Movies AL Pacino Movie Marathon (Movie #13 - The Devil's Advocate)

Hart Break Kick 97

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just like the Clint Eastwood marathon watch, I'm gonna watch majority of Al Pacinos filmography, except this time I'm gonna do it in order starting with his 70s work.

I will not be watching: The Godfather & The Godfather II because they're both 10/10 films, they are my favorite films, and my ratings on them will never change.

Current Rankings

1. The Godfather - 10
1. The Godfather II - 10
3. Scarface - 9
4. Heat - 9
5. Scent of a Woman - 8
6. Dog Day Afternoon - 8
7. Carlitos Way - 8
8. Serpico - 7
9. Donnie Brasco - 7
10. The Devil's Advocate - 7
11. Insomnia - 7
12. Any Given Sunday - 7
13. Glengarry Glen Ross - 7
14. The Godfather 3 Coda The Death of Michael Corleone - 6
15. Cruising - 6

Last edited:
The thing about Al Pacino is that he has a lot of hidden gems in his early days. Really great decision to go from 70s.

The marathon isn’t complete until you’ve seen “Once upon a time in Hollywood” because he’s in it, lucky you. Also don’t forget, watch Scarface w/lots of guns and coke in arms reach, for true cinematic experience

The marathon isn’t complete until you’ve seen “Once upon a time in Hollywood” because he’s in it, lucky you. Also don’t forget, watch Scarface w/lots of guns and coke in arms reach, for true cinematic experience

Scarface is Overrated. New Jack City is 2x as good.

But Donnie Basco is better than Scarface of a Al flix.

Whoooowaaaaaaa!
tumblr_mlfq25aang1s6enrfo1_400.gif

I'd like to hear your take on Godfather Part III (you've got a ways to go since it's 1990). I always enjoyed it. I did a rewatch recently and I have some thoughts about it and what the critical weaknesses are.

But yeah, always felt it was a good movie that just seemed smaller than it was cause it was standing alongside giants. It can't compare to the classic predecessors but I've seen way worse sequels to very good films after a long break.

Pacino reflecting on Cazale. Great actor in his own right. Real shame he passed so young.

Total classic. Sidney Lumet was an epic director. I hope younger generations of viewers revisit his work.

It's a story told 30yrs ago and still great today. A couple fighting for Love and willing to do
anything for it.

I'd like to hear your take on Godfather Part III (you've got a ways to go since it's 1990). I always enjoyed it. I did a rewatch recently and I have some thoughts about it and what the critical weaknesses are.

But yeah, always felt it was a good movie that just seemed smaller than it was cause it was standing alongside giants. It can't compare to the classic predecessors but I've seen way worse sequels to very good films after a long break.

Yeah 3rd gets shit cause its not as classic as the 1&2nd but was a still as good as any other movie like Bronx Tales.

It's a story told 30yrs ago and still great today. A couple fighting for Love and willing to do
anything for it.

There's a lot of depth to the movie. You have the dynamic between Cazale and Pacino where one is the mastermind and becomes sort of this folk hero and the other is uncomfortable and just sort of along for the ride. You have Pacino being married yet having the relationship with Chris Sarandon on the side. The way that Pacino and the hostages come to sort of an understanding. The police and hostage negotiators interaction with him. Everything is handled well.

There's a lot of depth to the movie. You have the dynamic between Cazale and Pacino where one is the mastermind and becomes sort of this folk hero and the other is uncomfortable and just sort of along for the ride. You have Pacino being married yet having the relationship with Chris Sarandon on the side. The way that Pacino and the hostages come to sort of an understanding. The police and hostage negotiators interaction with him. Everything is handled well.

Homie was a little bit off though. When Al told the cops we are about to start throwing bodies out the window, homie was ready.

I'm gonna watch the new releases version of Godfather 3 where there is a new beginning and ending I believe. I've yet to see it but have heard some positive things.

Back