Aldo on McGregor fight: "It's gonna be over asap so that no one suffers"

Haha. How are Conor fans "fanboys" in comparison to a fan of any other fighter? You don't think the "GOAT" or "McGreGOAT" comments are more taking the piss than anything?

No man, they're ravenous and uninformed while being obsessive .
They are a new breed.

Takedown pass the guard and an arm triangle while Shaolin smiles wherever he might be at.

Good. he looks more centered now.
I like it better.

WAR Aldo!!!!!

May the WEC-Aldo show up for this fight!!

Hopefully this fight happens this time and Aldo wins to shut up McGregor.

His trash talk is good, but it's too much. Aldo should go back to being the quiet killer champ that he is and not get too involved with Conor.

I find Mcgregor pretty cool. His trash talk is fine. What is harder to understand is the enormous amount of classless fans he attracts. I'm not talking about on sherdog either, but in person.

I go watch all fights at Bufallo Wild wings and the atmosphere is very chill with a lot of families staying to watch fights and gamesmanship on both sides of the main event but within reason.

When I saw Mcgregor Mendes, I literally saw no less than two dozen fat bearded men I've never seen before. When someone at the bar cheered for Mendes, they threw beer over the wall on him and his wife. Like wtf.

Its a very minimal amount. Has no effect whatsoever. Pacquiao was talking out of his bum :D

Cheers. But they have the Commission agents watching their every move - I assume they take blood samples incase they take something just before a fight? Even if they were to take something before they got to the arena, I'd have thought it'd take time for it to kick in.

The "Irish' pub near my house where the "Irish" "hoods" hangout and drink "Guinness"
is going to be the best place to watch said reactions.

Where is this 'Pub' ? Or is it a Sportsbar whatever they are...

To get UFC on in a pub over here we generally need to go to a pub we know the owners of..

No man, they're ravenous and uninformed while being obsessive .
They are a new breed.

I see. Sort of like Rogan when Rousey was walking out at 190 and the fans were trying to touch her because she is a mythical like figure? :eek:

I know what you mean. It happens all the time when a new breed of fans latch on to someone like Conor. I'm sure the Irish lads will tell you he's either hit or miss over here. And be rest assured, a good portion of those Irish fans who went to Vegas went primarily for the piss up & the sun. It happened when our football team qualified for the European Championship - crowds were poor in the qualifying games, but the supporters were happy to go over to Poland and drink cheap beer. I think it happens in a lot of countries/sports, though.

i agree this fight will be over quick and Aldo won't have to suffer much since the goat will be taking that head clean awf

The confidence!! I like it, Aldo always has a very cool and sure confidence about himself.

I see. Sort of like Rogan when Rousey was walking out at 190 and the fans were trying to touch her because she is a mythical like figure? :eek:

I know what you mean. It happens all the time when a new breed of fans latch on to someone like Conor. I'm sure the Irish lads will tell you he's either hit or miss over here. And be rest assured, a good portion of those Irish fans who went to Vegas went primarily for the piss up & the sun. It happened when our football team qualified for the European Championship - crowds were poor in the qualifying games, but the supporters were happy to go over to Poland and drink cheap beer. I think it happens in a lot of countries/sports, though.

I am having a bit of fun they're not all insufferable.
If he brings him to Mma that is great.
However many of them seem to only follow mma though him, so any other fights and fighters are inconsequential.
So it when you get someone with a very narrow view of Mma calling the only fighter they watch the "Goat" or best striker in Mma or any other hyperbole, it gets old fast.

But like you said fans that attach themselves to people as soon as they begin to win is universal.

lol at those thinking Conor is in Aldo's head, or even those thinking Aldo is scared. Just lol. He was random training boxing classes at the gym last week (hes a reallly nice guy to train with, gives you all kinds of hints, positioning and stuff) and in the end, people taking photos and stuff, someone asked about conor fight and if he was scared. Man, he laughed like he heard the best joke of his life, then he explained himself "Im much faster. Trade a few punches, first bad rotation im in, td, gnp, either a tko or sub. Done. Probably a 1st round, 2nd at most". And if he said so, thats where my money will be.

Where is this 'Pub' ? Or is it a Sportsbar whatever they are...

To get UFC on in a pub over here we generally need to go to a pub we know the owners of..

Its in Canada.
A few pubs broadcast the major fights.

The confidence!! I like it, Aldo always has a very cool and sure confidence about himself.

It sounds like Aldo courting the Brazilian media. He speaks openly about his lack of pay, the Conor fight & Reebok deal when he's back in Brazil. Once Dana is standing beside him he doesn't seem as confident in his opinions.

It'd be cool if he fought once in a while.

Conor is gonna knock him out. Aldo is making the mistake of not respecting Conor's abilities in the least bit. He's gonna get tagged, and when he does, it'll be too damn late for him to do anything about it other than go to sleep.

Back