Alan Jouban blasts judges after decision loss

Hardcore MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Jouban is going off on the judges after his decision loss last night. In my opinion, Jouban didn’t do enough to secure a decisive W. He needs to look more impressive if he wants to assure the judges rule in his favor. What do you who saw the fight think?

“UFC welterweight Alan Jouban was hoping for a victory for his return to action after more than a year in the sidelines. Instead, what he got was a split decision loss against Dwight Grant in his main card fight at UFC 236 on Saturday night.

Jouban was convinced he had done enough to secure the win, which makes the verdict a lot more difficult to digest.

“I want to talk to the judges,” Jouban told ESPN’s Brett Okamoto in a backstage interview. “I want to look you in the eye and say ‘what’s your martial arts background? How long have you been doing this? And tell me how you judged this?’ Because damage is the overall score.

“He backpedaled for 15 minutes trying to do counter shots backpedaling,” Jouban said of Grant. “He got me with a couple grazing shots, I took him down twice. I almost finished him in the last couple of seconds, given five more seconds.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...they-need-to-get-their-sh-t-together-mma-news

Jouban's reaction to the decision after doing next to nothing for 15 minutes gave me serious second hand embarrassment.

Worry about your own performance.

Would he really have felt better about his performance had the judges given him the decision?

Should have done more. Blame yourself.

Jouban is going off on the judges after his decision loss last night. In my opinion, Jouban didn’t do enough to secure a decisive W. He needs to look more impressive if he wants to assure the judges rule in his favor. What do you who saw the fight think?

“UFC welterweight Alan Jouban was hoping for a victory for his return to action after more than a year in the sidelines. Instead, what he got was a split decision loss against Dwight Grant in his main card fight at UFC 236 on Saturday night.

Jouban was convinced he had done enough to secure the win, which makes the verdict a lot more difficult to digest.

“I want to talk to the judges,” Jouban told ESPN’s Brett Okamoto in a backstage interview. “I want to look you in the eye and say ‘what’s your martial arts background? How long have you been doing this? And tell me how you judged this?’ Because damage is the overall score.

“He backpedaled for 15 minutes trying to do counter shots backpedaling,” Jouban said of Grant. “He got me with a couple grazing shots, I took him down twice. I almost finished him in the last couple of seconds, given five more seconds.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...they-need-to-get-their-sh-t-together-mma-news

He's not wrong though.
He was the one going forward for the whole fight.

I think it is stupid to claim "he didn't do enough" when Grant clearly did much less and got away with the victory.

What exactly are you demanding on him? That he has to go for broke when the other guy did no offense but some counter-punching?

Joban might not have KO'd the guy, but he took him down and was the attacker. That alone should give him the victory.
Demanding more of him without acknowledging that Grant did much less than him is ridiculous IMO.

he did overreact on the decision but to be fair, he really needed that win bonus after being inactive for more than a year.

imo he clearly won rounds 2 and 3, and was the aggressor the majority of the time. feels bad for jouban

Should have done more. Blame yourself.

Grant was the one backpedalling when Jouban went forward and was initiating action. Sturiking and gurappling was even for the most part but Jouban easily had the octagon control

Grant was the one backpedalling when Jouban went forward and was initiating action. Sturiking and gurappling was even for the most part but Jouban easily had the octagon control
Went forward doing next to nothing.

Went forward doing next to nothing.

and Grant was doing even less than nothing with the back pedaling. It was a shit fight. Neither deserved to win but Grant deserved it less

Weird feeling entitled to a win that was so razor close.

and Grant was doing even less than nothing with the back pedaling. It was a shit fight. Neither deserved to win but Grant deserved it less
Not sure about that I remember Grants counters definitely being enough to win him the first 2 rounds and it was

I think the stats had Jouban edging the strikes in the second and third rounds

I had it for Grant. Every time he landed something, it just looked it he had a little bit more and troubling Jouban more

Not sure about that I remember Grants counters definitely being enough to win him the first 2 rounds and it was

It was enough for the 1st round but not enough effective counters in the 2nd for him to have won

Ithought Alan won the fight and was surprised when Bruce read the cards..

Back