Alan Belcher tools

I'd say his fight against Palhares showed that Belcher has more than just an okay ground game.

i know he has a black belt in bjj & has great wrestling/gnp but relatively speaking the mw division is full of grapplers and world class BJJ blackbelts

i will say i just watched his last two fights and he is great with ground and pounding inside the guard. other then jones and gsp might be the best

I like his style of picking his shots instead of just dropping a bunch of useless shots for points or "hoping" 1 somehow slips through and magically grazes the chin just right.

I like his style of picking his shots instead of just dropping a bunch of useless shots for points or "hoping" 1 somehow slips through and magically grazes the chin just right.

Word on this!

This forum has had a weird relationship with Alan from the beginning. After his huge highlight real KO of Jorge Santiago people were calling him the next Cro Cop. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Then when he lost to Kendal Grove everyone turned on him and since he has had a difficult time gaining fans, in my opinion, simply due to some PR related things, like how he conducts himself in post-fight interviews and such (for example, the "I tooled that motherfucker" comment he made after the Palhares fight should have never happened).

I think this lack of good PR has contributed to his being on the slow track to a title shot, too. It sucks but it's a reality the fans have to either really love you or really hate you and right now he's kind of lukewarm. People are okay with seeing him fight, of course, because he's exciting, but to me it seems like people are tentative about hopping on the bandwagon again.

If he beats Okami tomorrow -- and he should -- let's hope he's set up for a title shot very soon.

Back