ALADDIN Live-Action Movie (Full Trailer Released)

kazam-front_display_image.jpg

Please, no Will Smith. He's damn annoying. I'd rather have Shaq.

Update: April 19, 2017

Will Smith in Talks to Play the Genie in Guy Ritchie's Live-Action ALADDIN Movie

Will-Smith-Genie-Aladdin-041917-Dragonlord.jpg

Will Smith is in talks to take on the genie role made famous by the late Robin Williams in Disney’s live-action Aladdin from Guy Ritchie, Deadline reports.

The adaptation of the animated feature follows the studio’s strategy of bringing its classic animated titles to life and so far it has been a goldmine, most recently with Beauty and the Beast which has already grossed over $1B worldwide.

Smith had previously been in talks with Tim Burton about Dumbo but that did not materialize and sources say these talks are also early.

Like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin will be a live-action musical and that would fit well with Smith who is not only an actor but was known to the world for his musical prowess as The Fresh Prince rapper before he hit the little or big screen. The production is gearing up for a long, six-month shoot, so that is one consideration. It is supposed to start in the U.K. in July and wrap early next year.

John August (Big Fish) scripted the story based on the 1992 animated classic and follows the story of Aladdin and Princess Jasmine after the commoner Aladdin finds a magic lamp and, upon shining it up, a genie is released from being trapped inside. The bigger-than-life genie then grants Aladdin three wishes.

Will Smith In Talks For Genie Role In Disney’s Live-Action ‘Aladdin’ (Exclusive)
Well, if Will plays Genie, let Jaden play Abu, fits him well, annoying little fucker. I wonder if they keep the parrot, Jago, and who will play/voice it.

Will Smith in Talks to Play the Genie in Guy Ritchie's Live-Action ALADDIN Movie

Will-Smith-Genie-Aladdin-041917-Dragonlord.jpg

Will Smith is in talks to take on the genie role made famous by the late Robin Williams in Disney’s live-action Aladdin from Guy Ritchie, Deadline reports.

The adaptation of the animated feature follows the studio’s strategy of bringing its classic animated titles to life and so far it has been a goldmine, most recently with Beauty and the Beast which has already grossed over $1B worldwide.

Smith had previously been in talks with Tim Burton about Dumbo but that did not materialize and sources say these talks are also early.

Like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin will be a live-action musical and that would fit well with Smith who is not only an actor but was known to the world for his musical prowess as The Fresh Prince rapper before he hit the little or big screen. The production is gearing up for a long, six-month shoot, so that is one consideration. It is supposed to start in the U.K. in July and wrap early next year.

John August (Big Fish) scripted the story based on the 1992 animated classic and follows the story of Aladdin and Princess Jasmine after the commoner Aladdin finds a magic lamp and, upon shining it up, a genie is released from being trapped inside. The bigger-than-life genie then grants Aladdin three wishes.

Will Smith In Talks For Genie Role In Disney’s Live-Action ‘Aladdin’ (Exclusive)
This is a HUGE mistake.

This is a HUGE mistake.

That's twice you've said that now.

You have alot invested in the Aladdin live action movie?

; )

Let's face it, no1 gives a fuck about Big Willy anymore, so long as he doesn't ruin anymore loved properties (Suicide Squad), and I can't say I'm the target audience for a live action Aladdin movie, so this news is total meh to me.

Hell, it might be good; at this stage, comedy could be Will's only route to redemption. Personally, he'll never be anything other than the Fresh Prince of Bel Air to me.

(He was good in ID and MiB, though, obviously)

That's twice you've said that now.

You have alot invested in the Aladdin live action movie?

; )
He only said it once. I was the one who copied his post from MNN and posted it here. :)

Smith had previously been in talks with Tim Burton about Dumbo

Ritchie and Burton trying to do shitty Disney musicals... Will Smith trying to Will Smithify these things....

Why does the world have to be so awful sometimes?

Ritchie and Burton trying to do shitty Disney musicals... Will Smith trying to Will Smithify these things....

Why does the world have to be so awful sometimes?

Money talks man. Did you see the domestic take for Beauty and the Beast? International, over a billion. Jungle Book was just shy of a billion worldwide I think too last year. You know they're itching to remake all the animated films.

Let me get this straight.

Guy Ritchie, Will Smith, Aladdin...

Dinosaurs-TV-Show-Baby-Laughing-At-The-Dinner-Table.gif

Oh', this is a disaster I must witness. Please let it happen.

Will Smith? No. Arabic Jasmine? Of course.

This is the strangest sentence I'll type for a long time, and it does have an assumption in it since he's just in talks.

"Will Smith cast as the Genie in Guy Ritchie's live action adaptation of Disney's Aladdin."

I'm stone cold sober right now and I don't know how to react to that sentence.

Money talks man. Did you see the domestic take for Beauty and the Beast? International, over a billion. Jungle Book was just shy of a billion worldwide I think too last year. You know they're itching to remake all the animated films.

I can't wait till the live action bambi.

So Will Smith will be playing a fast talking cool character who helps a loser get the girl again.

It's Ben Kingsley or Jeremy Irons for me as Jafaar.

We need Jeremy Irons to reprise his role as Scar in the live action, CGI filled version of The Lion King.

Who is it that people think will make a better live action Genie than Will Smith?

Shiva Negar should play Jasmine
MV5BMTM0NDkyMDM3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU1MjgwNw@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTg5Mjk2MDg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY1MjgwNw@@._V1_UY317_CR104,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMzM0MzI5ODk0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTIwMjkxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Sexy North American actress with a cute face that adds a touch of innocence like a Disney character.

Back