Elections Alaska Senator Reinbold banned by Alaska Airlines for violating mask policy

They are trying to mitigate the risk of the virus spreading. It is especially a concern when you are in an enclosed cabin for a long period of time.

If they didn't enforce a mask policy, they could sued by someone who gets infected.

Airlines are private property, and flying is a priviledge not a right.
airplanes are about as private as "cable companies" and "electric companies".

heavily regulated and have to comply to federal mandates

they really shouldn't make the call, and they can essentially use it as a CYA method without repercussions. Planes have good ventilation systems, but if the air simply recirculates, then masks are fake, feel good science at that point. if you're on a plane shoulder to shoulder with other passengers, a mask aint doing jack shit.

Imagine being such dumb piece of shit that this is the hill you’re willing to die on

I find with a mask, that since I'm lower on oxygen, I tend to sleep better with it on...... it's kind of stupid though. I havent stopped flying domestically, only international

I guess it helps my nostrils not drying out. But I noticed my alergies are not as bad as before I guess I will put on a mask from now on.

A month before the Pandemic a Volcano near manila made me sick its the dusty particulates so from that point on I started wearing masks My Doc have been telling me to masked up years ago though.

Anyone think these airlines are just getting off being little fascists?

"OMG we have power for some silly reason now lets abuse it"...

They are so untoucheable look at what happened to that Doctor they booted of the airplane years ago.

airplanes are about as private as "cable companies" and "electric companies".

heavily regulated and have to comply to federal mandates

they really shouldn't make the call, and they can essentially use it as a CYA method without repercussions. Planes have good ventilation systems, but if the air simply recirculates, then masks are fake, feel good science at that point. if you're on a plane shoulder to shoulder with other passengers, a mask aint doing jack shit.

Electricity is a necessaity. Cable and Airlines are luxuries. I don't see how a company having to comply with federal regulations make them less of a private business. Most if not all private enterprise has to comply with OSHA and other regulations.

A mask is better than nothing. The mask will capture some of the droplets you exhale.

sounds like a win-win. Enjoy the Hertz rent-a-car experience, superstar
It’s not rocket science, you can just pull it down and sip water all flight long. I can legally do that and be safe and not spread the rona. Thank me pussy

It’s not rocket science, you can just pull it down and sip water all flight long. I can legally do that and be safe and not spread the rona. Thank me pussy
you can also legally travel exclusively by horse-drawn carriage. That would sure show me. I'd be so owned!

Wearing a mask is an arbitrary rule not a law. I wear a mask out of courtesy for others, as I think most should. That doesn't mean I agree with people being banished from society for not wearing one.
Then stay in the sticks.

Wearing a mask is an arbitrary rule not a law. I wear a mask out of courtesy for others, as I think most should. That doesn't mean I agree with people being banished from society for not wearing one.
It's a regulation when you take a flight. And of all the places to complain about having to wear a mask. In an enclosed cabin with dozens of people from all over the place. It must be the same type of people that get a kick out of making others smell their farts.

Imagine not wearing a mask in a super cramped indoor environment being what you care deeply enough about to want to start a mass protest over

Air travel for covid is a perception v reality thing. The cabin is highly pressurized, the air is filtered and mixed with new external air, and the result is the air in the cabin is constantly dropping with half of it leaving the plane, the other half going through their filters. It's estimated that all of the air in the plane leaves for atmosphere every 4 minutes. Combined, it isn't that bad for air born viruses and why things like the flu don't spread like wildfire on planes.

The irony with this is masks are way more effective in an environment where the air keeps refreshing, than something much more static like inside of a shop or restaurant. In a place with low airflow, you are governed by Fick's law and airborn droplets will diffuse with or without masks and pretty much hit an equilibrium.

and independent of the "science", it's the airline's rules to a wear a mask so just do it. The whole tray table up/seat upright thing likely has far less influence on your safety than wearing a mask ... but people still comply since it is a rule.

Back