Aldo | McGregor II

What do you make of Mendes then?

Dude went from one of the best in the world after the Aldo/Lamas fights to getting KO'd back to back
then suspended for 2 years.
Edgar Ko'd Mendes with a perfectly placed shot, but honestly up until then I though Mendes looked to be winning slightly, I think Chad beats Frankie more often than not.

Yeah, I don't see Aldo ever getting Conor to the ground.

Aldo and Conor on the ground? Dam that would be crazy as hell to watch

Is Conor just a glorified brown belt or whatever he is in JJ?
No he's a brown belt in the same way every other brown belt is.

If anything Conor has the least glorified brown belt since so many think he's terrible on the ground.

I think he was shook.

Not of Conor, but of the idea of losing to Conor.

He even said it himself, that he'd have no problem with losing to
anybody else but he couldn't stand the idea of losing to McGregor.

That put too much pressure on him.

Imagine the pressure of not losing to him twice after another barrage of verbal attacks and whatnot.

Imagine the pressure of not losing to him twice after another barrage of verbal attacks and whatnot.

I am not joking when I say Jose will need many, many hypnotherapists.

He needs hypnotherapy to make him believe he is the Aldo of old... that everything is in his mind... then we will see the fight that was supposed to happen

I am not joking when I say Jose will need many, many hypnotherapists.

He needs hypnotherapy to make him believe he is the Aldo of old... that everything is in his mind... then we will see the fight that was supposed to happen

I'm not sure if hypnotherapy is the answer. But he definitely needs to see a sports psychologist, if he hasn't already.

I think now it will be different.

He already lost in the most devastating fashion possible and his ten year streak already was ended.

No matter what he does in the rematch, its unlikely itll turn out worse than the first fight.

I think that will take some of the pressure off him.

I think Aldo is a beast but Conor is a great counter striker. I think Conor's style is picture perfect made for beating Aldo honestly.

I think Conor wins this again but that might change if he loses to Nate again. His confidence won't be up there anymore and I think that would affect someone like McGregor

I think Conor would want to cut down to make 170 this time against Nate
He came in at 168 last time
This time he probably wants to be as big as possible and as fast as possible at the same time
Hence, the weight cut for the Aldo rematch is probably going to be brutal
well its his problem and he has to deal with that. he dig that grave for himself and from now on he just goes downhill. he wont make 145 prolly and gonna get destroyed at lw. anyway it seems like the luck of irish already left conor.

I think Aldo will take the rematch.

Conor is 1 hit wonder and he's nowhere of being champion calliber the dude will never accomplish what Aldo done and he will fade leaving the people reminded how delusional this guy once was.

Yeah, I don't see Aldo ever getting Conor to the ground.

Aldo and Conor on the ground? Dam that would be crazy as hell to watch

Is Conor just a glorified brown belt or whatever he is in JJ?
Aldo is a great grappler. If and when it goes to the ground expect him to mount McGreggor easily. He has done it to much better grapplers.

"Aldo was shook--it's true. A champion who defended for almost a decade was shook. I still am baffled how such a dominant champion for so long could have crumbled under mental warfare..." he wasnt shook he came up against the better fighter period.

Decent post overall.

I think Mcgregor will destroy him again, probably be a similar fight to Mcgregor vs Mendes with less time on the ground, but Aldo will surely try to take it there but fail miserably at least twice.

The rematch is so close IMO

The problem for Jose:
Conor isn't scared of his power, he will take a shot in order to time a counter. Mcgregor has knockout power at 145. Aldo could be dodging bullets the entire fight.
Conversely, Conor can take a shot 145, he has shown this.

The problem for Conor:
Jose looked extremely sharp against Franky, and picked up momentum as the fight went on. This is the exact prototype to beat Mcgregor.
Conor stands heavy on the front leg, we all know what Jose is capable of when it comes to punishing that type of stance. The only thing that stopped Jose doing so against Franky was the threat of the takedown, something which he will not be as concerned with in this fight.

Conor beats Nate in the rematch then loses to Aldo. Blames it on weight...again...and gets another instant rematch.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/532041/Jose-Aldo-talks-second-Conor-McGregor-fight

Looks like Nate is gonna have to win if we want to see the Aldo rematch anytime soon.

Reading in another article how Aldo is very worried Conor will never fight at featherweight again.

I doubt that. Conor has never backed down or pulled out of fights so if the fight public demands he fights Aldo, he probably will.

Conor is not the type of guy to ignore everyone calling him out for ducking Aldo--I think they will fight but man that is brutal weight cut for Conor.

Back