Alan Jouban blasts judges after decision loss

Grant was more dangerous going backwards than Alan going forward. I didnt he did enough hurt in that fight to outburst as he did.

That was an awful fight all around. Both dudes should be ashamed of their performances. Grant literally just ran backwards the whole fight throwing wide, sloppy hooks and Jouban looked scared to punch even though he was moving forward.

Joban got hit bad when he tried to put real pressure moving forward. So he was staying cautious and too cautious perhaps. In this scenario I would say draw would have been appropriate.

If he would've thrown leg kicks to weaken his opponent early he woulda won. Dwight just spams power shots lol hes not even good

Jouban landed 24 significant strikes while Grant landed 38 significant strikes. Jouban may have pressed forward more, but 24 significant strikes in 15 minutes when the fight was all standing is nothing. Didn’t do nearly enough to give himself a decisive win.
That's how i saw it.

"UFC welterweight Alan Jouban was hoping for a victory for his return to action after more than a year in the sidelines."

Spot on journalism Bloody Elbow!

He's not wrong though.
He was the one going forward for the whole fight.

I think it is stupid to claim "he didn't do enough" when Grant clearly did much less and got away with the victory.

What exactly are you demanding on him? That he has to go for broke when the other guy did no offense but some counter-punching?

Joban might not have KO'd the guy, but he took him down and was the attacker. That alone should give him the victory.
Demanding more of him without acknowledging that Grant did much less than him is ridiculous IMO.
Well said. Couldn't believe the idiocy in the posts before this. Like, its his fault he lost because he didn't do more? Even thought the other guy did much less?

hah

I thought he won the 2nd and 3rd, but it's not like he fought all that great. He can complain that his opponent ran for 2 rounds (he did), but Jouban didn't really take advantage and did a shit job of cutting him off.

Positive discrimination by the refs. They probably feared getting labelled racist

Could have gone either way. 1 for Grant, 3 for Jouban and 2 was close as hell. Jouban landed 10-6 but Grant's strikes were cleaner.

Worrying how shertards say he should have done more, when he was moving forward the entire time trying to make a fight happen and the other guy was moving away from him all the time. Is the guy who is actually trying to attack expected to become reckless and get ktfo otherwise the guy who does much less and waits for the big counter for 15 minutes gets the auto win? Maybe next time both should move bachwards and wait to counter??

When neither guy lands very much it's aggression and octagon control which decide the winner, according to the rules. And Jouban was definitely the aggressor in this fight.

After over a year of inactivity, comes back and puts on a shitty performance...

Just cut him

That fight was uneventful.

Neither guy won.

He is absolutely right - that bum ran for the entire fight

Grant landed the most significant strikes in the fight. Jouban then just used his forward movement to try to fool the judges into thinking he was controlling the octagon. Grant wanted him coming forward because if he actually came forward (instead of the BS pseudo-aggression), he would have knocked him out. Grant had his number and Jouboan got scared

It was a shit fight, don't care he doesn't get his win bonus because of the judges after a shit fight like that. Whether he should have won just makes it more savory.

I remember expecting him to win 29-28 but it was a crap fight and I was barely paying attention by the end.

Back