ALADDIN Live-Action Movie (Full Trailer Released)

How is nostalgia supposed to be a bad thing? I love that shit.

I had reservations about this movie but fuck it, I’m in. I’ll take my daughter to see it too.

nostalgia is a bad thing when they turn Gaston into a dyel runt.

srs didnt even care about the weird Belle casting as I couldn't wait until prime human specimen Gaston v CGI Beast. Once i saw who was playing Gaston I started vacuuming.

Went to see the Theater production of Aladdin, was ok. Lion king was better. I’ll check this out but I don’t have high hopes

It looks like if the Genie was pretending to be Will Smith

Looks like it's easily Will Smith's best work since the YouTube Rewind video.

Last edited:
Ktur0Kg.jpg

DpcHU1YU4AANrjw.jpg

Disney shitting on my all time favorite childhood film. :(

Was actually really feeling it until The Genie appeared. Exactly what I thought he would be like, giant blue Will Smith. Even talks like friggin Fresh Prince. Ugh

They had to go a different direction with it. Williams’ iconic genie is like 90 percent Robin Williams-ish riffing. You can’t have someone who is not Robin Williams play that version of the character.

Smith will have to make it his own. We will see how that goes.

Looking forward to the movie though. Disney really risking the franchise fatigue though in releasing dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King all within a six month period.

He ain’t no Williams that’s for sure.

I have a feeling this is going to be terrible.

I really hope they have the singing. The singing is what makes those Disney animated films great. Did the live action Beauty and the Beast have singing in it? I did not see.

Does this mean, they are doing Hercules, Mulan, Little Mermaid (now that Aquaman has succeeded), Pocahontas, Hunchback etc, etc? When is the Dumbo coming out?

Beauty and the Beast had the songs, but I quit at the halfway point because I felt I was watching a somewhat forced, somewhat inferior version of the old animated movie. It was executed well from a technical standpoint, but it didn't really have the heart of the cartoon. I realized I'd rather just rewatch that one than keep going with the live action version.

If Robin Williams didn't hang himself and saw that clip of Will Smith as The Genie, he'd say...

"I'll be right back."

fde6afb55fdffac757151432d04def6f.jpg

If Robin Williams didn't hang himself and saw that clip of Will Smith as The Genie, he'd say...

"I'll be right back."

fde6afb55fdffac757151432d04def6f.jpg

Are you saying Robin Williams would hang Will Smith because he's black? That's racist bro.

I can't believe Will Smith is the Genie

It seems so wrong to me

I'll probably mostly tolerate this movie tho unless they fuck up Jafar. It's a Jafar make or break for me

Is Pepto Bismal going to be in it voiced by George Costanze cause I liked that

Honestly looks like shit.

Could easily pass as a spoof/parody trailer. They just put Will Smith's face on a blue floating torso with a swirly top.

Back