Aldo confirms he'll retire this year

Aldo will be missed by many, he was a fantastic fighter.

To be truthful Jose Aldo could be a good coach and a better mentor because
he has one thing that some people in that role don't have in cage experience.

The GOAT will be missed. Glad to see his heads in the right place.

images

ContentPeacefulAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Conor

Says a green belt rtd
What does belt color even mean? I’ve watched mma since 94 but because my sherdog belt color is green that’s a dis? Yeah you’re more fucking retarded then I thought. Seek help

What does belt color even mean? I’ve watched mma since 94 but because my sherdog belt color is green that’s a dis? Yeah you’re more fucking retarded then I thought. Seek help
Triggered pussy
Got dominated just like so called "goat"

Great way to take/get damage.

Competitively unmotivated, motived by a last pay check.

He looked great last fight. A lot of fighters think they can make another run late in their careers after a solid performance. Aldo seems to have a date he plans on sticking with. I respect that. It’s a better ending than many legends have chose to accept.

Dude, I KNOW height and size are not the same, that is actually why I am saying he looked like a flywieght against Max. As long as Max and his ilk walk the lands of 145, Aldo will be very undersized.
Mcgregor and Aldo both walk 170
Holloway is 185
Aldo is a pretty big featherweight

One of my all time favorite fighters. Watching WEC Aldo is it happened was truly a pleasure!

Respect to him, I loved Aldo in WEC, not so much in UFC though because his fights were much more lackluster and he wasn't the same in my opinion. But he is still FW GOAT for sure and a great fighter. I still watch all those old WEC shows on fightpass now and again, he was so epic in that period

Wow, 3 fights this year? I wonder if he manages do to that.

Much hespect to the FW GOAT. Will be a sad day when he retires, but better early than late.

I think the timing couldn’t be better. Enjoyed a long reign. Lost. Regained his title. Then passed the torch the new king of the division. Great win over Stephens. Can still retire a winner while leaving the belt behind in the hands of a dominant, defending champion. He’s at the right place in his career. Probably not championship caliber anymore, but still near the top. Great career for a great champion.

Damn.

One of my all time favourites but this is the right move I think. Moicano/Ortega/McGregor anyone?

No one did it with more dignity than Scarface

His run was amazing, the mainstream casual mma fans don’t respect him enough because of his losses to Holloway and McGregor.

GOAT in mma is basically subjective everybody has their take on who is the greatest, Aldo belongs up there.

Subjectively my GOATs are (in no particular order)

Aldo
Silva
Jones
GSP
Fedor
B.J.
DJ
DC

Aldo’s run was one of the best ever, hall of fame career, truly one of the greats of mma.

enjoy your retirement bro.
you deserve living the rest of your days being a family man and not getting punched in the head.

after these last 3 W's of course.

Back