Al let Khabib jab his face off...

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Al stuck his face out there to bait, but somehow people interpreted this as Khabib taking it to Al on the feet with solid, accurate jabs.

Al could've dodged those. Just saying.

Come at me, brah.

is the pony in your av getting the...you know

And why he did that TS ?
Cause he's a sadomasochist ?

Al, let Khabib, jab him repeatedly in the face so he could do absolutely nothing with that strategy.

Thanks for the great insider knowledge.

he was getting ready to block the TD by keeping his hands low.

He would rather get his face lit up than deal with khabib on the ground.

NOT IMPRESSED BY THIS THREAD
mini_190916064124456409.png

Al stuck his face out there to bait, but somehow people interpreted this as Khabib taking it to Al on the feet with solid, accurate jabs.

Come at me, brah.
well, here's Al I's version:

“His standup was really good. I felt like I was a step behind him, just from the first two rounds of trying to get up and stay against the cage, he was kind of wearing on me a little bit. So I felt a little behind, but his jab is good. Every time I tried to let so combos go, he’s awkward, he’s got like the Russians — it’s just a different style of boxing. They were saying he’s got his head up. I connect with everybody. ... It was hard to get to him. He’s tough, he’s tough. He’s got his own style. He’s awkward. Maybe it doesn’t look like it from the outside, but, he’s definitely, he’s fucking tough man. I knew we had a mutual respect on the standup when it was going back and forth, he was definitely worried about my power shots. But he kept me away with his jab and his movement was a little awkward and good.”​

And here:
“I come in there to fight every time. There’s a reason why guys don’t look good against me. I know he didn’t want to exert his energy trying to finish me because he knew he was going to have to kill me to finish me, and if he didn’t kill me, he was going to gas himself out. And five rounds is a long fight. So I know he knew that, he definitely respected me, and he felt that. I think he’s got a little bit of — people are like, ‘Is he really that good?’ Don’t think like that.”​

If you disagree with Al I, I won't get in the way of that conversation.

Didn't you see the cowboy fight? that's what Raging Al calls head movement, getting your head snapped back by strikes.

well, here's Al I's version:

“His standup was really good. I felt like I was a step behind him, just from the first two rounds of trying to get up and stay against the cage, he was kind of wearing on me a little bit. So I felt a little behind, but his jab is good. Every time I tried to let so combos go, he’s awkward, he’s got like the Russians — it’s just a different style of boxing. They were saying he’s got his head up. I connect with everybody. ... It was hard to get to him. He’s tough, he’s tough. He’s got his own style. He’s awkward. Maybe it doesn’t look like it from the outside, but, he’s definitely, he’s fucking tough man. I knew we had a mutual respect on the standup when it was going back and forth, he was definitely worried about my power shots. But he kept me away with his jab and his movement was a little awkward and good.”​

If you disagree with Al I, I won't get in the way of that conversation.

Gotta take some to give some.

You're right, but people won't get it.
Al lured Khabib into a fistfight, even Khabib said he forgot about his wrestling in some rounds. Remember Khabib's corner screaming at him to take Al down? That's because Khabib abandoned his gameplan.

It was an odd fight for sure. Al spent the better part of 2 rounds walking Khabib down with nothing but his face.

Blocking shots with your face is always a good idea in a fight.

Khabibs striking reminds me of DC.

I hate wrestlers...

Come at me, brah.
that's not what Al said
he himself acknowledged Khabib's jab as "very good"

Last edited:

Come at me, brah.
Good strategy. eat unanswered shots

Back