Media Aldo interview for those that didn't see

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gambit MMA, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Red Belt

Great interview, just turn on captions. Some cliff's:

- Ideal scenario for him is to win next 2 fights and then fight for the belt at the end of the year in his last fight

- He speaks about retiring at end of 2019 but is really trying to focus on 1 fight at a time despite eyeing the belt

- He did say he felt like he fought stupid in the Holloway rematch, acknowledges the first fight was on short notice and did his best, but he feels in the rematch he went away from what he trained for and made some mistakes. Still gives Max his props

- Moicano is nothing he hasn't seen before, and he also realizes Moicano is trying to make a name off of him.

- After this fight he wants to fight on next Brazil card in May, he wants these 3 last fights all in Brazil

- Originally was going to fight Cub but he got injured, Moicano was on a list of 10 or so guys Aldo said he would fight. Moicano also being Brazilian didn't factor into his decision. He will fight anyone that's not on his team regardless of flag.

- Agreed to fight Michael Johnson right away, doesn't say why it didn't happen but I assume the timing and wanting to be on this card

- Moicano apparently said he feels like he fights similar to Holloway, Aldo says they have 2 different styles and has trained entirely different in preparation for Moicano than when he prepared for Max.

- He was very upset with BJ's loss to Hall, said BJ trained the defense on that heel hook in the gym and did it right, but in the fight he made a mistake.

- Says he is financially set for early retirement, he has planned for this and has money saved up to chill with his family

- If he ever returns from retirement similar to how GSP did, it only be for UFC. You will never see Aldo in another promotion. Says he is grateful for the UFC/WEC and all that they did for him.

I'm done, watch the interview mfers

2. FlyingDeathKick

FlyingDeathKick Black Belt

I thought he just recently said he didn't want to fight for the belt anymore?

3. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Red Belt

He kinda explained it like it's not his main goal or be all end all goal that he has, but a dream scenario so to speak is to retire end of 2019 with the belt. Whether he gets a shot obviously is the question because Max has 2 wins over him. Unless Max moves up hard to imagine Aldo getting a crack

FlyingDeathKick likes this.
  4. FlyingDeathKick

FlyingDeathKick Black Belt

Yeah I can see Max moving up soon and hope he does after a couple more defenses. Right now 155 is a bit of a cluster fuck, I hope Khabib isn't suspended for too long.

Gambit MMA likes this.
  5. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Red Belt

I think for me I'd like to see him fight and beat Volkanovski or Zabit and then the title shot. Whether its Max or a vacant belt vs another top guy like Volk/Zabit/Ortega if those guys are coming off wins.