Aldo Q&A w/Ariel: UFC Wants Aldo To Fight For Interim LW Title In March. Will Not Fight @ 208

Woodley and Bisping should be good to go for March I would think. Is Stipe and Aldo not strong enough to carry a PPV in April?
I know Woodley is rumored for 209. Not sure what's up with Bisping though.

I know Woodley is rumored for 209. Not sure what's up with Bisping though.
They haven't been building up Romero/Bisping very much. It should be a strong headliner for an upcoming card. Aren't both in good health?

They haven't been building up Romero/Bisping very much. It should be a strong headliner for an upcoming card. Aren't both in good health?
Bisping was insisting on not fighting til early spring time although I'm not sure if it was ever cleared up as to why.

He wants to fight soon and line himself for McGregor rematch. If Aldo knocks off a top LW contender (T-Ferg/Khabib) for interim belt, it set up a potential huge big money rematch with Conor.

This GIF as predicted years ago could come to fruition... Has Mystic Mac done it again?

ezgif_com_gif_maker_21.gif

We'll see.
If Aldo does to Conor what Cain did to JDS in the rematch, that could be one of the biggest rivalries in the history of the sport.

I think Aldo is being used as leverage in the Ferguson vs Khabib negotiations. If Ferguson and Khabib agree to what is proposed by the UFC, then I think we'll see Aldo vs Holloway.
That was my first thought too. Using Aldo to put the screws on Ferguson who just wants to get paid.

Only on Sherdog do people get so wound up by drama, and dismiss the fact that he's going up a weight class for a title fight...wow. This is fun stuff you whiny little TMZ bitches.

Conor is a harder fight for him than Max.

He just wants to erase the embarrassing blemish. This loss was worse than Silva front kick against Vitor.
It is indeed. That's what happens when you disregard your opponent. Vitor never laughrf at Silva, even if they had a serious beef. He never disregarded him, he knew he was in for a tough fight. Disregarding an opponent is the worst mistake because it's been done again and again. It's even worse when you call him Joker: when you end up losing, you were beaten by a joker. Jokers know how to push the joke.

Stay ready Jose, Conor will make you wait, sing and dance for that rematch and when he finally says jump... You will say "how high".

This is ridiculous.

Conor had to beat a WW to get the LW belt. Now Aldo is getting one for threatening to retire and ducking Conor.

Dana has lost the plot. Everyone is against Conor at this point.

So Tony is ducking Khabib who is ducking Aldo who is ducking Holloway??

This is bizarre. Aldo vs Khabib would be sick.
So you didn't read it either. Holloway is the one not accepting.

Only on Sherdog do people get so wound up by drama, and dismiss the fact that he's going up a weight class for a title fight...wow. This is fun stuff you whiny little TMZ bitches.
What's even funnier is that a lot of Shertards bitched about Conor getting immediate title shot at LW, but not Jose!

Don't care if he is a legend, fuck that. 1 win since getting flatlined in 13 seconds does not mean you jump contenders on 40 fight win streaks in a division you never competed in. Shutup Aldo.
Hahaha holy fuck ufc enlisting Aldos help to knock off LW contenders too wow that's pretty pathetic but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to protect the golden boy
And this. Pathetic sideshow. Anything to derail the rightful contenders, and try to inject a guy who he already KOd that he can defend the joke title against

How did you reach this conclusion? I read the exact opposite.
Did either of you read it?
Nah just don't play attention to @skullmaskkid,he is in the top 10 list of "most stupid Connie posters" on sherdog.

if this is true it makes holloway looks like a bitch

dont start shouting where's Aldo and call him out for Brooklyn card only for you to turn down the fight because you want to go to disney world

{<jordan}

So, in the end, do you think you will fight Max Holloway in Brooklyn on Feb. 11?
No, the Brooklyn fight is not happening. I now expect and believe I will be fighting in early March. Either March 3 or March 4, I can't remember. I believe they will soon announce an interim lightweight title fight with me. They've been trying to find me an opponent, and -- surprise, surprise -- at least one has already turned down the fight against me. I'm waiting to see who they will find.

Wow. I didn't expect that. Who turned it down?

You gotta ask the UFC that. They've asked me not to say anything. I won’t say who it is because it’s a surprise. A guy we never thought would turn it down turned it down, because his father didn’t think it was good. I'm tired of people turning down fights. I want to put some pressure so they'll take the fight.

This is a pretty bold thing to claim, seems way to far fetched to be a lie...and Aldo isn't known for fabricating stuff. It's definitely not T-ferg, it's not Conor..cause Conor is the undisputed champ, and Khabib is the only top contender whose dad has a strong say in his fight career.

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...holloway-fight-falling-through-clown-mcgregor

Last edited:
Back