Aldana (12) vs. Pudilova (13) was what WMMA should be

When Invicta still had talent and were running at the same time as the UFC's women, I usually found their fights more entertaining. I think the women really benefit from the smaller cage.
Invicta still has talent; they just don’t stay there long because the UFC poached them for late replacements. I wish UFC would leave Invicta alone for a year so they could really build their roster up.

Would you have watched them in Invicta?

I've watched Invicta from time to time. Not recently since it's pretty much been gutted. I've watched 2-3 of Aldana's Invicta fights and almost every Tonya Evinger title defense. Michelle Waterson vs. Jessica Penne was one of my top-3 favorite fights that year.

I thought it was sloppy as hell. Not that I could do better but it looked like two Cindy Dandoises playing rock em sock em robots. That's not high level anything.

Pudiova is nuts.

i tweeted before the fight started that I loved Lucie because she is just the right side of batshit crazy...

ten minutes later everyones like "yeh,., shes batshit crazy"

I thought it was sloppy as hell. Not that I could do better but it looked like two Cindy Dandoises playing rock em sock em robots. That's not high level anything.

who gives a fuck if its high level, or technical, its about entertainment.

you can be an mma snob and say you only like striking if it is technically perfect, or ground work if its black belt level, well go watch boxing, and eddie bravo then...

I watch MMA to be entertained.

And that was highly entertaining. Both girls gave it absolutely everything, which is all you can ask from sport - that the athletes give their all - they both gave everything, beat each other up, Aldana won and ended up with broken hand, fucked up eye..

And I look forward to seeing both of them fighting again

(And anyone who has watched any of Lucie's fights knows that they are always great fights)

It was fun to watch, but I think as a female Wrestling and Jujitsu will get you way further than say Kickboxing or Muai Thai. There is no power behind those punches you are just fucking your hand up for no reason.

uDcVXhT.png
Lol this was hilarious. So bad but so good. Can't think of anyone who has done worse on the mic.

Aldana is a technical beast and Pudilova has brick-size balls.

who gives a fuck if its high level, or technical, its about entertainment.

you can be an mma snob and say you only like striking if it is technically perfect, or ground work if its black belt level, well go watch boxing, and eddie bravo then...

I watch MMA to be entertained.

And that was highly entertaining. Both girls gave it absolutely everything, which is all you can ask from sport - that the athletes give their all - they both gave everything, beat each other up, Aldana won and ended up with broken hand, fucked up eye..

And I look forward to seeing both of them fighting again

(And anyone who has watched any of Lucie's fights knows that they are always great fights)
Okay well then would you be okay with children's mma or midget mma or obese people mma or special needs mma in the UFC? As long as it's entertaining

WMMA used to be super entertaining early on. More exciting than 80% of the guy's fights. The WMMA fights in Strikeforce and the first year or so in the UFC were superb. I don't know what happened.

They actually learned defense thats why.

In and out, cutting angles, head movement, combos, lots of kicks

We need to start pumping the brakes around here.

Only thing different about this fight compared to the average mens fight is that there was a lot of action and it stayed on the feet

They actually learned defense thats why.

That's partly it. Their skills have become more refined. However, they are also way more hesitant as well. It feels like they had something to prove back then. Now, you have to be truly terrible to get cut because of the lack of depth in most divisions.

Those 2 broads can fight.

That was a great fight. Not a brawl. Not pitter patter point scoring. It was technical. They both brought it! I'll get right on board with this becoming the norm in WMMA

Back