Aldo needs to keep quiet

BlastoiseDad

Al-hamdullilah
@Brown
Reaction score
Imo.

Isn't it an admission a posteriori that his rib was in fact not broken by coming out with his recent "ready to unify" statement? A broken rib would take longer to heal to the point training is possible, while a bruised rib would better fit the timeline. Additionally, the UFC has gone on record stating that their doctors did not find a broken rib; they are hanging their public image on the validity of their statement, and it is reasonable to assume that official medical records were reviewed to come to that conclusion. We have no such official records regarding otherwise from Aldo, period.

I don't know why he keeps talking shit to Conor or puffing his chest on social media. He signed on the dotted line in what was undoubtedly one of the most widely promoted, biggest money-fights of the sport, then failed to show. Conor, despite also being injured, did. I'm not saying he's scared, but his recent antics certainly did not do any favors for his public image. I think what would do best for him and his image would be to lie low, train hard, and speak with his fists inside the octagon; the promotion can resume when the fight is signed.

Pretty sure keeping quiet was what made everyone turn on him and say "He's not marketable".

I have no idea how the UFC can't bill him as "The big bad brazilian".... he's practically a super-villain compared to McGregor in the casual public's eye. Easiest sell around. Just let him stare into the camera while McGregor talks.

Haven't plenty of doctors outside the UFC come out and say it was fractured? Aldo is no doctor and shouldn't be blamed for multiple different conclusions. The issue was fighting, but cutting weight. Aldo always has trouble with cutting weight, and with a broken rib he felt like he wouldn't have made weight.

p4p #1 fighter in the world.

and he should keep quiet.

That's the sherdog fanbase, I guess

Well aside from the fact that there are images that have been released by Aldo's team showing a fracture as well as the only Dr. we know that examined Aldo personally going on record and saying Aldo's rib was fractured......then yes we have no other official records from Aldo.

Why should the champ keep quite? He has let his fists do the talking plenty already. He's got nothing to prove, and he will fight again.

Talk away, he's earned it. More so than Conor and he doesnt shut up.

Well, I can't say I know much about broken ribs but every single source on the front page of google when I looked up "how long till fractured ribs heal" say about six weeks which is the exact timetable we have here so.. you know.. eat shit.

W/E. He's the real king, not the Sheeple's Champ

God you Aldo haters are such pussies.

Heaven forbid the guy look out for his health and his ability to fight uninjured. Heaven forbid he take the ufc to task for their treatment of fighters and obviously biased marketing.

I hope he continues to dominate more marketable fighters, because I'm a fight fan and I don't care about a fighter's selling value, I care about the best fighting the best.

He'll say whatever he feels like and no amount of McGregor fans complaints because he ruined their special night can change that.

Imo.

Isn't it an admission a posteriori that his rib was in fact not broken by coming out with his recent "ready to unify" statement? A broken rib would take longer to heal to the point training is possible, while a bruised rib would better fit the timeline. Additionally, the UFC has gone on record stating that their doctors did not find a broken rib; they are hanging their public image on the validity of their statement, and it is reasonable to assume that official medical records were reviewed to come to that conclusion. We have no such official records regarding otherwise from Aldo, period.

I don't know why he keeps talking shit to Conor or puffing his chest on social media. He signed on the dotted line in what was undoubtedly one of the most widely promoted, biggest money-fights of the sport, then failed to show. Conor, despite also being injured, did. I'm not saying he's scared, but his recent antics certainly did not do any favors for his public image. I think what would do best for him and his image would be to lie low, train hard, and speak with his fists inside the octagon; the promotion can resume when the fight is signed.

Show me legitimate evidence that Conor's knee was injured.

p4p #1 fighter in the world.

and he should keep quiet.

That's the sherdog fanbase, I guess

A guy who looks like a skeleton when he weighs in? A guy who is almost always bigger than his opponents? A guy with definitely not amazing cardio? A guy who lost quite a few rounds in his latest fights?
That is not what p4p means.
Demetrious Johnson is the #1 p4p.

After the Mendes vs Connor fight I'm even more confident that Aldo is going to tool McGoober.

Okay maybe the term 'tool' is a little much.

He will destroy Connor's authentic replica belt.

I don't think Aldo ever refuted Dana's claim that the broken rib in the pic was an old injury.

maybe we just need to face the fact that aldo might be scared of conor. can't really blame aldo though, after all conor grew up on the streets of dublin.

Hes the champion, he can say what he wants.

You're right. He should totally listen to internet haters with Pok

A guy who looks like a skeleton when he weighs in? A guy who is almost always bigger than his opponents? A guy with definitely not amazing cardio? A guy who lost quite a few rounds in his latest fights?
That is not what p4p means.
Demetrious Johnson is the #1 p4p.

OK fine, in your little world that can be as true as you wish to fantasize.

Out here, in the rest of the world, he is the undisputed #1 p4p fighter. He is also the longest reigning UFC champion and undefeated for ten years.

Suck it.

Show me legitimate evidence that Conor's knee was injured.

Pure hearsay, but Mighty Mouse said in an interview that Conor had been rehabing his knee at some point earlier this year. I don't know why he would lie about it.

Back