotion

I suppose that everybody here is undefeated in the octagon without being superstitious.

Why would Aldo go into a cage to get clowned by somebody with the "home" crowd behind him and everything being conducted in a language that Aldo does not speak?

I think Aldo was wise to just chill. If this had been in Brazil and in Portuguese, it might have been a different story.

I don't see why people are acting like Aldo won't promote the fight. It can only because you believe that talking loud is the only form of promotion

He's been competing for Zuffa for a long time to not speak the language

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back