Aldo | McGregor II

Aldo easily in the rematch. Reason being simply enough is conors loss to nate. It showed that the seemingly invincible one is actually quite beatable. Hes a mere mortal afterall. Couple this with aldos drive and will to avenge the loss, and we will see a very focused, smart, determined aldo achieve his revenge in a precise and decisive manner. Just my 2 cents.

Affected, not shook. Shook implies fear. Aldo was angry and got careless. Not the same thing, at all.

I think he was shook.

Not of Conor, but of the idea of losing to Conor.

He even said it himself, that he'd have no problem with losing to
anybody else but he couldn't stand the idea of losing to McGregor.

That put too much pressure on him.

everyone McGregor has beaten seems to get much better after.: poirier, holloway have "ascended" as well

What do you make of Mendes then?

Dude went from one of the best in the world after the Aldo/Lamas fights to getting KO'd back to back
then suspended for 2 years.

He always looks at the ground before his fights..
I think he was just tired of the trash talk and tried to end the fight as soon as possible.
He went "all-in" with that punch and Conor countered
perfectly.

TRUE with the head!

seemed different to me though. different movements and he was holding it for longer

I think he was shook.

Not of Conor, but of the idea of losing to Conor.

He even said it himself, that he'd have no problem with losing to
anybody else but he couldn't stand the idea of losing to McGregor.

That put too much pressure on him.

EXACTLY. thank you for articulating this perfectly

I think Conor would want to cut down to make 170 this time against Nate
He came in at 168 last time
This time he probably wants to be as big as possible and as fast as possible at the same time
Hence, the weight cut for the Aldo rematch is probably going to be brutal

BRUTAL!!!!

Man

Aldo looked so fucking good against Edgar on the counter.

I feel if Aldo refuses to engage and plays an entirely defensive and counter style kickboxing match he will win.

Conor gets sloppy, and his weakest aspect is his offensive game. Conor is a much better counter fighter than he is offensive fighter.

Conor could be baited into that offensive mode if Aldo refuses to engage. Conor has a tendency to get a little bit of an ego rush when he's in the cage.

But you know, Conor's greatest aspect is his ability to counter you so well. That could happen at any moment to Aldo within the fight and get slept. But those chances dwindle fast if McGregor starts to get tired which he has a history of doing.

I really hope this rematch is going to be everything that we expected the first fight to be.

With Aldo coming in calm and smart because he needs to do everything perfectly to win and that might not even be enough.

Man

I feel if Aldo refuses to engage and plays an entirely defensive and counter style kickboxing match he will win.

Conor gets sloppy, and his weakest aspect is his offensive game. Conor is a much better counter fighter than he is offensive fighter.

Conor could be baited into that offensive mode if Aldo refuses to engage. Conor has a tendency to get a little bit of an ego rush when he's in the cage.

But you know, Conor's greatest aspect is his ability to counter you so well. That could happen at any moment to Aldo within the fight and get slept. But those chances dwindle fast if McGregor starts to get tired which he has a history of doing.

Conor actually initiated the first (and only) exchange in the first fight and ended up landing a tip kick on Aldo's knee and a straight left.

Aldo is excellent against short wrestlers but struggles against pressure strikers.

Kavanagh Bless

Man

Man

he did look VERY good against Frankie

Aldo will probably never KO Conor, but he can def. beat Conor

Conor actually initiated the first (and only) exchange in the first fight and ended up landing a tip kick on Aldo's knee and a straight left.

That doesn't mean shit dude. The fight was literally 13 seconds. The only part of that fight that matters is the punch that landed on Aldo's dome.

That doesn't mean shit dude. The fight was literally 13 seconds. The only part of that fight that matters is the punch that landed on Aldo's dome.

Conor does pursue fighters when they're stepping back is my point.

he was landing straight lefts all night on Siver and he was the one that was walking him down.

Affected, not shook. Shook implies fear. Aldo was angry and got careless. Not the same thing, at all.
I disagree, Aldo had fear, so did Conor for that matter...

Fear is a natural part of fighting, it keeps you alert.

Conor won the fight due to his superior composure, he seen Aldo's strike coming and threw his counter, it's what he does, Aldo has thrown the same punch loads of times, it's just that no one else has been capable of making him pay.

I expect the rematch will go longer and be quite even for a while but end the same way eventually, It's simply not smart to trade with Conor.

Aldo's best chance would be to wrestle, but I don't think he'd be able to get Conor down easily or hold him down hen he did.

Great fight though.

Conor does pursue fighters when they're stepping back is my point.

he was landing straight lefts all night on Siver and he was the one that was walking him down.

This is Aldo we're talking about, not 40 year old Siver homie.

Conor was inside aldo'd head the first time around. What do you think happens with another world tour after conor stiffened him in 13 seconds?

Surely we need to look after Aldo's mental state.

Conor would obliterate him again and aldo would retire. He'd spend his days sucking his thumb by the window of his favela

I disagree, Aldo had fear, so did Conor for that matter...

Fear is a natural part of fighting, it keeps you alert.

Conor won the fight due to his superior composure, he seen Aldo's strike coming and threw his counter, it's what he does, Aldo has thrown the same punch loads of times, it's just that no one else has been capable of making him pay.

I expect the rematch will go longer and be quite even for a while but end the same way eventually, It's simply not smart to trade with Conor.

Aldo's best chance would be to wrestle, but I don't think he'd be able to get Conor down easily or hold him down hen he did.

Great fight though.

Yeah, I don't see Aldo ever getting Conor to the ground.

Aldo and Conor on the ground? Dam that would be crazy as hell to watch

Is Conor just a glorified brown belt or whatever he is in JJ?

Back