Al Iaquinta Wants Tony Ferguson Fight in November

Meh, I guess so. Tony needs a tune up fight. And he would absolutely smash Al who got boxed up by Khabib lol. Tony will destroy him on the feet.

Would suck if Al won.... then khabib tony would just seem so unimportant

That's a great tune up for Tony. We don't know if he's still good. Age + injuries... Al might be too much.

If I were Ferguson, I'd wait for a title shot. But as a fan, I'd watch that fight.

Tony should try and be ready for the Conor/Khabib fight...just in case

Then if he’s not needed there, give him pettis

Tony should get an immediate title shot if he wants it. Iaquinta should fight Eddie Alvarez if he's still around.

IDK.. Tony has been winning since forever but his tendency of blocking punches with his face might hurt him in this one.

Al carries some good power and good boxing skills.

My money would be on Iaquinta at good underdog odds.

AL is awesome but probably shouldn't be given that fight but I mean whats it matter

This fight makes a lot of sense to me.

1- Tony didn’t deserve to be stripped therefor doesn’t deserve to have to face one of the tougher challenges for his return. A journeyman like Al would be fair to throw at Tony.

2- Tony coming off major injury, a journeyman like Al would make for a smoother transition than a top 5.

3- Tony talked big shit about Khabib’s performance vs Al, this could be the perfect promo if Tony was to go out there and walk the talk by beating Al better than Khabib did.

Tony isn’t climbing any ladders, his top spot is well earned and he only needs to fight once before title. Beating the guy that earned Khabib the title and is now calling you out is the perfect way to announce your re-arrival.

Tony's cool but I got Ragin' Al for the upset.

Whooped Lee's ass, whooped Diego's ass, whooped Masvidal's ass

Tony's next

Decent return fight for Ferguson... Al is a gamer. Could be an entertaining scrap.

This the trouble when you give lower ranked fighters like Nate Diaz a McGregor fight or Iaquinta a title fight to save a card with Khabib (which we all thankful he did of course), or now Costa a Romero fight. Now that these fighters tasted the filet mignon they don't want any of the dinner scraps. Trouble is you have to earn your filet mignon.

Tony, make no mistake would FINISH Iaquinta unlike pillow hands Khabib.

I mean I'm in if it happens, but rather see Tony elsewhere.

Has he even explained why he pulled out off his last fight like two daya after acepting?

Fuck this diva.

I’m sure he does want that fight. But Ferguson should be placed in a bubble wrapped chamber to guard him from further injuries while he waits for Khabib or Conor.

I would watch. Beats no fight at all. If he wants to hold out for a title fight it ain't gonna happen until some time into 2019. God knows what the winner of Conor and Khabib will even do? Will they retire? Will they do super fights? Will they hold up the division and take a break? Who knows? That is just to risky.

Tony is up the creek without a paddle. He is the victim of circumstance. He should take the fight.

Back