Aldo | McGregor II

beautifulDestruction

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Shock and awe the first time around.

Aldo was shook--it's true. A champion who defended for almost a decade was shook. I still am baffled how such a dominant champion for so long could have crumbled under mental warfare...

Aldo loaded up on that hook and Conor's precise timing got the KO.
-------------
Regardless of the outcome of Diaz/McGregor II, there will be massive interest in Aldo/McGregor II.

We all know most pros think Diaz is gonna whoop that ass again and I happen to agree, but who really knows right?

Conor has done more unexpected things in his career than beat Nate Diaz, so who knows?
--------------

Still... who you got for Aldo | McGregor II if they both stay healthy and active?

More importantly, why are you picking this fighter to win?

Can McGregor pull off a healthy weight cut to 145?

Aldo looked ready for revenge after the Frankie fight. Will he whoop that McGregor ass and get his vengeance?

Aldo seems like a man who is going to get his revenge. He seems to be in a place mentally now that Conor will not be able to crack.

Thoughts?

I love Aphex Twin too is my only thought regarding this thread.

giphy.gif

12 seconds this time, though.

Conor gets wrecked by both and then loses to Frankie in a contender fight.

Affected, not shook. Shook implies fear. Aldo was angry and got careless. Not the same thing, at all.

Affected, not shook. Shook implies fear. Aldo was angry and got careless. Not the same thing, at all.

TRUE
he was a little bit shook though no? him looking down at the ground... all fidgety. he usually comes in without a care in the world. he seemed like he had a lot of cares before McGregor

he was uncomfortable. not scared, but uncomfortable. the expectation from his people to shut the loud mouth up.

UNCOMFORTABLE

Scale beats Conor before the fight ever happens.

Aldo is gonna smoke Conor. His loss to him made him ascend to the next level. This is gonna be GSP-Serra 1 & 2 all over again. Come at me fanboys.

All in on Aldo. Jose learned a big lesson from Conor and will show him how devastating his timing is in the rematch.

I expected a great fight the first around and was let down. I expect much more of a fight next time

i don't believe conor can healthily make 145 again

TRUE
he was a little bit shook though no? him looking down at the ground... all fidgety. he usually comes in without a care in the world. he seemed like he had a lot of cares before McGregor

he was uncomfortable. not scared, but uncomfortable. the expectation from his people to shut the loud mouth up.

UNCOMFORTABLE
He always looks at the ground before his fights..
I think he was just tired of the trash talk and tried to end the fight as soon as possible.
He went "all-in" with that punch and Conor countered
perfectly.

Aldo is gonna smoke Conor. His loss to him made him ascend to the next level. This is gonna be GSP-Serra 1 & 2 all over again. Come at me fanboys.

everyone McGregor has beaten seems to get much better after.: poirier, holloway have "ascended" as well

I think Conor would want to cut down to make 170 this time against Nate
He came in at 168 last time
This time he probably wants to be as big as possible and as fast as possible at the same time
Hence, the weight cut for the Aldo rematch is probably going to be brutal

Back