ALADDIN Live-Action Movie (Full Trailer Released)

Of course it's directed by Guy Ritchie lol

Didn't his last few movies all flopped??? How the hell is he getting these big budget movies?
Is he fucking someone on the board of Disney ??

Didn't his last few movies all flopped??? How the hell is he getting these big budget movies?

That king Arthur Movie he did was a straight Bomb.

I liked his Sherlock Holmes remake, the first one. But Ritchie comes across as try-hard , trying too much to emulate the pulp style of Tarantino and Trainspottin.

Definitely not liking smith in the genie role.

I'm 99% sure i won't be watching this.

That king Arthur Movie he did was a straight Bomb.

That movie was absolute trash. Got a fucking David Beckham cameo while Jax from SOA is pulling the sword from the stone. Doing shaky cam in a fantasy story. Used to love Guy Richie but he needs to stay in his lane.

6a00e54ee7b642883301a511a3ae0d970c-500wi

first-official-look-at-michael-rookers-yondu-from-guardians-of-the-galaxy

That movie was absolute trash. Got a fucking David Beckham cameo while Jax from SOA is pulling the sword from the stone. Doing shaky cam in a fantasy story. Used to love Guy Richie but he needs to stay in his lane.

Don't forget the generic video game boss fight at the end.

Didn't think it was bad. I won't watch it at the cinema, but I've not watched any of the live remakes.

People really hate Will smith. I don't get it, he seems like a nice guy.

Didn't think it was bad. I won't watch it at the cinema, but I've not watched any of the live remakes.

It's more being over him than hating him.
He just always plays himself in every movie he does. I like Will, but I don't want to see Will Smith essentially doing cosplay

Dude playing jafar sounds like a wiener, no menace in his voice. New jafar sounds sensitive.

If you look at the trajectory of the public perception of his career, pay attention to the period right around when I am Legend came out and contrast it to the shortly after that period when Hancock and Seven Pounds came out. I feel that in late 2007, I Am Legend was quite well received and his star wattage was as high as it ever was. He had to carry the movie himself after all.

Then he was in the lukewarm Hancock, the poorly received Seven Pounds and then he took a long hiatus. In that hiatus, his kids' careers were pushed- Jaden film career. Willow with the singing. I think a lot of people actually wound up resenting his involvement in that push.

By the time he came back in 2012- Men In Black III, I noticed a clear difference in the way many people perceived him. Back in the late 90s through like 2007, Will could barely do any wrong (Wild Wild West notwithstanding). Not the case at all these days as far as many are concerned.

It's more being over him than hating him.
He just always plays himself in every movie he does. I like Will, but I don't want to see Will Smith essentially doing cosplay

I don't agree. Concussion and Pursuit of Happyness being examples of him not playing himself. Besides, playing exactly the same character didn't hurt Wahlberg or Connery.

If you look at the trajectory of the public perception of his career, pay attention to the period right around when I am Legend came out and contrast it to the shortly after that period when Hancock and Seven Pounds came out. I feel that in late 2007, I Am Legend was quite well received and his star wattage was as high as it ever was. He had to carry the movie himself after all.

Then he was in the lukewarm Hancock, the poorly received Seven Pounds and then he took a long hiatus. In that hiatus, his kids' careers were pushed- Jaden film career. Willow with the singing. I think a lot of people actually wound up resenting his involvement in that push.

By the time he came back in 2012- Men In Black III, I noticed a clear difference in the way many people perceived him. Back in the late 90s through like 2007, Will could barely do any wrong (Wild Wild West notwithstanding). Not the case at all these days as far as many are concerned.

I agree with a lot of this. I think After Earth was the turning point. Didn't help the is was with M Night who is/was also despised. Not a good film, but nowhere near as bad as some made out.

Goddamn what a train wreck this is gonna be. The like to dislike ratio on that latest trailer should be a good indicator to shut that shit down.

Live action ALADDIN is two things:

1. Notttttttttttt really for the original fans. As if you couldn't tell by the image of Will Smith selling the fuck out, it's strictly for them kids.

2. And the Middle East. The cartoon came under fire and even had to change song lyrics when it got to home video. The new one aims to make up gripe for yesteryear's style of representation.

I don't agree. Concussion and Pursuit of Happyness being examples of him not playing himself. Besides, playing exactly the same character didn't hurt Wahlberg or Connery.

I agree with a lot of this. I think After Earth was the turning point. Didn't help the is was with M Night who is/was also despised. Not a good film, but nowhere near as bad as some made out.
Hey, I love Smith, but that's 2 movies out of how many in his like 20 year moviemaking career?
In most of his movies he plays a very similar character. Not the exact same, but I never forget that "this is Will Smith.". He's the loud, brash, funny guy.
And it's not even like he CAN'T do other stuff. I believe he has the acting chops. He showed them in Pursuit of Happiness, and even I am Legend.
The negativity towards Smith for me is about the wasted potential. he could be doing a lot more, but he always seems to pick shit projects.

And this is a GOAT tearjerker scene

<DCrying>

Back