Aldo on McGregor fight: "It's gonna be over asap so that no one suffers"

WAR ALDO
20140130120523_5D3_8970.JPG

I hope he heals up well and get himself ready for a great fight with the GOAT.

Sounds like he is going to put Conor on his back and tap him out. That's cool with me.

"On being pulled out of 189"

That's a funny way of putting it, as it was Aldo who pulled out and not him being pulled out.

But good to see his rib is healing up just fine. Now he just gotta work on being available for those random tests and not spilling his urin while they're conducted.

Probably trying to play mind games; in an interview a while back when he said he'd take an IV, even though they'll be banned by then, and how would anyone know if he took one if he waited till later and done it in his hotel room that was the first genuine time I nearly believed he doesn't want this fight. But I think he'll wind himself up more than Conor making comments like that.

Helwanil brought that up with the UFC's "VP of athlete health and performance" on the show yesterday who said they can test if someone has taken one after the weigh ins. Assume they can detect it by a urine sample - drawing blood wouldn't be the best thing a little over 24 hours before the fight, shirley.

Aldo is not weak minded. If he was, he wouldn't be a champ. The only head that McGregor messed up is his fans. His fans will believe that he can walk on water if McGregor claims it.

I never said Aldo was weak minded. Conor got under his skin from the off. And when you watched the vlogs you could see many instances of Aldo being fatigued by the trip and just being around Conor. Fuck, I'm sure Conor's sparring partner was on the brink as well.

Don't worry, Aldo is human like the rest of us. He can have his buttons pushed, too. I look forward to him all of a sudden "unleashing the beast" for this fight that he hasn't really done since he came into the UFC.

I never said Aldo was weak minded. Conor got under his skin from the off. And when you watched the vlogs you could see many instances of Aldo being fatigued by the trip and just being around Conor. Fuck, I'm sure Conor's sparring partner was on the brink as well.

Don't worry, Aldo is human like the rest of us. He can have his buttons pushed, too. I look forward to him all of a sudden "unleashing the beast" for this fight that he hasn't really done since he came into the UFC.

Yes, I believe that Connor will bring the beast out in him. At least I'm hoping.

Aldo getting laid out in the first confirmed. Quick and clean.

drawing blood wouldn't be the best thing a little over 24 hours before the fight, shirley.

You know they do blood tests pre-fight, sometimes an hour before the fight?

Yes, I believe that Connor will bring the beast out in him. At least I'm hoping.

I think the weight cut now Aldo is getting older is what makes him more hesitant to go full blast like he did in the WEC. And, of course, a lot of fighters when they become Champion seem more prone to defending the belt, rather than going out-right for the win.

Remember the state he was in before the Hominick fight when he done that Q&A with all the current Champions at that time. He probably learned from that, as he hasn't looked that bad during a weigh in since then. I think if he does the usual of coming in on the Monday or 10 days before the fight, that can't help things.

And listen; just because I want Conor to win doesn't mean I hate or dislike Aldo. I'm just putting out there some of the pluses out there I think favour Conor. But it's a fight, anything can happen.

I like McGregor's fighting style, but I detest his fanboys. So much, that I want Aldo to destroy him and humiliate him just to see their reactions. War Aldo.

You know they do blood tests pre-fight, sometimes an hour before the fight?

I didn't. I only questioned whether it wasn't the best thing for fighters because of the Mayweather & Pacquiao back and forth over blood testing and Pacquiao saying it would drain him. Obviously they're not going to draw litres of blood out of them, but just thought it had an effect on fighters.

I like McGregor's fighting style, but I detest his fanboys. So much, that I want Aldo to destroy him and humiliate him just to see their reactions. War Aldo.

The "Irish' pub near my house where the "Irish" "hoods" hangout and drink "Guinness"
is going to be the best place to watch said reactions.

Haha. How are Conor fans "fanboys" in comparison to a fan of any other fighter? You don't think the "GOAT" or "McGreGOAT" comments are more taking the piss than anything?

I didn't. I only questioned whether it wasn't the best thing for fighters because of the Mayweather & Pacquiao back and forth over blood testing and Pacquiao saying it would drain him. Obviously they're not going to draw litres of blood out of them, but just thought it had an effect on fighters.

Its a very minimal amount. Has no effect whatsoever. Pacquiao was talking out of his bum :D

Haha. How are Conor fans "fanboys" in comparison to a fan of any other fighter? You don't think the "GOAT" or "McGreGOAT" comments are more taking the piss than anything?
I'm talking about the legit fanboys. Not the trolls.

Back