Al Sharpton Race Baiting Again

Don't forget the Human Torch and Nick Fury.

I felt racially raped that day, long ago, when I sat down in the theater and saw the Kingpin make his entrance in the Daredevil movie. Every attempt since then to black-up the Marvel universe has just been piling on.

Sharpton's a fighter, and the issue that he fights for pisses a lot of people off to a literally insane degree (I recently, accidentally because he was on a mainstream station, listened to a racist talk-show host named Michael Savage calling him "the worst person who has ever lived")--to the point that many on the left feel it's easier to just try to disassociate with him. I imagine that modern neo-Confederates see Sharpton the same way their ancestors saw Nat Turner.

Dr savage isn't a racist, and he is a very smart man, you would do well to listen to him

Dr savage isn't a racist, and he is a very smart man, you would do well to listen to him

I don't get the impression he's a racist, but he is a hardcore conservative. To Jack's warped world view, that makes him a racist.

aren't they supposed to select people on their acting that year and not their race?

Yea is pretty pathetic. Fury didn't bother me so much because I love Samuel Jackson. But have the human Torch, even though I love Michael B. Jordan as an actor, is a disgrace and pretty much ruins the whole comic's origin story. really dumb move.

As a hater of CGI heavy movies, and a lover of comic books, I have avoided every single marvel film ever...well, except for generation x..but anyways..the human torch and kingpin are black?, that's fucked :icon_neut

Instead of starting a new thread because its on this topic. The film Selma is a very good oscar worthy film. What no one is talking about and why there was such few oscar nods for best actor and actress and other awards simply HARPO's fault. Oprah must have thought that the Oscar nominating committee would just automatically nominate Selma. Harvey Weinstein and others will explain that timing is everything in getting a good number of oscar nominations for a good film.

A lot of it is having the film debut at least 3 to 5 months before the announcements. The other is promoting the film for Oscar consideration. Many times it takes hounding board members and heavy promotion of the film. There has been films that where released late and still got considered but not broadly like best actor, director and other awards. Weinstein is also known to wine and dine many in the Hollywood community and his after Golden Globe party is one of the big ones. This no doubt will help his cause for his projects.

Harvey is very open about the way he handles his business operation so its not like a big secret. Other big producers do many of the same things just not made as public about it. A good film needs to be promoted in the media heavily as Harvey has done for many of his projects personally. This does add sway in the Oscar nominating committee. 12 Years a Slave used similar processes to get so many nominations and wins.

This is the fault of Oprah for releasing the film at the end of Dec. not at least around the Oct. timeframe and doing the political angle to promote the film. Major producers who films commonly get put up for oscar consideration learn about the these processes early. You could make the same case for American Sniper that had a late release date but has been heavily promoted for Oscar consideration. For months you saw people like lead actor appearing on network news shows talking about the film. The appearances of members of the production team and the support actors helped to promote the film. It garnered 6 nominations for the film.

That is interesting, and I've only seen a few adverts for Selma. But I also remember a lot of other movies, especially when I was young, getting highest nomination honors without being widely advertised.

Correct, and even though American Sniper got lot's of nominations and hasn't been released in a lot of theatres until today, you see commercials for it constantly and have been for a while. I just found out about "Selma" a few weeks ago.

I have never even heard of Selma until this thread. Maybe Oprah paid Sharpton to get her movie some press?

Sharpton is a racist and a bigot with blood on his hands. The moment he becomes the leader of a movement, without a toilet nearby, that movement loses all credibility. A real leader would recognize this and step away from the limelight. Sharpton is not a leader, he's is not altruistic, benevolent, or sympathetic to the very issues he raises. He's in it for the money, fame, and power. Tbf, he needs the money because he hasn't paid his taxes and got caught.

So is it everyone who has expressed the opinion that we should investigate it when cops kill people equally responsible for two cops getting murdered or is it just Sharpton?

Black people RULE the entertainment industry.

Fuck off.

There are a lot of great black actors.

Black people already got Annie and the Karate Kid FFS. Where does their greed end?

I guarantee you that hardly any blacks give a shit about these Oscar "snubs". Al Sharpton has never and will never represent black people.

Al Sharpton Calls For 'Emergency Meeting' To Address 'Appalling' All-White Oscar Nominees
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/al-sharpton-calls-emergency-meeting-210136185.html

This guy is just the WORST. Who takes him seriously anymore?

Some very delusional people do, actually. The clear minded people know Sharpton is in deep for his company's backtaxes and he is trying to stir the pot so he can potentially get paid off to quietly move on to the next non-issue he looks to unravel.

Blacks make what 13% of the population? What does he want 50/50 split in the nomination? For a small percentage of the population they have lots of stars in Hollywood. He needs attention.

Is that why the Rocky Mountains are so peaceful?

rimshot-o.gif

Back