Aldo deserving of the flak he gets for pulling out? The numbers...

Let's stop with the bullshit once and for all.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/7...t-of-fighters-who-pull-out-of-the-most-fights

a few popular names for those too lazy to read:

Jose Aldo 6 (28 fights) ratio 4,67
Jon Jones 5 (23 fights) ratio 4,6
Anthony Pettis 5 (25 fights) ratio 5
Josh Thomson 5 (31 fights) ratio 6,2
Luke Rockhold 5 (18 fights) ratio 3,6
Tarec Saffiedine 5 (21 fights) ratio 4,2
Alistair Overeem 5 (41 fights) ratio 8,2
Georges St. Pierre 4 (27 fights) ratio 6,75
Frank Mir 4 (29 fights) ratio 7.25
Rory MacDonald 4 (22 fights) ratio 5,5

So Aldo has only pulled out of one more fight than Jones, Pettis, Rockhold, Saffiedine, two more than St-Pierre and Mir.

The frequency of the injuries has increased later in his career, but this is very normal considering increased wear and tear as a career progresses and also the fact that training for and competing in 5 round title defenses is more taxing on the body.

The important part though, is pullout-to-fights ratio. Looking at those numbers, the hypocrisy of the posters bashing Aldo is revealed; no one on this list has ever gotten a fraction of the criticism that Aldo has been getting over the past year, and yet:

Jones' is slightly worse
Rockhold's is much worse
Pettis' and Rory's are only slightly better
Take my advise and shut da fuck up

Weak. Take your bait and your tired gimmick elsewhere.
It's okay, I wouldn't respond either if I had nothing to say. You're no different to a poster using the diaz gif as a response.

You: It's just numbers...
Me: 2 examples of cheating (1 potentially changing the outcome of a fight), 1 of him getting decapitated, and 1 of him coming off like a coward.
You: bait...

I expect better from a mod. I suppose not everyone can be Homeless Infant. Hard to get decent conversations on sherdog if you're setting that standard.

I don't care to the point of repeating myself beyond what I've already done and further breaking down stats a primary school kid could understand. Sorry. If someone brings up some new/decent points I'll answer but that's it. I'm not getting paid for this.

Then good luck convincing ppl because your grade school level stats are garbage and irrelevant.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/7...t-of-fighters-who-pull-out-of-the-most-fights

So Aldo has only pulled out of one more fight than Jones, Pettis, Rockhold, Saffiedine, two more than St-Pierre and Mir.

The frequency of the injuries has increased later in his career, but this is very normal considering increased wear and tear as a career progresses and also the fact that training for and competing in 5 round title defenses is more taxing on the body.

The important part though, is pullout-to-fights ratio. Looking at those numbers, the hypocrisy of the posters bashing Aldo is revealed; no one on this list has ever gotten a fraction of the criticism that Aldo has been getting over the past year, and yet:

Jones' is slightly worse
Rockhold's is much worse
Rockhold and AKA in general get plenty of flack for their injuries, Aldo deserves the flack a champ fights 2 times a year and Aldo pulled out of 5 fights in the UFC as Champ. Pettis has been flamed plenty of times about his injuries. Aldo as a champ should be training smarter. Aldo has had 9 UFC fights and pulled out of 5, how many other fighters do that? None

Then good luck convincing ppl because your grade school level stats are garbage and irrelevant.

Yeah, I thought as much. You are too lazy/entrenched to bother. Zero fucks given.

Jones' is slightly worse
Rockhold's is much worse

This is why ppl in an **UFC** subforum get upset at Aldo. Look what he has done in the last 5.5 years in the UFC. It's a bit ridiculous don't you think?

UFC Fights
Jose Aldo 5 (9 fights) ratio 1.8

^ this was edited for proper math

Last edited:
Aldo has 9 ufc fights over the last 6 1/4 years. how many times has he pulled out?

if you are trying to line up a fight with aldo today, you're a lot less concerned with his reliability 7+ years ago

Uh, I mentioned pull outs. Maybe read the entire comment before going for the zinger. And as far as pull outs and being a hypocrite go, well....

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...-he-gets-for-pulling-out-the-numbers.3422939/
Thats total nonsense, how many title fights has Aldo had in the UFC and WEC, about 7 and how many pull outs, 5. You can drag up stats from when he was an amateur if you like cause it means just as much as the shit on the link you just posted. no one has ever given Aldo shit for pulling out of non title fights and this is the argument that the TS used and tried to back it up by using stats from the beginning of his career. You guys would cling to any bullshit as long as it goes along with what suits you, if it was McGregor you would be shitting on him from on high for the exact same thing.

Jose Aldo 6

So what you're saying is that Aldo's pulled out of more fights than anybody else... And that this somehow proves that he DOESN'T pull out of a lot of fights???

v9Mlqw.gif

If that's still so bad then why did you need to pretend he pulls out much more often than that in the first place?

BTW including WEC drops it to about 25%.
Semantics battles are boring

Rockhold and AKA in general get plenty of flack for their injuries, Aldo deserves the flack a champ fights 2 times a year and Aldo pulled out of 5 fights in the UFC as Champ. Pettis has been flamed plenty of times about his injuries. Aldo as a champ should be training smarter. Aldo has had 9 UFC fights and pulled out of 5, how many other fighters do that? None

Look at that Bloody Elbow page and tell me. Check GSP, Jones and Aldo's number of defenses vs number of pull-outs. Simple math..

Yeah, I thought as much. You are too lazy/entrenched to bother. Zero fucks given.

Yes zero fucks given.

But I'm not hearing any denial towards your flawed stats. Also, you made this thread, champ. Technically you're supposed to care more about it. I'm not the one trying to convince others that Aldo isn't a pussy.

This is why ppl in an **UFC** subforum get upset at Aldo. Look what he has done in the last 5.5 years in the UFC. It's a bit ridiculous don't you think?

UFC Fights

Now do Jones' and GSP's pullouts/defenses using your proper math.

Now do Jones' and GSP's pullouts/defenses using your proper math.

You. :p

Oh and I edited my previous post because I did the math wrong. That's why I said it was edited for proper math. Wasn't a jibe at you man.

UFC Fights

Shut it DOWN. SHUT IT DOWN

I don't know what you're on about with Aldo's 14 UFC fights. So what is that?

If you show up to 9 fights and pull out of 5 fights then you were scheduled for 14 fights and showed up to most of them.

This has been today's lesson in basic math.

Back