Albert Tumrnov on Robbie Lawler

Wonderboy should not get the next shot, no way. Great performance this past weekend but that moves him in to a #1 contender bout not a TS
Fuck that...
He just KOed a granite chin perennial elite fighter in Hendricks.

BTW.. Tumenov is a fucking ninja.

I don't love Woodley either but he has a way better resume than WB, guy has 1 top 10 win, let him fight Maia, if he wins that (which he wont) then maybe he can get a shot I mean C'mon before this weekend his best win was who, Jake Ellenberger? GTFO
Tell who was Woodley's best win? He won vs. Condit. You think Condit was higher in rank than Hendricks? He turned down the fight with Lombard. If he fought lombard and beat him. then he probably earned it more, but
5ee5f084-e4d2-4835-aca9-a134ce03acb8.gif

He doesn't have enough top notch wins, Thompson is close but i think he should have to beat someone else other than just Hendricks. Condit deserves a rematch like Rua did against Machida back in the day. Woodley has been on deck for awhile, and although i think he's a bit overrated he's done more to deserve a shot. I'd like to see Condit fight for the title again to right an obvious wrong, then i'd like to see Thompson fight Woodley for the next shot. In the meanwhile McDonald is fighting Lombard and whoever wins that should be fighting for the next title shot. It's a stacked division it's pretty ridiculous to suggest only one guy deserves a shot right now. Thompson wouldn't be horribly undeserving but he simply hasn't fought enough of the top guys.
Woodley lost to MacDonald..beat an overweight Gastelum and turned down a lombard showdown....WB was tearing competition including former champion & still top 5 Hendricks...not rocket science...

"I think Robbie Lawler is the most dangerous fighter in UFC welterweight division. There are a lot of great fighters at welterweight for sure, but I think Lawler is the most dangerous among them all. But the same time I think he would be a relatively easy opponent for me. If you look at Lawler's skills, you won't be able to say that he has some extraordinary techniques in any aspect of MMA. He is tough. He has a fighter's spirit and patience. But his fighting style is simply to move straight at you and attack. So you can definitely work with such an opponent. He can be defeated."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/1...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
I have one word to discribe Robbie

CHAMP

people underestimate Lawler's striking the guy has crazy fast hands there's a reason why he lands every time he throws and his punches come with a lot of power behind it

his overall tdd and grappling defense is also top notch it has to be against some of the top WW's

Yea Lawler's only issue IMO is that he takes to many breaks during the fight. I'm assuming to conserve energy.

Just curious who is worthy of a title shot?
Condit for a rematch or Woodley Let Maia and Wonderboy fight it out for a #1 contender shot just don't gift the shot to WB there's been enough of that lately

Tumenov has more talent, that's for sure. And Robbie can only fight one way, so when Albert starts boxing the fuck out of him, he will have nowhere to go.

Condit for a rematch or Woodley Let Maia and Wonderboy fight it out for a #1 contender shot just don't gift the shot to WB there's been enough of that lately

I'm confused. What's makes Woodley and Condit such better candidates then Thompson? Condit already lost his title shot and he only had one win before that against Alves who I'm not sure was ranked. Then you have Woodley who's on a 2 fight win streak hasn't fought in over a year. Wonderboy is on a 6 fight win streak with two top 10 wins. One of those being against the previous champ and #2 WW. So you want him to go from beating the #2 WW to fighting the #6 WW? If beating the #2 fighter in your division is not enough to get a title shot what is? The two fighters you named weren't even able to do that.

I'm confused. What's makes Woodley and Condit such better candidates then Thompson? Condit already lost his title shot and he only had one win before that against Alves who I'm not sure was ranked. Then you have Woodley who's on a 2 fight win streak hasn't fought in over a year. Wonderboy is on a 6 fight win streak with two top 10 wins. One of those being against the previous champ and #2 WW. So you want him to go from beating the #2 WW to fighting the #6 WW? If beating the #2 fighter in your division is not enough to get a title shot what is? The two fighters you named weren't even able to do that.
You're hanging your hat on 1 win dont give me Ellenberger at #9 at the time, he doesn't deserve the shot plain and simple the resume doesn't warrant it, move along bud I'm done in this thread

You're hanging your hat on 1 win dont give me Ellenberger at #9 at the time, he doesn't deserve the shot plain and simple the resume doesn't warrant it, move along bud I'm done in this thread

Yes but I'm trying to understand what your hanging your hat on for the other contenders? If you simply don't want to discuss it I understand just didn't understand the logic you were using when deciding the contender. You're one of the few people I Know who are acting like Woodley and Condit are far more deserving. I've seen people say it's a mix between all of them or pick Stephen. I haven't seen anyone act like Stephen is in a whole different ball park.

Back