Aldo and Barao are not the same!

Capitano4

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Why do people act like Aldo and Renan are the exakt same fighters?? Just because they're both dominant and train together doesn't mean that they're the same. Their styles are different from each other.
For example, Aldo's boxing is sooo much better, the way he uses the jab is masterful. And let's not talk about Aldos defense which together with Pettis is the best in MMA right now...

I'm not counting Chad out of this fight at all, even if I believe Aldo will win. What I'm trying to say is stop saying Aldo will lose because Barao lost!

I agree. Aldo's boxing is light years ahead of Barao's, and so is his fight IQ.
I still don't get why Barao didn't use his leg kicks. Especially considering TJ's moment was a major factor in the fight.

I think Barao has a slightly better boxing to be honest. Look at the gif against Faber. He looked fantastic. He puts a lot of power behind his punches (rotates his body), which cannot be said about Aldo.

He just run into a smarter fighter who didn't engage in a lot of exchanges. TJ fought a perfect gameplan - stay on the outside and wait for the counter. It really frustrated barao and perplexed his timing.

Just wait until McGregoat exposes him.

Barao has the superior killer instinct and gas tank but in terms of technique Aldo is lightyears beyond him (and pretty much every one else in the sport).

Barao has the superior killer instinct and gas tank but in terms of technique Aldo is lightyears beyond him (and pretty much every one else in the sport).

No way Barao has superior killer instinct than Aldo. He might not finish as much as he used to but that's because the sport has evolved and guys are more well rounded. Certainly I agree with you technique wise Aldo is king. Aldo is way faster and has much better timing as well.

Before last fight a lot of people thought Barao was better just because he had better and more exciting results lately. Don't know how Aldo would react if someone just began beating him up though.

I still don't get why Barao didn't use his leg kicks. Especially considering TJ's moment was a major factor in the fight.

A lot of fighters aren't confident enough to throw them against strong wrestlers, besides TJ never stood still so it would've been to land any significant leg kicks

I agree TS.

It's like saying TJ anf Faber are the same fighter because they train together

Because TJ also using them

Only a lot faster

dillashaw would beat aldo as well. Regardless they're very different fighters and aldo keeps getting shit talked about him because they share a gym

dillashaw would beat aldo as well. Regardless they're very different fighters and aldo keeps getting shit talked about him because they share a gym
Loool. Aldo would break him and take TJs soul...

Back