Albert Tumenov finally signed by top promotion

Just a one off fight to put some money in his pocket and to hopefully raise his profile enough for the UFC to want him imo.

Sad that he has to do this, but there you go.

Probably beating some bum and getting paid, cant hate on this

might actually be the only triller event worth watching, but it will have the worst PPV sales.

might actually be the only triller event worth watching, but it will have the worst PPV sales.
You mean the crowd that buys Triller PPVs is not interested in.....Kubrat Pulev vs. Frank Mir?

I am curious how much they are paying Kubrat. He is a world class boxer, even tho he is much older and past his prime, so he is not gonna come cheap. Like 1 mill?

You mean the crowd that buys Triller PPVs is not interested in.....Kubrat Pulev vs. Frank Mir?

I am curious how much they are paying Kubrat. He is a world class boxer, even tho he is much older and past his prime, so he is not gonna come cheap. Like 1 mill?
Mir will get close to a mill himself if he wins (highly unlikely) according to him. I assume Pulev would get more.

Mir will get close to a mill himself if he wins (highly unlikely) according to him. I assume Pulev would get more.
Great use off money. Triller is such a weird company.

I was going to watch Mir anyhow so this is a bonus...

I'll likely skip the rest of the cad however.

Forgot it was this weekend. I'm watching this one for sure.

Just a one off fight to put some money in his pocket and to hopefully raise his profile enough for the UFC to want him imo.

IDK.. it is mixed rules too? I know Tumenov is not a ground guy but he should be able to take the boxer down and sub him in the MMA round.

Edit.. shit this wasn't the boxing-mma rules isn't it? that makes it more interesting.. that also makes Mir a dead man walking.

Forgot it was this weekend. I'm watching this one for sure.

IDK.. it is mixed rules too? I know Tumenov is not a ground guy but he should be able to take the boxer down and sub him in the MMA round.

Edit.. shit this wasn't the boxing-mma rules isn't it? that makes it more interesting.. that also makes Mir a dead man walking.

I don't know the exact rules but I think it's basically boxing except you can hold onto the clinch and strike in it.

Sounds shit to me but I might end up watching if nothing else is on.

I don't know the exact rules but I think it's basically boxing except you can hold onto the clinch and strike in it.

Sounds shit to me but I might end up watching if nothing else is on.
I don't think this is as much of an advantage to MMA fighters as people think. Most boxers know how to infight and the clinch is essentially legal in boxing as most refs don't call it often, you just have to let go right away. Watch Fury vs. Wilder 2 or 3 or even the recent Canelo vs. Plant and both fights how off a lot of basically grey area clinch fighting.

I don't think this is as much of an advantage to MMA fighters as people think. Most boxers know how to infight and the clinch is essentially legal in boxing as most refs don't call it often, you just have to let go right away. Watch Fury vs. Wilder 2 or 3 or even the recent Canelo vs. Plant and both fights how off a lot of basically grey area clinch fighting.

It depends what you can do in the clinch I think, if you're only allowed to punch then sure, but if they're allowed to rag them about a bit without taking them down then that could tire a boxer out.

It depends what you can do in the clinch I think, if you're only allowed to punch then sure, but if they're allowed to rag them about a bit without taking them down then that could tire a boxer out.
I mean the biggest factor in this game is the biggest change in the history of combat sports, THE TRIGON

According to one comment I saw -- Tumenov said in interview that because there is still no offer from UFC and after he turned down Bellator a few times they stopped with their offers to him, so he took this fight to stay busy.

According to one comment I saw -- Tumenov said in interview that because there is still no offer from UFC and after he turned down Bellator a few times they stopped with their offers to him, so he took this fight to stay busy.

I know it'd be way below his usual rate but I wonder if it'd be worth beating someone up in the LFA or Titan or something just to remind them he exists.

I know it'd be way below his usual rate but I wonder if it'd be worth beating someone up in the LFA or Titan or something just to remind them he exists.
I honestly think PFL would be the likeliest path for him to get into the UFC again. Would be a pretty hard one, but he has a path to victory against any guy in the WW div. He'd do what Nikolay couldn't, not look like ass.

I honestly think PFL would be the likeliest path for him to get into the UFC again. Would be a pretty hard one, but he has a path to victory against any guy in the WW div. He'd do what Nikolay couldn't, not look like ass.
Nikolay looked like ass? Because he lost to Cooper, who is elite?

I doubt they'd sign him to a one year contract, they seem to do 2 years generally.

Nikolay looked like ass? Because he lost to Cooper, who is elite?
No, he looked like ass because he barely did anything to distance himself from either of his opponents, Cooper and Sy.

Back