Alan Belcher: Did you honestly feel that Okami was out when you threw the elbow?

Ahh all this stand up talk, if it was up to me there would be no stand ups in MMA.

Here are all of the sherdog doctors in the house. Pure conjecture. You will never know the answer until Okami tells.

And ts learn how to use the colon

Looked like he was defending the strike but that's just a lounge chair opinion.

Seemed to me like Belcher had a poor gameplan in this fight. Also that standup in round 2 (I think????) was god awful.

Belcher could have outstruck Okami from the outside instead of going right into Okami's bread and butter zone. Also is it just me or did Belcher look HUGE in this fight?

Ahh all this stand up talk, if it was up to me there would be no stand ups in MMA.

I agree to an extent, but there are some fighters that will literally do nothing interesting because they know if they just stay on top for 5 minutes they win. It would suck for spectators and eventually kill the sport since it's way easier to control someone and stay on top if you aren't trying to finish or hurt them.

I honestly feel that even if the round ends with one fighter in position to finish they should let it go until the defending fighter is out of danger.

There's a huge difference between having dead weight and a conscious grappler on top of you. If Yushin had been out, Alan would have gotten out from under him.

I remember when I saw that, I was like oh shit, but he was fine, imo

I didn't see the fight, but from that gif it just looks like he went down to avoid getting hit with another elbow.

Watching it live we were all rooting for Alan and when it happened everyone in the room noticed it and wanted to see a replay.

I was very disappointed Alan kept going for the guillotine, knowing the strength of Okamis top game. Lost him the fight IMO. That being said, I hope he comes back stronger than ever.

Looks like he was flash Koed.

He goes limp, and Alan tries to move his arm out of the way and get up, as he's moving his arm Okami comes back to and keeps his arm from being moved further.

That's the way it looks to me anyway..

i didn't notice is at all during the fight.

tough style match up for Belcher.

hope to see him back in the cage soon

I'd definitely prefer that over standing them up too early. Really give the "rules favor the wrestlers" crowd something to cry about. Still can't believe people have the nerve to say that shit when you're constantly harassed to work, often stood up too early and you can't knee or kick the head of a downed opponent. Yet the rules favor wrestlers. :icon_lol:

Back