Aldo Q&A w/Ariel: UFC Wants Aldo To Fight For Interim LW Title In March. Will Not Fight @ 208

So Tony is ducking Khabib who is ducking Aldo who is ducking Holloway??

This is bizarre. Aldo vs Khabib would be sick.

What in the fuck is going on? Who's he going to fight?

Are they trying to strong arm Ferguson into fighting Khabib for peanuts by using Aldo?

So Aldo fights for interim lw in March.
Fights for lw title in september

Wtf happens at featherweight?

He's just doing what he moaned at conor for doing..

Has to be a wind up

Aldo is completely out of his mind. LOL what dreamworld is he getting an interim title shot at 155. Hahahahahaaaaa

LaJ9Kmo.gif

so Aldo is ducking Holloway, official

"After that fight, Holloway said a bunch of different things. First, I heard he twisted his ankle and wouldn't have time to heal. Then I heard he had a trip booked to Disney World with his kids and he wouldn't be able to reschedule. Then I heard his gym is closed during the holidays and he wouldn't have enough time to train. So he's basically going around, talking a lot of trash, saying a lot of bullshit and acting like a punk. He just talking shit. "

Holloway ducked Aldo.

There are a lot of juicy quotes; I think my favourite part is that Aldo can't be arsed to remember whether he had a kid when he fought Mendes.

And so now is the fight off?
Yeah. I just want to say, any time I've been asked to fight by the UFC, I never turned it down. I've been asked to fight when my wife was pregnant or when we had a newborn at home. When I fought Frankie Edgar, she was pregnant, when I fought Chad Mendes, she was either pregnant or we had a newborn. I had a lot of stuff in my family going on, and that has never been a reason to not take fights. You can ask anyone. You can ask [UFC matchmaker] Sean Shelby. When I've been asked to fight, I take it.

Another awesome moment; Aldo claims that he doesn't turn down fights, but Pederneiras wouldn't let him fight McGregor at 196. Great for two reasons:

1) Confirms that Aldo really had the offer and that fight would have been a go, which I have never heard before; and
2) Hilarious that Aldo takes the position that it only counts as turning down a fight if he does it himself. Man, if your daddy won't let you out into the yard to play, its still on you.

so Aldo is ducking Holloway, official
No, Aldo agreed to fight at 208 against Holloway/Pettis winner, Holloway calls out Aldo for 208, Holloway backs out, Aldo now left without a fight for Brooklyn. Where the hell did Aldo duck him?

Dana: I'm gonna tell this goof he gets a LW title shot

Ari: Dana you glorious goy, your manipulation and lies are almost Jew-like
this shouldn't be funny but I snorted :D

didn't even need the second line to be honest

He has to be winding Ariel up.

Aldo seriously saying he's not going to defend the belt for potentially two fights?
This shouldn't be so hard to understand.
Holloway (the guy that called him out to fight in February) refused to fight in February after Aldo agreed to fight.
So Aldo is looking now for his own interest. Get the Interim belt, and force COnor to defend (or become the two division CHampion Conor wanted to be, with the difference that Aldo defends his belts).

Funny how two threads were made but depending what part was posted they were framed very differently with different replies. Really goes to show you the power of journalism and a headlne/snippet.

It's a really good Q&A guys, I suggest anyone interested give it a quick read.

This is actually a good article done by Ariel.

Lots of questions answered.

Funny how two threads were made but depending what part was posted they were framed very differently with different replies. Really goes to show you the power of journalism and a headlne/snippet.
I almost didn't want to merge them because they seemed so different. Haha.

He knows damn well he can wait to fight Holloway in April, but he running with the belt and fleeing the division

Back