Alan Belcher: Did you honestly feel that Okami was out when you threw the elbow?

This is the ultimate

i-want-to-believe.jpg

thread.

That being said, it was an impressive strike. I noticed it during the fight, was surprised Rogan didn't mention it.

Yea, I thought he was out when it happened, but Okami was back so fast that the ref may have not even noticed, but I doubt Alan did too fam.

I am always loathe to dismiss a fighter's victory as a fluke, but if he had KOd Okami with that elbow, I could be willing to call that "luck". At the same time though, it would have been one of the sickest KOs ever, and it would have proven that Belcher is dangerous from anywhere, at any time. That's the kind of KO that gives a fighter mystique.

LOL, Okami wasn't out. From the gif and what the other poster mentioned, Okami was adjusting his left foot, so he was clearly conscious. He most likely ducked down to avoid getting hit again by the elbow.

Sounds like you like to masturbate to your reflection in the mirror.

I predicted Belcher to KO/TKO Okami in the 2nd after getting smothered by Okami in the 1st. And I predicted Belcher to be able to reverse Okami TD's at least a couple times prior to that TKO.

I was wrong anyways. I think that was a common prediction, nothing special. Okami's chin is shot, Belcher has good grappling/striking, Okami has good top control/grappling.

Sounds like you didn't read the whole post I replied too. I was getting dogged on for a post in another thread. I pointed out some facts is all.

I think he was out cold.

The only reason his right arm was moving was because Belcher was moving it.

He went completely limp.

Okami wasn't out his body didn't go limp. He just put his head down not to take another shot.

Oh yeah lol, it was pretty nasty but I didn't realize just how badly he was hurt until now. I thought he just tucked his head in, but it definitely looks like he went limp in this gif. I don't remember Rogan or the crowd reacting very strongly to it either.

Looks more like he dropped his head down to avoid eating another big elbow like that. It looks like he adjusts his left foot/leg to make sure the body triangle is still locked in when he is allegedly "out".

Exactly. People are stupid.

what are you even talking about?

You're making it really difficult for me to not be an asshole here. Belcher landed that nice right hand in the 2nd round only after a terrible ref stand up that occured just seconds after Okami had passed to side mount. Do you even remember the fight you're arguing about? That's why you don't deserve credit for thinking he'd have some success in the 2nd round, he wouldn't have had the ref not been as abysmal at his job as you are at predicting fights.

You're making it really difficult for me to not be an asshole here. Belcher landed that nice right hand in the 2nd round only after a terrible ref stand up that occured just seconds after Okami had passed to side mount. Do you even remember the fight you're arguing about? That's why you don't deserve credit for thinking he'd have some success in the 2nd round, he wouldn't have had the ref not been as abysmal at his job as you are at predicting fights.

Okay, your post wasn't clear. Your wording made it sound like either Belcher, Okami, or both displayed poor skill fighting on their feet... which is ridiculous.

I didn't like the stand up from side control either since Okami was improving position, but in all seriousness Okami should have tried to do something other than smother and cover. I can count on my fingers the number of gnp strikes Okami threw. Regardless Belcher worked up to his feet on his own a couple times too, and that was not the only time Okami got rocked.

Okay, your post wasn't clear. Your wording made it sound like either Belcher, Okami, or both displayed poor skill fighting on their feet... which is ridiculous.

I didn't like the stand up from side control either since Okami was improving position, but in all seriousness Okami should have tried to do something other than smother and cover. I can count on my fingers the number of gnp strikes Okami threw. Regardless Belcher worked up to his feet on his own a couple times too, and that was not the only time Okami got rocked.

Sounds like we've found a middle ground. I'd really like to see what Belcher can do in the future if he adheres to a gameplan more strictly. I thought it was dumb for him to stay on the ground with Palhares too (even though it worked in his favor). He was just way too confident going into the Okami rematch. Confidence is a good thing but it can't be to the point of delusion or at the expense of fighting smart. You can't go up against Okami thinking you're going to just walk through him and win everywhere the fight goes.

Back