Alavarez, Nunes, Bisping, Woodley, Conor and possibly Cruz now all pick their opponents

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
Where does this stupid trend of champions picking opponents come from? What happened to the I fight anybody blah blah?

1. Nunes said she thinks Valentina should win some more fights, doesn't plan to give her a rematch.
2. Bisping demanded a fight with #13 Hendo.
3. Alvarez wasn't interested in Khabib or Ferguson but wants to fight McGregor-Diaz winner, even though he said both suck but it's a money fight.
4. Woodley ducks Wonderboy and tries to put together some "money fights" instead
5. Conor demanded a stupid rematch with Nate even though he's champion in a different weight class
6. Cruz talks about how he doesn't want to give TJ a rematch and looks for different fights

No matter if some of those decisions are or aren't ducking, why do they pick their fights in first place?
Yes Cruz doesn't pick an easy fight if he campaigns for Aldo or Conor but he shouldn't handpick fights he wants in first place, even though it's the most reasonable one on that list.
Bisping, Alvarez and Woodley are straight up ridiculous, Nunes also a clear case of ducking.
6/11 UFC champions want to decide who they fight on their own.

UFC should stop that nonsense and return to traditional matchmaking instead of fun fight here, super-fight there, money fights blah blah
The champ fights a high ranked guy in his division, that's it.

The only one with leverage is Conor.

Can hate it but it's the truth.

Where does this stupid trend of champions picking opponents come from? What happened to the I fight anybody blah blah?
Champ should get to pick his first fight and then high ranked opponent. Cruz not wanting to rematch TJ is acceptable. Who wants to see that bad breakdance battle again?

"Just happy to be here" "I'll fight whoever the ufc says"

Words of a poor person willing to risk his life for peanuts

If we want MMA fighters to get paid, this is going to have to happen to a certain degree.

Has Khabib fought in the last 8 years? Only time I ever hear about him is when he hurts himself

Woodley thinks he does but he has not defended the belt nor is he a PPV selling machine and plant of the Apes Nunes will do exactly what the bald eagle wants because he will not rest until Ronda has that belt back if she is coming back because she hits that 1 million mark they love or close anyway but Nunes could not give PPV's away

I wonder how many of these "champs" wouldve called for these fights if the UFC wasnt going to be sold.........Feels like having that new or substitute teacher and the class thinking they can do whatever they want.

End of the day UFC makes the fights, if anyone should be criticized for matchmaking its them.

If we want MMA fighters to get paid, this is going to have to happen to a certain degree.
Do you mean because stars taking superfights which can be hyped is good for the sport as whole which benefits all fighters?
I see that to a certain extend but that doesn't apply to most people on that list, their fights wouldn't be as big.
Or do you simply mean if they can pick money fights, they earn more money, which is a good thing?
That might be true but it solves the problem for ~6 people who are already on the top and their opponents, not fighter pay in general, which is a problem for the 500-people-roster.

The thing to remember....

Rockhold chose Bisping

And we all know how that worked out for him

Rockhold chose Bisping

Yeah, add Rockhold to that list who said he chose Bisping over Jacare because he can pay the bill lol.
But I think UFC didn't let that happen, they still said Bisping is the 2nd option and he basically got it because Jacare was injured.

UFC needs to get a hold on their Champs and make them fight the #1 contender. It's getting ridiculous. Rankings and winning fights means nothing now.

1. Nunes said she thinks Valentina should win some more fights, doesn't plan to give her a rematch.
2. Bisping demanded a fight with #13 Hendo.
3. Alvarez wasn't interested in Khabib or Ferguson but wants to fight McGregor-Diaz winner, even though he said both suck but it's a money fight.
4. Woodley ducks Wonderboy and tries to put together some "money fights" instead
5. Conor demanded a stupid rematch with Nate even though he's champion in a different weight class
6. Cruz talks about how he doesn't want to give TJ a rematch and looks for different fights

No matter if some of those decisions are or aren't ducking, why do they pick their fights in first place?
Yes Cruz doesn't pick an easy fight if he campaigns for Aldo or Conor but he shouldn't handpick fights he wants in first place, even though it's the most reasonable one on that list.
Bisping, Alvarez and Woodley are straight up ridiculous, Nunes also a clear case of ducking.
6/11 UFC champions want to decide who they fight on their own.

UFC should stop that nonsense and return to traditional matchmaking instead of fun fight here, super-fight there, money fights blah blah
The champ fights a high ranked guy in his division, that's it.
Good points
this sh*t is getting a little out of hand

Rockhold chose Bisping

michael-bisping-luke-rockhold-ufc-199.jpg

Well, Nunes reason is obvious. If she can hold out for a once-in-a-lifetime payday, this is her best chance. Difference is millions of dollars, should Rousey return to fight her. Doubt she does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back