Aldo becoming two division champ

Bazooka1**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't wanna jump to conclusions cuz Aldo has his rematch with Mendes who will imo give Aldo a tough fight but he's pretty much clean out the fw division.

I know a Pettis fight won't happen until mid or even late 2015 but let's say they finally meet and Aldo beats Pettis to become lw champ. Where do you think that would put him as far as legacy?

Unlike in boxing becoming a multi division champ is uncommon in mma only a few have done it.

Obviously I'm biased but I feel Aldo is without adoubt the most complete and talented fighter in mma today. But as we all know its always tougher for the lighter weight guys to get there props.

Aldo to me is the Mayweather of mma he hardly takes punishment but unlike Floyd he does have the ability to take you out with a single blow. If he meets Pettis and beats him I feel he will have place alongside The all time greats Anderson and Fedor.

I think he can do it

Aldo's a pretty cool guy who fights people and doesn't afraid of anything

He'd also beat the shit out of Pettis.

But I honestly think that Mendes is going to beat him and ruin this thread's premise.

Both Aldo and Barao can do it. Barao more easily than Aldo IMO. Big fan of both.

Aldo's a pretty cool guy who fights people and doesn't afraid of anything

He'd also beat the shit out of Pettis.

But I honestly think that Mendes is going to beat him and ruin this thread's premise.

Highly doubt that's gonna happen.

Yes it will be a challeng but Aldo is just too skilled and overall too complete for Mended to beat him.

Highly doubt that's gonna happen.

Yes it will be a challeng but Aldo is just too skilled and overall too complete for Mended to beat him.

Disagree, think Mendes will pull him down and beat his cardio out of him. Mendes has done nothing but improve since their last fight, and I don't think Jose has at all...

We'll see though!

Disagree, think Mendes will pull him down and beat his cardio out of him. Mendes has done nothing but improve since their last fight, and I don't think Jose has at all...

We'll see though!

If he thinks his striking improved to the point he can hang with Aldo on the feet he is pretty much fucked. The only way I see him winning this fight is laying on Aldo for 5 rounds.

Aldo ain't fucking with Pettis

Actually mendes didn't look all that in his last fight.

If he stands with Aldo he gets murdered and I dnt see him taking him down for 5 rds straight.

I wish he'd go back to the Aldo of old. His fights are starting to get boring and predictable. He clearly wins the first 3 rounds with his superior Muay Thai after which he starts to gas, the 4th round is close, then he loses the 5th. He's clearly winning the fights, but it's not exactly impressive. I wish he'd go back to being aggressive and murking fools.

Maybe he needs to move up to 155. His gassing issues seem to be in his head at 145. He's pacing himself to avoid gassing and still gasses.

Aldo doesn't gas. His pace slows in the later rounds yes, but that's not gassing. Aldo's cardio has looked fine aside from the Hominick fight, really. Rogan just constantly goes off on tangents on how Aldo gasses all the time and people believe him.

If he thinks his striking improved to the point he can hang with Aldo on the feet he is pretty much fucked. The only way I see him winning this fight is laying on Aldo for 5 rounds.

Yeah, that's true enough.

I do think that his striking has improved enough to stand long enough to allow some takedowns, though.

He also just is a lot more explosive and athletic now in general, plus his stand up has looked just stellar. With all due respect, comparatively Jose has kind of looked like crap lately.

Aldo doesn't gas. His pace slows in the later rounds yes, but that's not gassing. Aldo's cardio has looked fine aside from the Hominick fight, really. Rogan just constantly goes off on tangents on how Aldo gasses all the time and people believe him.

If "pace slowing" = slowing to the point that he begins to lose the fight, then I agree. Early in fights, he's clearly the superior fighters. As the fight wears on, that gap usually narrows to the point where his opponent actually begins to get the better of him. I call that gassing.

If "pace slowing" = slowing to the point that he begins to lose the fight, then I agree. Early in fights, he's clearly the superior fighters. As the fight wears on, that gap usually narrows to the point where his opponent actually begins to get the better of him. I call that gassing.

I agree that the gap narrows. He lost the last round against Lamas (he didn't even look gassed though, Lamas just got him on his back) and against Hominick in which he did look gassed in the 5th. Other than that, I don't really see where this Aldo has bad cardio thing comes from. He fought well to the final bell against Faber, Edgar and Florian and didn't lose the final round to any of them (arguably to Edgar, the last round was close)

Aldo and barao are the only guys Id give a shot at doing this, and I think its pretty likely both do. Aldo isnt cutting much at all though for fw, so I wouldnt put his cardio issues down to the cut

Aldo and barao are the only guys Id give a shot at doing this, and I think its pretty likely both do. Aldo isnt cutting much at all though for fw, so I wouldnt put his cardio issues down to the cut

He's talked about the cut to 145 is starting be difficult for him. I think he's cutting more than you think.

Pettis has better kickboxing than Aldo as long as he is 155 LB champ Aldo ain't winning.

As long as he doesn't overlook any opponents he has a great opportunity to achieve a lot. First he must get past Mendes and a couple more FW's and maybe he might move. You never know if a ton of FW talent comes up in a year then he might want to stay but we'll see.

Back