Alcohol and tobacco are by far the biggest threat to human welfare of all addictive drugs

That people can do coke with moderation. Pretty much everything I have said.. You started with "hey they do more lines than 1" then switched it over to amount all of a sudden when that was addressed.
You also seem to think you can have a buzz running all night from 1 line or can do the amount required in 1 line, otherwise you must be going balls out and have a problem. lol. That´s not how coke works.

Just because you only know cokehead losers doesn´t mean everyone is like that. Sounds a lot more like meth your friends were taking.
No, what I said was that you having to have a "buzz running all night" is a problem. If it was alcohol, you'd agree that absolutely having to keep your buzz all night was a problem. That's the definition of a substance problem.

Australia and New Zealand were the biggest consumers of amphetamines, nearly 500 people in every 100,000 have used them in the past year.

Professor West added that the report, looking at illicit drug use and harms as laws were strengthened and relaxed, showed just how ineffective prohibition policies have been.
giphy.gif

That's because everywhere else they have affordable coke.

But it´s dishonest to say 40% increase because of MJ legalization. That´s not what the article says at all. If you wanted to make a point the 145% increase in MJ positives would have been a much better starting point.
I never said it was because of. 40% increase since.

Sorry no. I've known so many people who are permanently fucked up in the head from hallucinogens. Sure, they're not physically dangerous but that's not the only risk. People I grew up with are lunatics now or paranoid schizos. The mental damage that hallucinogens like LSD did to them also led them to harder drugs. Hallucinogens are fucking terrible. Just because they didn't mess you up doesn't mean they don't destroy lots of lives.
I have always been curious about a possible link between such paranoia and the fact the drug use is illegal and heavily stigmatized.

Would fewer experience the paranoia that you mention?

No, what I said was that you having to have a "buzz running all night" is a problem. If it was alcohol, you'd agree that absolutely having to keep your buzz all night was a problem. That's the definition of a substance problem.

No it fucking isn´t. It´s pretty standard to have a little buzz running for a night out on the town. So if I drink a beer an hour for a night out partying thats a substance problem? lol.

I have always been curious about a possible link between such paranoia and the fact the drug use is illegal and heavily stigmatized.

Would fewer experience the paranoia that you mention?
This thread is about the last legal drugs ruining society, and you think legalizing more drugs is the solution?

Just don't mess with my caffeine . . .

Well why stop there..

The handicapped. The mentally ill. Such burdens on society. Off with their heads.
So you put the handicapped and addicts on the same level, good to know.

Sorry no. I've known so many people who are permanently fucked up in the head from hallucinogens. Sure, they're not physically dangerous but that's not the only risk. People I grew up with are lunatics now or paranoid schizos. The mental damage that hallucinogens like LSD did to them also led them to harder drugs. Hallucinogens are fucking terrible. Just because they didn't mess you up doesn't mean they don't destroy lots of lives.

Did they actually stop using?
I recently ran into a couple of guys I knew from high school that I was sure had done permanent damage. One became a sort of drop out "neoshaman" for at least a decade and the other was religious about being a raver (and had the most ludicrous tolerance for ecstasy, ketamine and LSD I'd ever seen. I thought for sure using that much ecstasy has to cause brain damage, but maybe not). Permanent space cadets at the time, but they are now about 40, fully employed, raising kids and with no obvious signs of their past.
Of course I've known a few mentally ill addicts, but I don't know any that have actually quit (not for long anyway).

Easier than sugar, but there's certain societal pressure to continue or start drinking. It's also available basically everywhere in large doses.

Yeah well, that's where free will and individual freedoms kick in, IMO.
I don't really like the notion of societal pressure. It is quite a subjective notion. People are responsible for the actions and their consequences.

How about fastfood ? Or Coca Cola advertisement ? I know that Coca Cola commercials get to me, especially on a hot day. It's a bottle of poison.

Seriously, once you go down this road, it's kind of a slippery slope.

From my own anecdotal experience, poor nutrition causes more harm to society than alcohol or drugs, by a wide margin.

If I look at Germany, I think that seriously less than 1% of the population uses drugs. Most people drink alcohol, but I don't think alcoholism is a huge problem here.

Back